Sep 01, 2015, 05:15 PM
Technomancer
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilcamach
What size lipo are you running 2s or 3s, also what shocks did you use to upgrade the suspension? Any pics?
I'm using 2x 2200mah 2s nanotechs in parallel. It's only a temporary solution until I buy a nice big hard cased 2s.

I'm hoping my shocks are going to arrive anyday now. When they do I'll take heaps of pics
to remove ads between posts
Sep 01, 2015, 05:17 PM
Technomancer
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabe
I'm an impetuous fool....
Congrats, be sure to post heaps of pics and vids when it arrives
Sep 01, 2015, 05:27 PM
Been modding for over 35 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by valiantGLX
Congrats, be sure to post heaps of pics and vids when it arrives
I actually made two orders today - I bought the rig in the first order, then an hour later, figured I might as well buy all the metal parts I can, so I made a second order for them.

Bangood has metal axles but I did not buy those. Only the metal frame parts from Gearbest. And the shifter kit.
Sep 01, 2015, 06:29 PM
Technomancer
Thread OP
I ordered all the metal bits from banggood, but in hindsight I wish I waited for gearbest to stock all the bits because the parts they do have are dirt cheap
Sep 01, 2015, 07:37 PM
Im pretty jazzed about this. It will be fun and cheap to mod.
Sep 05, 2015, 04:22 AM
Technomancer
Thread OP
My shocks arrived on Friday, and I got them installed them today. From the package they were only 1/4 filled with a yellow oil, and slightly binded for the first couple of compressions. I completely pulled them apart, cleaned them out and put heaps of oil on the lower rubber grommets. Filling them was tricky because the bladder is so large that you need to have the oil sitting 5mm or so below the top in order not to overfill them. After a refill and clean up they work a charm though, super value for money at only $2.50 per shock. My only gripe is that the rear feels over sprung, some softer springs should do the trick. However performance is leaps and bounds ahead of the stock shocks, there's no comparison really. Also the stock hardware fits the new shocks perfectly, no modifications required.
Last edited by valiantGLX; Sep 05, 2015 at 05:26 AM.
Sep 05, 2015, 10:28 AM
Looks the the new shocks are a tad longer in the pictures. Are they?
Sep 05, 2015, 02:29 PM
Technomancer
Thread OP
Quote:
Looks the the new shocks are a tad longer in the pictures. Are they?
Yeah they're slightly longer, but by less than 5mm
Sep 05, 2015, 04:29 PM
Well they are dragging their feet on shipping my truck for some reason. Also, my metal parts are back-ordered (of course).
Sep 07, 2015, 03:47 AM
Technomancer
Thread OP
Quote:
Well they are dragging their feet on shipping my truck for some reason. Also, my metal parts are back-ordered (of course).
Bugger, I hope everything works out quickly for you. Try the customer support if all else fails.
Sep 07, 2015, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by valiantGLX
My metal parts arrived from Banggood today, I have a bit of work ahead of me now
This is going to be cool! Are you planning on 6 wheel steering full time, or some sort of steering lock out?
Sep 07, 2015, 05:45 PM
Technomancer
Thread OP
Quote:
This is going to be cool! Are you planning on 6 wheel steering full time, or some sort of steering lock out?
Cheers, I was up all night assembling it, I just need my new servos and esc to arrive now. I want full time-casual 6WS, so I can flick through the steering modes or disable it on my transmitter. I'll post some pics later, it's certainly an epic rig and sooo heavy now.
Sep 07, 2015, 10:13 PM
Very nice.

Quick Reply