Aug 04, 2015, 08:03 AM
Thread OP
Help!

Best small scale 1:12-1:18 RC brushless Li-Po buggy? Recommend me please :)

Hey!

I am looking for 1:12 to 1:18 RC brushless buggy Li-Po powered.

So far I have only found this:
https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...adio_RTR_.html

Can you recommend me some more?

Thanks a lot
to remove ads between posts
Aug 04, 2015, 08:15 AM
For that scale range, I'd recomend the Tacon Soar (aka Lc Racing EMB). There is a thread on here that might be helpful for you to read.
Aug 04, 2015, 08:26 AM
User Registered
Another 1/18 option?...http://www.dromida.com/surface/index.html
Aug 04, 2015, 08:27 AM
^^^ NO I had very little luck with the dromida.
Aug 04, 2015, 08:31 AM
User Registered
1/12 scale buggy option...http://helion-rc.com/impakt12B/
Aug 04, 2015, 08:55 AM
Suspended Account
my personal fav.

Losi half 8th or mini 1/8

IRC Photon

LC racing mini..They have a facebook page . with links n vids.
Aug 04, 2015, 09:01 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterhoward23
For that scale range, I'd recomend the Tacon Soar (aka Lc Racing EMB). There is a thread on here that might be helpful for you to read.
I second that. Probably the best value for money option. There are cheaper cars, but these need some tinkering to become more reliable. The LC Racing aka Tacon Soar and "siblings" perform well out off the box, and are very reliable. Just make sure you get the brushless version, the brushed version has been downgraded, and it will cost quite a bit to later get it up to same spec as the brushless version.
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Aug 04, 2015, 09:04 AM
User Registered
As I normally tell people...do your homework. Look at the reviews and try to sort out the ones that just plain destroy a RC vehicle on purpose and the "sugar-coating" based reviews that give 5 stars on everything.

Sure the Dromidas aren't the most powerful "minis" but of all the reviews I seen, they have said how tough they were.

Before my latest RC purchase...I did 6 months or searching/reviewing/reading/watching/researching anything, and everything about each RC that fell into my "parameters" of what I wanted, or thought I wanted in my next RC. The length of time it took to make up my mind might seem excessive to some, but I had my other RCs to keep my happy as I searched for that next platform to fuel my addiction.
Aug 04, 2015, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyUs
As I normally tell people...do your homework. Look at the reviews and try to sort out the ones that just plain destroy a RC vehicle on purpose and the "sugar-coating" based reviews that give 5 stars on everything.

Sure the Dromidas aren't the most powerful "minis" but of all the reviews I seen, they have said how tough they were.

Before my latest RC purchase...I did 6 months or searching/reviewing/reading/watching/researching anything, and everything about each RC that fell into my "parameters" of what I wanted, or thought I wanted in my next RC. The length of time it took to make up my mind might seem excessive to some, but I had my other RCs to keep my happy as I searched for that next platform to fuel my addiction.
The dromida are tough, but the whole drive train sucks in them. I replaced more spur/pinion and differential gears in a month than I've replaced in a life time
Aug 05, 2015, 09:09 AM
Did I make the A Main?
where do you plan to drive this car?

If possible I'd like for you to consider 1/10 Buggy which isn't that much larger than the Tacon Soar... you'll get far better performance with a 540 size motor and will have far better tire selection with standard 1/10 Buggy tires.

There's a current glut in the market for the HobbyKing BZ-444, I'd take a closer look at the reviews for that car

Quick Reply