Will work for heli's
wouldn't hold my breath, looks like they haven't updated anything in 3 years
to remove ads between posts
Dec 13, 2019, 04:06 PM
Northampton UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogwoodtheone
wouldn't hold my breath, looks like they haven't updated anything in 3 years
Na your right still haven't had reply back, I've now fitted the Spektrum spm4648.
Dec 25, 2019, 03:54 PM
Hi Jim, I just picked up an MR25 and have struggled for hours now to get a dsm sat to bind. Do you have any tips or trick? I got a dsm2 sat to bind twice and function, then when I unplugged it and mounted it the quad stopped recognizing it and it wont re bind. I have never gotten a dsmx sat to work. I have read through the thread and seen others with issues on early firmware, so I updated mine to v2 but no change. Quads lights just flash, thinking I got one with bad board.
Dec 25, 2019, 05:42 PM
Will work for heli's
Merry Christmas!
Dec 25, 2019, 05:55 PM
Northampton UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Car6on14
Hi Jim, I just picked up an MR25 and have struggled for hours now to get a dsm sat to bind. Do you have any tips or trick? I got a dsm2 sat to bind twice and function, then when I unplugged it and mounted it the quad stopped recognizing it and it wont re bind. I have never gotten a dsmx sat to work. I have read through the thread and seen others with issues on early firmware, so I updated mine to v2 but no change. Quads lights just flash, thinking I got one with bad board.
Watch this video
DSM2 satellite binding with MR25 (1 min 50 sec)
on Binding DSM2 any problem let us know.
Dec 26, 2019, 03:07 PM
ya, ive watched that and others, no luck. It rarely goes into bind mode with DSM2 and never with DSMX , and when I get it bound to the quad does not recognize its bound. EG, orange light is solid, but no response to controls.
Dec 26, 2019, 04:19 PM
Northampton UK
Quote:
ya, ive watched that and others, no luck. It rarely goes into bind mode with DSM2 and never with DSMX , and when I get it bound to the quad does not recognize its bound. EG, orange light is solid, but no response to controls.
If you have a solid light on the Sat and fast flashing LED's on the quad then I think you have a setup issue between your TX and MR25, which TX are you using.
Dec 26, 2019, 08:22 PM
Merry Christmas all!

Car6on14 - I use a DSMX sat and have never had a problem. I also use firmware v2 and app version 2.0

Could be a device problem. When binding, ,make sure you have some distance between the quad and the radio. Too close could cause it not to bind.

I've used this and the video below.

MR25X - Spektrum DSMX Binding Process (2 min 24 sec)
Last edited by Tony E; Dec 26, 2019 at 08:30 PM.
Dec 27, 2019, 02:25 PM
thanks for the advice, but ya ive tried that also, it did help for dsm2 but still not recognized by the quad when it rarely even goes into bind mode, this was an ebay purchase and Im wondering if it refurb, it looked new but I think its an issue with the board so im sending it back... I mainly wanted to have a quad with stabilized camera setup, it seems nice but otherwise this quad is similar the my old 250, may just have to try and do a future build with this feature myself. Also, TX is a DX9
Last edited by Car6on14; Dec 31, 2019 at 12:50 AM.
Dec 28, 2019, 09:40 AM
Northampton UK
Quote:
thanks for the advice, but ya ive tried that also, it did help for dsm2 but still not recognized by the quad when it rarely even goes into bind mode, this was an ebay purchase and Im wondering if it refurb, it looked new but I think its an issue with the board so im sending it back... I mainly wanted to have a quad with stabilized camera setup, it seems nice but otherwise this quad is similar the my old 250, may just have to try and do a future build with this feature myself
The better ones are the MR25X or XP older ones had there issues
Dec 29, 2019, 07:41 PM
Will work for heli's
odd thing happened, it's snowing, so of course that means it's time to fly
get her setup, take off OK and then the video feed freezes! I know I'm moving forward but my screen isn't updating!, drop her down quickly before I hit a tree or something.
power cycle her and try again, works fine.
Dec 30, 2019, 04:30 AM
Northampton UK
Quote:
odd thing happened, it's snowing, so of course that means it's time to fly
get her setup, take off OK and then the video feed freezes! I know I'm moving forward but my screen isn't updating!, drop her down quickly before I hit a tree or something.
power cycle her and try again, works fine.
Has your camera got the ribbon if so the copper strands are prone to cracking giving you intermittent freezes, because my cameras on gimbal had to replace several times now.
Dec 30, 2019, 01:03 PM
Will work for heli's
thanks Jim, I'll take a look at it when I put in the LC filter
Dec 30, 2019, 05:35 PM
Northampton UK
Quote:
thanks Jim, I'll take a look at it when I put in the LC filter
LC filter makes does make a difference fitted mine many months ago now and still not interference issues.
Dec 31, 2019, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tourerjim
LC filter makes does make a difference fitted mine many months ago now and still not interference issues.
LC Filter? Missed that one, where to buy one Jim?

Happy New Year to you all when it happens

Quick Reply