Aug 05, 2015, 07:05 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Husban HD107D X4 FPV + X4 H107C 2MP Camera Module

Hello all, this is my first post here but I figured I'd wait until I had something worthwhile to ask

I need some advice: I've done a couple of searches but to be honest I've probably confused myself a bit more than help myself as I've lost track of all the variants of this model that there are and stuff, and the thread for this quad is very long.

I'm looking to remove the low quality 0.3MP unit that ships with the X4 FPV, and replace it with the 2MP camera module from another Hubsan X4 configuration.

I am however very new to electronics, I imagine though that it's just a case of screw and plugs with a camera module right? Surely no soldering involved? I worry about compatibility really. With the Quad, with the trasmitter (controller?). I'm also new to terminology. It's all a bit confusing.

I don't actually have either device yet, I've just ordered them both based on late night googling.

Many thanks,

Giusep
Last edited by Giusep; Aug 05, 2015 at 07:10 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 05, 2015, 10:49 PM
ultra cheap pilot
Go to Multimotor forum section here: https://www.rcgroups.com/mini-multirotors-800/
Bunch of those hubsan guys in there can help you out.
Aug 06, 2015, 12:03 AM
Thread OP
Thank you
Aug 06, 2015, 06:14 AM
There is solder involved to perform that mod. Also you will loose your FPV, unless you include another vTX on it... which involve more soldering job.
Aug 07, 2015, 06:53 AM
Thread OP
thank you for the information marbelo!

- so i need two vTX for FPV?
- what is a vTX (video transmitter?) and why do I now need two for FPV?

Im sure i can handle a little bit of soldering (i'll do some simpler experiments first on cheaper stuff lol)
Aug 07, 2015, 07:08 AM
- No, you need only one video transmitter. The problem is that you can't use the original vTX that came with the D model together with the HD camera of C model. The camera / vTX of D model are integrated. If you want HD recording you need to take out the original camera/vtx and replace for the C camera module + other vTX.

- vTX is the board that take the analog video signal from your camera and convert to a radio signal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giusep
thank you for the information marbelo!

- so i need two vTX for FPV?
- what is a vTX (video transmitter?) and why do I now need two for FPV?

Im sure i can handle a little bit of soldering (i'll do some simpler experiments first on cheaper stuff lol)

Quick Reply