Aug 05, 2015, 08:02 AM
Thread OP
New Product

Official Phantom 3 STANDARD ***Owners Thread***

Safe, easy, and fun to fly, the Phantom 3 Standard makes it possible for everyone to reach for the sky.

With an intuitive flight system, built-in camera, live HD view, and more, the Phantom 3 Standard gives you everything you need to fly.

AUTOMATIC FLIGHT ASSISTANT

Your Phantom 3 Standard stays stable and under your control at all times during flight. It automatically hovers and responds to your commands instantly.

YOUR FLYING CAMERA

Record moments that you want to remember forever, and share those moments in an unforgettable way. The Phantom 3 Standardís built-in camera captures sharp, vivid 2.7K HD video and 12 megapixel photos and has a built-in 3-axis stabilization gimbal.

A VIEW FROM ABOVE

See exactly what your camera sees with a live HD video feed right on your mobile device. Frame your shots, watch the world below, and see everything from a new perspective.

INTUITIVE, POWERFUL FLIGHT

Enjoy the thrill of flight as you speed through the air. Powerful, responsive motors send your Phantom soaring exactly on the path you want. Stop in place, speed up, or fly higher in an instant.

ULTIMATE CONTROL

Built specifically for the Phantom 3 Standard, this remote gives you full control of your aircraft and camera movement, a built-in rechargeable battery, and a range extender for up to a 0.5 miles (1km) range, making flying easy and fun.

UNIQUE MOBILE APP

Snap photos and record videos at a tap with a mobile app that turns your device into a camera controller, flight cockpit, and more. The DJI GO app makes you feel as though the camera is right in your hands.

MORE FLYING, MORE FUN

Fly for up to 25 minutes on a single charge. The patented DJI Intelligent Flight Battery continuously tells you exactly how long you can continue flying and alerts you when itís time to head back.

LEARN MORE
to remove ads between posts
Aug 05, 2015, 08:04 AM
Thread OP
On my fist flight with his craft I was able to get just under 1km. This is in optimal conditions but still pretty solid for stock wifi.
Aug 05, 2015, 08:05 AM
Quad crashing expert
$200 less than the Advanced? And the only real difference I can see is that it's a 1/2 mile distance instead of the 1.2 mile distance for the advanced, is that right?
Aug 05, 2015, 08:08 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavix
$200 less than the Advanced? And the only real difference I can see is that it's a 1/2 mile distance instead of the 1.2 mile distance for the advanced, is that right?
Completely different camera unit as well.
Aug 05, 2015, 08:16 AM
None
Damn, awesome deal on this quad.
Aug 05, 2015, 08:20 AM
Quad crashing expert
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade strike
Completely different camera unit as well.
Man, I've been drooling over myself thinking about getting a Phantom 3 Advanced. I may have to bite the bullet. Can you tell me if the new features such as circling and follow me will be available on Advanced as well?
Aug 05, 2015, 08:23 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavix
Man, I've been drooling over myself thinking about getting a Phantom 3 Advanced. I may have to bite the bullet. Can you tell me if the new features such as circling and follow me will be available on Advanced as well?
Yes they will all use the same app.
Aug 05, 2015, 08:43 AM
No vps, lightbridge, old controller, less distance, 5.8/WiFi
Aug 05, 2015, 08:57 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30secs
No vps, lightbridge, old controller, less distance, 5.8/WiFi
Correct but still a pretty good deal for entry level
Aug 05, 2015, 08:59 AM
Yup... and to think in two years they'll be under $500 new. Even better deal.

Now everyone and their brother and mother will have one.
Aug 05, 2015, 09:11 AM
Not the same app. DJI GO is the app for this one. iOS only right now.
Aug 05, 2015, 09:13 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbock
Not the same app. DJI GO is the app for this one. iOS only right now.
DJI GO will be the app for all devices. It will connect to Wifi or Lightbridge devices.
Aug 05, 2015, 09:21 AM
I think this is a really smart release for DJI - something marketed as simple to use will be very appealing to newbies, particularly when it's cheaper than the competition. Can't wait to see the video quality!
Aug 05, 2015, 09:40 AM
wps
wps
Will the mobile device holder expand to accommodate a full size Ipad or a mini? I've only seen images with a phone size device.
Aug 05, 2015, 09:41 AM
Can you use it with DJI pilot to use Android? If not, I think I would stress that you need to have an iOS device to use this.

Quick Reply