Mar 25, 2017, 06:22 AM
Hi Ian-

I have the new mount too but haven't tried to install it yet. I think the dampening mounts and silicon o-rings/spacers are for the MR25X with the fixed tilt camera (no gimbal). I like what you did to adapt the o-rings and may help with the visible canopy problem.

I have shot mount M425037XXT. This looks like the fixed mount. There also appears to be a new gimbal mount as well (M425013AXW). not sure if the new gimbal mount will accept the anti-vibration parts. There's not any information in the manual or on the Align website.

Tony

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanWard
Hi folks - I got the anti-vibration damper for the lens - then got myself well and truly baffled - where do all the parts fit? I haven't found yet anything that shows where things go - padded feet are pretty obvious - as I assume are the small dampers which fit between the lens board and the holder - but no idea where the large dampers fit.., has anyone figured this out yet?

Just seen a shot mount that seems to have bigger holes - I'm wondering if the bigger dampers are only compatible with the new shot mount?

Best regards Ian
Last edited by Tony E; Mar 25, 2017 at 06:40 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 25, 2017, 07:08 AM
Quote:
Hopefully this will also lose the canopy being visible in videos as it moves the lens forward a couple of mm
Great to see both you Ian and Tony,hope all is well with both of you,that is correct for those small rubbers no idea about other ones,Marty.
Mar 25, 2017, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Hopefully this will also lose the canopy being visible in videos as it moves the lens forward a couple of mm
Same here Ian, part of the canopy always shows in the video also get a wavy effect in the videos, be interested to know how ya get on.
Mar 25, 2017, 02:10 PM
Hi Jim - you can still see the edges of the canopy unfortunately - not quite forward enough...
Mar 25, 2017, 03:47 PM
Hi Marty and Jim-

Good to see you both on the forum! Hope all has been good with you all. Spring is finally springing here so I hope to get some flights on the MR25P. You guys are probably experts by now .

Ian- Too bad installing those parts didn't help.
Mar 26, 2017, 01:37 AM
Quote:
Hi Jim - you can still see the edges of the canopy unfortunately - not quite forward enough...
Hi Ian any thoughts to what your going to do next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony E
Hi Marty and Jim-

Good to see you both on the forum! Hope all has been good with you all. Spring is finally springing here so I hope to get some flights on the MR25P. You guys are probably experts by now .

Ian- Too bad installing those parts didn't help.
Hi Tony, me quad was shelved for several weeks whilst i got my 600 nitro tuned & run-in so hopefully now all sorted, im now charging the quad batteries ready to take her out today.

Help...! if anyone has worked it out.
I know you have to manually press the button to switch between camera/video but has anyone work out how you take pictures, if i use the same switch functions as video recording the same happens for picture' it just records as video
Mar 26, 2017, 03:46 AM
Hi Jim, I think the next step will be to mod the canopy (trusty Dremmel) just enough to get rid of the out edges - not too bad as not visible when flying FPV but doesn't look too good when you watch the video feed back off the memory card.

In terms of taking photos, you just need to set the app to camera choose what resolution you want then when you hit the switch on your remote it takes a photo rather than stop/start the video recording. It does work as we were messing about with this feature last week at the club, mind it does take a few seconds to save the image and it was done whilst on the bench - so not sure how good they are in flight...

Regards Ian
Mar 27, 2017, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Hi Jim, I think the next step will be to mod the canopy (trusty Dremmel) just enough to get rid of the out edges - not too bad as not visible when flying FPV but doesn't look too good when you watch the video feed back off the memory card.
Same here not noticed with goggles on, watch video recording & I can see part of the canopy & at times a shadow of the canopy.

Quote:
In terms of taking photos, you just need to set the app to camera choose what resolution you want then when you hit the switch on your remote it takes a photo rather than stop/start the video recording. It does work as we were messing about with this feature last week at the club, mind it does take a few seconds to save the image and it was done whilst on the bench - so not sure how good they are in flight...

Regards Ian
Didn't see your post before i went flying yesterday Ian so ill take a look one night in the week.
Mar 27, 2017, 08:17 PM
are you guys using 120 degree shot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tourerjim
Same here not noticed with goggles on, watch video recording & I can see part of the canopy & at times a shadow of the canopy.

Didn't see your post before i went flying yesterday Ian so ill take a look one night in the week.
Mar 28, 2017, 01:11 AM
Hi Tony - yes have been using the 120 degree shot for a while now - I found such a big differencefrom the 90 degree one - which for me seemed too zoomed in, this feels much more natural and can gauge perspective much better - Ian
Mar 28, 2017, 04:35 AM
Quote:
Hi Tony - yes have been using the 120 degree shot for a while now - I found such a big differencefrom the 90 degree one - which for me seemed too zoomed in, this feels much more natural and can gauge perspective much better - Ian
Yep Ian's flying is getting much better.

IMG 1535Align MR25 fpv circuits T2000 (1 min 42 sec)
Mar 28, 2017, 08:33 AM
Thanks. I may re-install 120 shot and give it another try.

Nice flying in the video!
Mar 28, 2017, 01:38 PM
Haha Mole I forgot you filmed that...
Mar 28, 2017, 02:35 PM
nice Ian people keeping tab's on you,lol
Mar 28, 2017, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Haha Mole I forgot you filmed that...
I'll have to find the one with you flying in the dark

Quick Reply