This thread is privately moderated by dmrcflyr2, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 07, 2015, 07:26 PM
Cat Man
Thread OP
Build Log

Fred Reese Cloud Dancer RCM Plan 1146: Post 3

Last night I drilled the wing dowel holes and glued the dowels in place. I also began the fitment of the fuel tank. Additionally, I bent the landing gear using my trusty old K&S wire bender. Tonight I have mounted the wing onto the fuselage and drilled/tapped for the wing hold down bolts. I also installed the elevator and rudder servos. That is about all I'll be doing tonight as I got a later start than normal. I had to reassemble the Saito 30 I was rebuilding and the last part I had ordered arrived today.

Anyway I also did the first full mock up of all parts for some naked wood pictures.

The stringers running from the cockpit to the nose are not glued in place yet. I am holding off until I complete the tank installation and plumbing. I am not making a magnetic or removable hatch to access the tank. I will be able to pull it out if necessary from inside the fuse, but I am sticking to the original design as much as possible.

There are plenty of odds and ends now to do. Sanding, installing the fiberglass cloth, control horn installation, hinging, and of course COVERING.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply