NEAT events under the JCSF Big Top - RC Groups
Aug 04, 2015, 04:18 PM
Cool

NEAT events under the JCSF Big Top

Hey guys!

In the spirit of keeping the fun coming during NEAT Week, and splitting up the entertainment across the various clubs at the show, the Jersey Coast Sport Fliers (JCSF) will again be hosting cool stuff at our Big Top down in the camping area. Here's a view of things to check out...

> Wednesday afternoon - UMX Radian fun fly 2pm
It seems everyone bought one of these puppies last year - it's amazing how much fun you can have with a single-cell powered glider! We'll he hosting UMX Radian pylon racing and a climb and glide contest. Bring a bunch of Chiclet batteries and your favorite chair!
> Thursday night 8pm - Vapor Games!
We'll again be hosting games of skill under the Big Top on Thursday night. Bring your Vapor, Ember, or similarly sized indoor flyer for a series of cool contests, complete with music and bubbles Hitec/Multiplex has again donated prizes which will be raffled off to pilots in the contest. You do not need to win the competition to get an extremely cool prize, but you need to participate to win
I'll be posting more info about events at the JCSF tent as things get closer, but this should only give you more incentive to get to NEAT good and early this year. Keep your eyes open for more fun and festivities at the BCSF tent as well!!!

Rob
Last edited by stangrob; Sep 03, 2015 at 10:19 AM. Reason: Added time for Radian fun fly
to remove ads between posts
Aug 05, 2015, 12:09 PM
To Infinity and Beyond
Hey Rob,
When did it become Neat Week? Will the Discovery Channel be hosting?
-Gino
Aug 05, 2015, 12:33 PM
AMA 1242
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVJOCKEY
Hey Rob,
-Gino
Mite as well go for 2 weeks. Harold
Aug 05, 2015, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Hey Rob,
-Gino
Pretty much when we started showing up on Mondays

We'll be coming in Sunday this year. You'd be surprised how many guys are already there the weekend before. It's worth coming up early as the flying is great and you get to ease into the main event as Friday comes up. I heartily recommend it!

Rob
Aug 05, 2015, 01:30 PM
Quote:
We'll be coming in Sunday this year.
Ditto for the four of us -- it's not only great flying, but Josie loves the chance to stretch her legs!

Bill
Aug 05, 2015, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyhank
Mite as well go for 2 weeks. Harold
For some of us it's the Rhinebeck - NEAT Camping & Flying Extravaganza!!!
10 Glorious days.
Aug 05, 2015, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrictony
For some of us it's the Rhinebeck - NEAT Camping & Flying Extravaganza!!!
10 Glorious days.
Hey Tony!

We'll have the tent ready for you when you roll in Monday morning

Rob
Aug 05, 2015, 04:48 PM
To Infinity and Beyond
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangrob
Pretty much when we started showing up on Mondays

We'll be coming in Sunday this year. You'd be surprised how many guys are already there the weekend before. It's worth coming up early as the flying is great and you get to ease into the main event as Friday comes up. I heartily recommend it!

Rob
I started coming up in April. I'm a seasonal . I will be there Friday night. You guys should stop by the Man Cave. Second camper south of the cabin.
Aug 05, 2015, 05:01 PM
Quote:
I started coming up in April. I'm a seasonal . I will be there Friday night. You guys should stop by the Man Cave. Second camper south of the cabin.
We'll be sure to stop by. We should have movies going in the tent starting on Monday so feel free to stop by

Rob
Aug 05, 2015, 10:03 PM

sooooo

Quote:
Hey Rob,
-Gino
I am guessing they bought us a keg? And sent along an advance screening of shark ado 4 Oh hell No!
Aug 05, 2015, 11:33 PM
How high will it go?
Can't wait for the fun!
Latest blog entry: FAA registration
Aug 07, 2015, 12:51 PM
Look forward to seeing all the crew! Be there Saturday !
Aug 07, 2015, 01:18 PM
Still not sure if we are coming down Sunday or Monday... Last year we were there Wednesday night / Thursday Morning and I knew right then we were going to make it a week long thing from then on...
Aug 10, 2015, 01:37 PM
Gator's here to see you:)
Driving in from florida so is there Camping onsite? Or where? Really inconvienient t pack up camp to get back to an rc event each day.
Aug 10, 2015, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gator
Driving in from florida so is there Camping onsite? Or where? Really inconvienient t pack up camp to get back to an rc event each day.
That's one of the best things about NEAT - you camp onsite and get to fly 24x7 (or at least when you're awake).

If you're tent camping then many guys camp behind their easy-up on the flight line. If you're bringing an RV then you'd be camping in the main camping area, which is a relatively short walk from the flight line.

You definitely want to stay on site as the night flying and related activities at NEAT are awesome.

When are you planning to arrive?

Rob