Aug 09, 2015, 12:24 AM
Thread OP
Build Log

Parkzone ultra micro T-28 Trojan FPV with OSD

Hi there, I like very much Parkzone ultra micro panes , I ve started my first FPV ever with Su-26 simple FPV setup (TX + cam + lipo) last year , then i decided to make my own OSD for this plane and switch to T-28 which is heavier but more durable and flies very well. In fact now I have two T-28 FPV platforms RTF which differ a bit and both are under continous development.

First T-28-1 I started with FPV + OSD + flaperons mod, which was quite good, but shows some weakneses. GPS and TX seems too close engine which cause some problems, and flaperons seem somehow expendable. Then i decide to build another plane for more tests.

Second T-28-2 was with FPV + OSD only , but i decide to put OSD board behind receiver board, and move receiver board a bit forward to keep somehow CG. It is very new plane but has first flights passed with good result and only minor faults.

First T-28-1 with flaperons weights 45g AUW (on the right) .
Second T-28-2 weights 44g AUW (on the left).
Last edited by cugi; Aug 09, 2015 at 12:51 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 09, 2015, 01:02 AM
Thread OP
And here is T-28-1 movie from one of the last test flights
FPV OSD test flight with Parkzone ultra micro T-28 Trojan (4 min 23 sec)
Mar 12, 2017, 06:39 AM
Thread OP

Update

New video uploaded after a season of flights and stuff : ))

Ultra Micro FPV Plane - CV landing - Long Range (7 min 8 sec)
Apr 02, 2017, 07:55 PM
What FPV (TX + cam + lipo) are you using?
What range does this configuration have?
Apr 05, 2017, 02:26 PM
Thread OP
TX module used was TX5813.
LiPo was 60mAh nanotech from HK.
Cheap 1g camera from ebay, the same version with mic, it weights some 1.5g

On the video this is the and only flight I tried and made to 1500m. Days before I had first few flights 700-950m , so this time I tried to attack 1000m.. but during flight i said 1000m was so easy - what the hell lets go further - and it just get 1500m After that I never try LR flights so far. The main problem for me was power supply from 60mah lipo. Video cut-off 250m before base when I was returning. I spent too many time on the ground before start ( about a minute ) . But from video quality I estimate there is still a lot of range to get from this setup .

Quick Reply