Sep 11, 2015, 11:11 PM
thanks, can't wait for the part to arrive
to remove ads between posts
Sep 14, 2015, 08:16 PM
Been modding for over 35 years
I got my truck today. Holy cow, this thing is twisty! The plastic is like rubber.
Sep 14, 2015, 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabe
I got my truck today. Holy cow, this thing is twisty! The plastic is like rubber.
Is that a good twisty or a bad twisty?

Mine shipped this morning, how long was your wait?

I'm probably going to order a few sets of those wheels the next time I get paid.For $9.99 + free shipping they should look nice on one of those $50 Yeah Racing utility trailer kits on ebay.After thinking about it awhile id really like to do a Jurassic World theme with a utility trailer full of park maintenance tools, maybe a tranq gun and stuff.
Sep 14, 2015, 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by micromodder
Is that a good twisty or a bad twisty?

Mine shipped this morning, how long was your wait?

Well the twisty is actually useful for crawling over obstacles. I swear that the frame twists as much if not more than the suspension travels. I mean comically so - it looks like a worm, or snake, or something biologic rather than a vehicle. I have only run it without the body on so its very noticeable ( the body adds a small element of stiffness). It's as if the body is part of the suspension.

It is well engineered. Straight off the shelf, it is worth the $95U.S. I paid. However, the metal frame upgrades and suspension tuning will be a must for a serious modeller.

I ordered 9-1 and it arrived 9-14 to California.
Sep 14, 2015, 11:42 PM
Oh nice, I was expecting a full month wait like the free overseas shipping can take at times.But I guess we are paying for air mail.

I already ordered the metal chassis and Hsp shocks, I was just curious about the twisting.I've had a Driven Productions no shock chassis on my Trail Trekker for roughly 2 years and the Derlin plastic has held up great flexing like that.Most of us are going to be really close to being able to build a 2nd truck after we buy all of the metal upgrades, hopefully the stock parts are durable.

Thanks for the response btw.
Sep 14, 2015, 11:56 PM
Quote:
Oh nice, I was expecting a full month wait like the free overseas shipping can take at times.But I guess we are paying for air mail.

I already ordered the metal chassis and Hsp shocks, I was just curious about the twisting.I've had a Driven Productions no shock chassis on my Trail Trekker for roughly 2 years and the Derlin plastic has held up great flexing like that.Most of us are going to be really close to being able to build a 2nd truck after we buy all of the metal upgrades, hopefully the stock parts are durable.

Thanks for the response btw.
I just cancelled my metal parts order from gearbest, and ordered it all from bangood. They are more expensive but have the stuff in stock.

BTW, I have modded a few micros in my time... heh. You may have seen some.
Sep 15, 2015, 04:31 AM
Technomancer
Thread OP
Quote:
After thinking about it awhile id really like to do a Jurassic World theme with a utility trailer full of park maintenance tools, maybe a tranq gun and stuff.
Strange coincidence: I was just loading up Jurassic World, and thought I'd check RCG while it buffers. I'll be sure to keep my eye out for the Merc' now.
Sep 15, 2015, 05:50 PM
Ordered mine 9/1/15. Received it yesterday. As has been stated here before the chassis is made out of ultra flexible material (Red vines/twizzlers soft) every single shock was leaking and the motor was unplugged as was the steering servo. Wife picked it up off of the coffee table and it twisted so much she thought she broke it. she apologized and i told her it came like that her exact words were "what a piece of junk" lmao. I cant lie if i paid more than $150 for this id feel ripped off but since i got it for $75 i think its awesome (Minus the awful turning radius) with only the front wheels steering. Ordered all of the metal parts available from Gearbest when i purchased the truck but every piece is still processing. So in hindsight i should have ordered the hop ups from banggood, Overall it looks pretty badass sitting next to my Tamiya's (Highlift Tundra, CC-01 Wrangler, & CR-01 Land Cruiser)
Tonight after work i'm ripping out the stock electronics and adding and old school Novak 610 ESC & 550 motor combo I will also try running a 3s lipo
Sep 15, 2015, 06:53 PM
Yeah, the frame material is like a Ruckus - made to flex on impact. I put a better steering servo and longer servo horn. Now I have "improved" steering.
Sep 15, 2015, 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabe
I just cancelled my metal parts order from gearbest, and ordered it all from bangood. They are more expensive but have the stuff in stock.

BTW, I have modded a few micros in my time... heh. You may have seen some.
Hopefully they stay in stock at Banggood a little while, I bought a boat trailer today so I know I can't afford my axles this month.Maybe I'll get lucky and my frame from Gearbest will show up before I have enough money to order from Banggood.

Any leads on a trailer hitch?Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by valiantGLX
Strange coincidence: I was just loading up Jurassic World, and thought I'd check RCG while it buffers. I'll be sure to keep my eye out for the Merc' now.
I was a bit upset, the 6x6 didn't get the air time it deserved considering the truck was given to them to be filmed.I wish I could get a free 6x6 for a half second of footage lol.

If I remember right the first security team dispatched with non lethal weapons drove it.
Sep 15, 2015, 11:44 PM
Technomancer
Thread OP
Quote:
I was a bit upset, the 6x6 didn't get the air time it deserved considering the truck was given to them to be filmed.I wish I could get a free 6x6 for a half second of footage lol.

If I remember right the first security team dispatched with non lethal weapons drove it.
Yeah it deserved way more air time! They put in the ridiculous side plot about the kids parents getting a divorce that went nowhere, I would have preferred a bit more time to get my drool on over the 6x6.
Last edited by valiantGLX; Sep 15, 2015 at 11:51 PM.
Sep 15, 2015, 11:48 PM
Technomancer
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilcamach
Ordered mine 9/1/15. Received it yesterday. As has been stated here before the chassis is made out of ultra flexible material (Red vines/twizzlers soft) every single shock was leaking and the motor was unplugged as was the steering servo. Wife picked it up off of the coffee table and it twisted so much she thought she broke it. she apologized and i told her it came like that her exact words were "what a piece of junk" lmao. I cant lie if i paid more than $150 for this id feel ripped off but since i got it for $75 i think its awesome (Minus the awful turning radius) with only the front wheels steering.
C'mon, name an RTR RC that didn't need a modification out of the box In the HG P601's case it needs a stronger chassis, but it is readily available and relatively inexpensive in the scheme of things (same as the shocks).
Sep 16, 2015, 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by valiantGLX
C'mon, name an RTR RC that didn't need a modification out of the box In the HG P601's case it needs a stronger chassis, but it is readily available and relatively inexpensive in the scheme of things (same as the shocks).
Don't get me wrong. The stock chassis material is terrible but i love my HGP601 overall. And for $75 it great. certainly needs less work than my $1k Losi DBXL did out of the box that's for sure!
Sep 17, 2015, 12:16 AM
The material it is made from is actually wonderfull for an RC truck- strong and flexible. However it would be better suited on a SCT or basher, not a "scale" 6x6.
Sep 17, 2015, 06:28 AM
Technomancer
Thread OP
I finished my 6WS setup today. I used an 6ch ORX combined with my Spektrum DX6i. The Hobbywing Quicrun 1060 is a crazy good ESC, speed is at least doubled

I got some cheapo Hobbyking Servos, they're BB, MG, can run on 6v, fit perfectly and are advertised as waterproof. You can't ask for much more at $12 a pop

I am friggin' over the moon with my electrics combo, metal upgrades and shocks. This truck is really something else now, I was almost drifting it on the lawn earlier For around $400 it is crazy good value!

I'll post some better pics in the daylight tomorrow, and hopefully do some running videos this weekend

Quick Reply