Aug 24, 2015, 08:30 AM
Closed Account
Yeah, it shows connecting but it is connected.

So how is the ERSKY bootloader on it but running opentx?
to remove ads between posts
Aug 24, 2015, 08:46 AM
Flying a Chipmunk in Portugal
Probably because you installed ersky9x with Samba,which installs also the bootloader, and then you installed opentx on top using the bootloader? It's just a guess of course.

Joćo
Aug 24, 2015, 08:53 AM
Closed Account
I short the pins each time before I use samba. Shouldn't this wipe the bootloader as well?
Aug 24, 2015, 09:00 AM
I think so.. will try to flash mine later and see what's happening..
Aug 24, 2015, 09:05 AM
JK, you probably will have to ship the boards already flashed. I think this is not an easy task for someone that never did this.. not easy also for the ones who did it
Would it be possible the people say what fw they want installed when they order the board? When the bootloader is installed it is quite easy to install the fw or read the eeprom and SD Card, but the problem is working with Samba I believe..

Joćo
Aug 24, 2015, 09:17 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhsa
JK, you probably will have to ship the boards already flashed. I think this is not an easy task for someone that never did this.. not easy also for the ones who did it
Would it be possible the people say what fw they want installed when they order the board? When the bootloader is installed it is quite easy to install the fw or read the eeprom and SD Card, but the problem is working with Samba I believe..

Joćo
Yes, absolutely agree. learning that very hard way.
Aug 24, 2015, 09:24 AM
Samba was much easier for me then getting my usbasp working with avrdude and associated drivers when I was just flashing a factory board lol???
Aug 24, 2015, 09:24 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by reacher10
I short the pins each time before I use samba. Shouldn't this wipe the bootloader as well?
Erase pin is shorted, wipes everything on flashrom. no bootloader nothing.

Anyway, good thing we can load something via Samba.
So, let's do this one last time.

Erase it.
Do samba, don't forget to click that last button.
That's it.
Aug 24, 2015, 09:26 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhooks6
Samba was much easier for me then getting my usbasp working with avrdude and associated drivers when I was just flashing a factory board lol???
Thanks for saying that!

If bootloader was preloaded, you gonna like it more.
Anyway, you don't have to use Samba again unless some go bad during firmware uploading.. such as power off... so on.
Last edited by flygear; Aug 24, 2015 at 09:45 AM.
Aug 24, 2015, 09:31 AM
JK, another question. I suppose you are using ersky9x? Can you talk to the board using eepskye?
Aug 24, 2015, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flygear
Thanks for saying that!

If bootloader was preloaded, you gonna like it more.
Anyway, you don't have to use Samba again unless some go back during firmware uploading.. such as power off... so on.

I'm guessing a lot of people will buy this because they want plug and play with no hassle and a booloader is a good idea.

I like learning new things so I enjoy the extra step for myself
Aug 24, 2015, 09:39 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhsa
JK, another question. I suppose you are using ersky9x? Can you talk to the board using eepskye?
Yes.

have TX off before start.

1. connect usb cable
2. Turn on TX
3. one Driver is mounted on PC (if SDcard is in TX, two drives mounted. it takes up to 10 secs depends on speed,size of sdcard)

4. let eepskype read memory from TX.
That's it.

of course Sam-ba option has to be off.
Last edited by flygear; Aug 24, 2015 at 09:48 AM.
Aug 24, 2015, 09:41 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhooks6
I'm guessing a lot of people will buy this because they want plug and play with no hassle and a booloader is a good idea.

I like learning new things so I enjoy the extra step for myself
Great.
Did I mention that you may be the first one to receive next board?
Aug 24, 2015, 09:48 AM
Closed Account
I've reflashed it 20 times...and erased it 20 times. I did get the bad epprom warning once for ERSKY 217 but as soon as I hit any key, menu or exit...forget which, the screen went blank and it did not format the epprom. I was only able to get the connecting screen with the drives coming up after it went blank.

I have opentx on it again but am not able to access the board via USB.

I did notice other options for that execute button. The options I'm curious about are the "enable flash access" and "erase all flash". Would these have any detrimental effects on the board/chip?

Like Joćo said, I'm no stranger to flashing chips and samba is very straight forward but this has me perplexed and frustrated at this point.

Edit: This is interesting, I had a hunch the bad epprom came up after I went from opentx, erasing it and putting ERSKY 217 on it. Sure enough I just tested this and did get bad epprom. Same results though, screen goes blank when I hit any key...lol
Last edited by reacher10; Aug 24, 2015 at 09:55 AM.
Aug 24, 2015, 10:04 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by reacher10
I've reflashed it 20 times...and erased it 20 times. I did get the bad epprom warning once for ERSKY 217 but as soon as I hit any key, menu or exit...forget which, the screen went blank and it did not format the epprom. I was only able to get the connecting screen with the drives coming up after it went blank.

I have opentx on it again but am not able to access the board via USB.
Black screen! LCD contract went up to maximum.
Your board is very fine, don't use samba anymore.

It's kinda data value corruption when switch firmwares between ersky9x and opentx.
I see this black screen very often.

Here is simply steps to bring contrast back to normal. (These steps only works when ersky9x sw is on TX)
start look at blck screen
1. Press EXIT key 5 times even more fine.
2. Press LEFT key button for long (to enter Radio Setup mode)
3. Press OK key for once.
4. Press left and Right key many times till LCD screen gets clear.

with OpenTX, try to read model data?
Please fallow these steps, take sdcard out of TX for quicker process if it's in.
1. turn off TX
2. connect USB to PC
3. turn On TX
4. you should see bootloader V1.5 on LCD
5. see if drive is mounted on PC
6. if no drive is mounted, please give it a time around 5secs.
6. is it mounted? then use companion.
That's it

----------- edit ---------------------
4. Press left and Right key many times till LCD screen gets clear.
you will see contract changes with left or right keys.
Last edited by flygear; Aug 24, 2015 at 10:11 AM.

Quick Reply