Dec 10, 2015, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EArHog
Beam spread (if that's the term) for this patch antenna is about 45 degrees each way off-axis ( 90 degrees total). So I was wondering if two of these antenna angled apart 90 degrees would give me a strong 180 degree field.
I am using the same 8db patches on my duo and it works pretty good, I have them back to back and the video gets a little fuzzy when I fly past the gap on the sides but not bad because I am at speed when I go through that zone. But all in all it works good at my park where I set up in the middle and fly all around my self
to remove ads between posts
Dec 10, 2015, 03:54 PM
Extreme Superlative Hyper-Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by PProvost
Nope. I get battery monitoring in the OSD via cleanflight. Only have the connections shown above.
Then a voltage has to be changing somewhere, maybe at the grounds at the boards due to return current.

I'd suggest powering the OSD with the VTX 5V output since they're on the same ground reference. Just connect the TX data pin from the Tornado.
Dec 10, 2015, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by InFocus
False. Airmode even in the early testing never caused a symptom of uncontrollable flipping. And with 2.1.5-rc6 even the odd interactions while on the ground are tamed.

So let's figure out the real problem.
-what mode are you flying in?
-what are your roll and pitch rates, rc rate, rc expo in cleanflight , and rate and expo setting in your transmitter like.
-what motors, which escs, which firmware version on the escs

To me it sounds like a motor sync issue, but don't want to rule out a configuration or pilot action that may be contributing.
My theory is that people have minthrottle set too low and one of the motors simply stops.
Dec 10, 2015, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strepto42
My theory is that people have minthrottle set too low and one of the motors simply stops.
Is 1150 too low or too high?

Mid is 1500 and max is 1850
Dec 10, 2015, 05:54 PM
Hey! Whats the ETA on the 2mm bottom plate for the 5"? Would love to order one together with a tornado before they run out of stock :s
Dec 10, 2015, 06:44 PM
.....and that's why I crashed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emillande
Hey! Whats the ETA on the 2mm bottom plate for the 5"? Would love to order one together with a tornado before they run out of stock :s
Ditto!

I'm also curious about the weight penalty for the 2 mm plate versus the 1.5 mm
Dec 10, 2015, 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by planedoctor
Anyone looking for awesome HD mounts for the Alien should check out these. Tough as nails and well thought out design.
http://atmosphericadventures.com/3d-...-and-protector
They have Hero mounts also. There is a video on their site showing two guys playing tug a war with this mount. It's pretty entertaining.

This is my ride with one.
Looks like just what I wanted!... but their shipping prices are out of this world. USPS Priority is the cheapest option at $17! That's more than the mount, lol. It's a bummer they haven't heard of USPS flat-rate boxes for $5.95...
Dec 10, 2015, 06:53 PM
What you do is first calibrate your esc. Then goto motor tab and individually test each motor. Make sure you remove props. Bring the motor slider up until the motor spins without cogging. Find the number that works with all 4 motors. Should be about the same. Then set that as your minthrottle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrari904

Dec 10, 2015, 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto Moto
Then a voltage has to be changing somewhere, maybe at the grounds at the boards due to return current.

I'd suggest powering the OSD with the VTX 5V output since they're on the same ground reference. Just connect the TX data pin from the Tornado.
The OSD is currently getting power and ground through UART3. Are you saying that you think the voltage there is dropping below 5V when I use 4S?

Why wouldn't that occur when I use 3S?

Unfortunately, I don't have access to the 5V coming out of the transmitter (long story), but I did try using the BEC from a spare ESC directly connected to the PDB. No difference. It worked on 3S but not on 4S.

Needless to say, this is driving me nuts!
Dec 10, 2015, 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman215
Gopro tilted camera mount made from TPU

Designed by the Plastic Spider. I have one and it's a very good mount... really tough too.

Tinman

FYI: this is from the UK supplier for Great3D. A litte closer to you mixblast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosestang
How durable is it? looks like it could break at the mouting points pretty easily.

The 4 inch alien is a little special in that the fpv camera protrudes through the top plate for the first 11mm, so the mount would have to curve inward 11mm between the two front mounting points. The distance between the mounting bolts is 26.5mm wide (might be 26), 41mm long center to center. Overall length from the very front of the top plate to the back of the second standoff screws is 47mm, overall width of the top plate is 34mm.

I'd hate to pay $20 and have it not fit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtdiverfpv
Looks like just what I wanted!... but their shipping prices are out of this world. USPS Priority is the cheapest option at $17! That's more than the mount, lol. It's a bummer they haven't heard of USPS flat-rate boxes for $5.95...
Wow, I'm local so never noticed that. I will have a word with the owner. I wouldn't pay that either.
Dec 10, 2015, 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtdiverfpv
Brought some props locally the other day from a online store and only shipping option was express post $9.90 and I live in the same city.
Dec 10, 2015, 07:30 PM
DXL Team Pilot Womp
Quote:

Mmmmm, I think you might be on to something.

I'm having one corner of the quad drop as a fast flip or roll levels. It might be a brief motor stop... I can always recover from it... it's just messy.

If I turn air mode off, the problem disappears.

My rates are usually really high.... like that every flip and roll has the little dip on one corner at the end. If I tame the rates a bit, about half of the flips and rolls do it.

I'm going to try bumping up minthrottle a little to see if it solves it.

This is my post describing what's going on in the betaflight thread

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=10300
Dec 10, 2015, 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrari904

1150 is pretty high i think. I always lower it to 1100 at least and raise max to 1900
Dec 10, 2015, 08:03 PM
Team Armattan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusby
Ditto!

I'm also curious about the weight penalty for the 2 mm plate versus the 1.5 mm
Weigh your 1.5mm plate and divide by three then multiply the result by 4 and you should have the weight of the 2mm plate.

I.E. the 4mm plate will be 33% heavier than the 1.5mm

Thurmond
Dec 10, 2015, 09:09 PM
DXL Team Pilot Womp
Quote:
Nope, wasn't it for me.

I just flew a couple of tests in my lunch break. Bumped up minthrottle from 1100 to 1110 and then 1150.

It still gets pretty wildly out of control at the end of fast rolls. Recoverable though. It is like a motor cut, but if I turn air mode off, the problem disappears.

I'd probably mess with PIDs next, but I've grabbed a log to post to the BF thread.

Quick Reply