Sep 08, 2015, 03:44 AM
Nice work Valiant and thanks for reviewing the truck.I bought the 6x6 and the metal chassis parts tonight, I just need to save up for the axles and shocks now.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 08, 2015, 08:24 AM
Technomancer
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by micromodder
Nice work Valiant and thanks for reviewing the truck.I bought the 6x6 and the metal chassis parts tonight, I just need to save up for the axles and shocks now.
Thanks man, and no worries

The metal chassis really eliminates all of the chassis flex, it's great! .......and all the metal parts are surprisingly good quality

The ebay shocks work almost flawlessly now with the additional weight of the metal parts. They are the best bang per buck shocks I have ever used; the piston could be a better fit (they're a bit on the small side), but the bottom seal and the bladder are great (I think they are sealed really well). I filled them with a Trackstar 450cst shock oil, which is almost bang on the money in my opinion. Speaking of weight I think the fully tricked out chassis and electronics (excluding the battery) will weigh-in just under 3500 grams

It's honestly a beast
Sep 08, 2015, 11:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by valiantGLX
Thanks man, and no worries

The metal chassis really eliminates all of the chassis flex, it's great! .......and all the metal parts are surprisingly good quality

The ebay shocks work almost flawlessly now with the additional weight of the metal parts. They are the best bang per buck shocks I have ever used; the piston could be a better fit (they're a bit on the small side), but the bottom seal and the bladder are great (I think they are sealed really well). I filled them with a Trackstar 450cst shock oil, which is almost bang on the money in my opinion. Speaking of weight I think the fully tricked out chassis and electronics (excluding the battery) will weigh-in just under 3500 grams

It's honestly a beast
I got my shocks ordered tonight .I just went with the same HSP 108004 that your using except I bought the blue ones so they match my Traxxas Spartans hardware.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331611715134...K%3AMEBIDX%3AT

Have you looked into metal drive shafts yett?
Sep 08, 2015, 11:22 PM
Been modding for over 35 years
I think mine will also be getting metal link arms.
Sep 09, 2015, 06:06 AM
Technomancer
Thread OP
What metal driveshafts and links will you guys use?
Sep 09, 2015, 08:10 AM
I finally decide to go a LONG way to build my 8x8 stryker infantry combat vehicle.
Purchased:
Central tranny, motor mount and gear, front and rear axials.

Now my design is to build a chassis framework, and use existing part as much as possible, make it 8x8 with wheel base proportionate to stryker, and build plastic hull from there.

I will make hull and other suspension for myself, (can someone post more pics of the truck suspension. or the pdf manual, especially exploded chart.)
Sep 09, 2015, 09:26 AM
Been modding for over 35 years
Quote:
What metal driveshafts and links will you guys use?
I'll use large Traxxas links and balls. Possibly Punisher shafts.
Sep 09, 2015, 09:38 PM
Seems quite a feasible project with HG's transmission and gear box.
The only thing is that the armored car should have differential, not solid axial.
Sep 10, 2015, 10:32 AM
are the diff's open or locked on these axles? i would assume they are solid axles with open diffs., is that correct?
Sep 10, 2015, 12:13 PM
oh that guy
They should be locked for crawling. I'm thinking about just start building one of these by ordering all the upgrade parts and standard parts for what doesn't have an upgrade parts piece by piece. I dislike buying a whole rig then replacing most of it with aftermarket parts. Hopefully all the parts I will need are available.
Sep 11, 2015, 02:58 AM
Quote:
i'm not a girl...but it is Bling Bling
Sep 11, 2015, 02:13 PM
Quote:
That's a shame However I just saw that Gearbest has dropped the price again! It is now only $95 At that price you could buy 3x P601s at gearbest for the same price as only 1 P601 from Banggood.

Imagine something like this using the 10x10 platform.......

can you give me quick help, what is the track width of the car, maybe measure from the hex wheel hub to the other wheel hub in metric if you can.
Sep 11, 2015, 08:31 PM
Technomancer
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by slim_chance
They should be locked for crawling. I'm thinking about just start building one of these by ordering all the upgrade parts and standard parts for what doesn't have an upgrade parts piece by piece. I dislike buying a whole rig then replacing most of it with aftermarket parts. Hopefully all the parts I will need are available.
I agree, but at $75 for the RTR package you can't go wrong. All the gears in the stock diffs and gearbox ar the same as what's in the metal ones, the way I looked at it is I have heaps of spare gears (and other odds and ends) now incase anything fails.

Also I think you can buy the empty metal cases so you can transfer the stock gears into them, in turn saving money
Sep 11, 2015, 08:35 PM
Technomancer
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilcamach
are the diff's open or locked on these axles? i would assume they are solid axles with open diffs., is that correct?
All the diffs are locked, but with no gear reduction. The gear reduction happens in the gearbox, so if you got rid of the gearbox and rigged something else in place you could build a speed machine
Sep 11, 2015, 08:39 PM
Technomancer
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by modelerchina
Seems quite a feasible project with HG's transmission and gear box.
The only thing is that the armored car should have differential, not solid axial.
Looks awesome, I would prefer locked diffs for mudding/off-roading/crawling, etc. It depends on how you want to drive it I guess.

I'll try to post the manual later for you

Quick Reply