Little Bee and MRM Zeus 20AMP ESC's - RC Groups
Aug 14, 2015, 03:40 AM
Just another FPV addicted teen
Discussion

Little Bee and MRM Zeus 20AMP ESC's

Hey guys, I was given a set of these esc's to test for a local retailer. They have proven to be excellent!! 300 grams (approximately) more thrust than the SN20 ESCs! All tests were done with a 2208 2000kv cobra, 6x4.5 prop and 75c lumenier Lipo. I was told these were the closest competitor to the Kiss ESC's. I have a set of Kiss30's coming so I'll be sure to test that Stay tuned. Should also add that the motors (2208 cobra) sounded 100x times smoother on the Little Bee

Little Bee opto ESC Thrust tests! - EpicRC (1 min 5 sec)

I compared to
Afro30
SN20
SN30
and the closest to it was the Afro.. Still 200 grams off
Available at >http://multirotormania.com/20-amp/11...0-amp-esc.html
and > http://buzzhobbies.com.au/index.php?...product_id=838
and > http://shop.hovership.com/hovership-bl20-esc/
-Epic
Last edited by EpicRC; Sep 25, 2015 at 03:38 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 14, 2015, 11:21 AM
Team AlienWarpSquad
Which Optoisolator chips do these use?
What is the Opto's LED current specs?
Do the Opto's LED work from a 3.3V processor?
Aug 14, 2015, 11:58 AM
Alienated 👽
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltr
My knowledge of electrical engineering is limited... But I think your questions are off track.

Isn't Opto just meaning .. does not contain a BEC? (When referring to Opto ESC's)

LED, Light Emitting Diode... Relevance?

I think your a troll.
Aug 14, 2015, 12:42 PM

No!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vektaur
My knowledge of electrical engineering is limited... But I think your questions are off track.

Isn't Opto just meaning .. does not contain a BEC? (When referring to Opto ESC's)

I think your a troll.
An OPTO ESC truly means that there is NO Common Ground or Power from the motor supply side and the Signal side to the ESC. Most so-called "OPTO" are as you think- no BEC, but that is just the Chinese marketing to people who don't know better. Don't be suckered in.

In a true OPTO a LED will send the drive signal to a photodiode and there will be no direct connection to the motor supply voltage. These types of ESC will require a separate power supply voltage for the ESC in addition to the main battery that powers the ESC/Motors.
Joe
Aug 14, 2015, 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltr
Sorry, I wouldn't know
Aug 14, 2015, 09:53 PM
Rebuild Testing // Bolt250 - EpicRC (0 min 29 sec)

Here is my flight tests, more to come
Aug 14, 2015, 10:45 PM
These ESCs seem quite impressive from what I've read so far. It'll be interesting to see how they perform outside of static tests.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vektaur

I think your a troll.
Opto means optically-coupled i.e. electrically isolated. That helps to keep power system noise out of signals and most importantly in most other industries, it provides a safety barrier between systems of different voltage. Of course most of these small Chinese "Opto" ESCs are not actually optically isolated at all, they just misuse the term to mean not having a low voltage power supply output.
Aug 15, 2015, 08:16 PM
Another thing to note, that with these ESC's there is absolutely ZERO fet drag. Doesn't really effect anything, but pretty nice
Aug 15, 2015, 10:24 PM
Team AlienWarpSquad
Quote:
absolutely ZERO fet drag
And WHAT is that???
Aug 16, 2015, 02:28 AM
Why sometimes, brushless motors don't spin freely (9 min 5 sec)
Aug 16, 2015, 02:53 AM
Quote:
Another thing to note, that with these ESC's there is absolutely ZERO fet drag. Doesn't really effect anything, but pretty nice
Can you describe how you measured this?

How do these compare performance wise to KISS or RG20 on high KV systems?
Aug 16, 2015, 03:29 AM
insane performance.

How is it compare RG20 and KISS 18A
Last edited by Liliass; Aug 16, 2015 at 04:14 AM.
Aug 16, 2015, 05:13 AM
I do not have KISS ESC's or RG20's yet, I plan on getting a set of Kiss30's next week. Or maybe jus t to test. So I cannot say about how they compare.

Here is another video from my quad, the power feels the same as Bullnose, probably being made up by the extra thrust from these ESC's. Enjoy, and drop a comment on the video if you like it

Triple Trouble//Bolt250 - EpicRC (1 min 18 sec)
Aug 16, 2015, 08:09 AM
Tested these "little bee" out myself today. The frame still needs some tuning, this was a maiden but I was immediately blown away.

So fast on 5x4.5. Motors came down warm and battery very warm but the esc completely cool.

Little Bee 20 amp OPTO ESC testing from buzzhobbies.com.au (3 min 4 sec)
Aug 16, 2015, 08:18 AM
Thanks for the post Simon ��