Aug 24, 2015, 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcolepticLTD
as for QA, the ones I mentioned above I do truly believe they're all made in the same factory and then shipped to the vendors... what the vendor does for QA and the heatshrink/branding is the only difference.
I always lol when I hear guys cry about how bad their nano-techs are... I flown mine like I stole them and the are still strong (though THB the 1.3Ah 45C did not survive long pulling 80A and crash landing because of voltage drops to "zero" )

my nano-tech KINGs are:

2.2Ah 4S 45-90C
and
1.8Ah 4S 65-130C
to remove ads between posts
Aug 24, 2015, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulianGoesPro
I always lol when I hear guys cry about how bad their nano-techs are... I flown mine like I stole them and the are still strong (though THB the 1.3Ah 45C did not survive long pulling 80A and crash landing because of voltage drops to "zero" )

my nano-tech KINGs are:

2.2Ah 4S 45-90C
and
1.8Ah 4S 65-130C
Yup... the 1800mah are strong like bull
Aug 24, 2015, 08:23 PM
So I've determined that the nano 1.3 45C pack is just about exactly 45C. My craft pulls 61A max and the pack lasts for ~1200ma before the voltage hits 3.4v on punch.

Yes, I agree that pretty much all C ratings are BS. The nano's that are 1800ma and below are excellent. I tested a 2200 and 2650 also. They were no better than the 1800. Not as consistnent amperage, no more flight time. These were tested on a mini hex. The 1800 and below on a quad.
Aug 24, 2015, 08:23 PM
BULLIT Drones
I looked at the race band vTX and Dominator vRX... anyone know if the Dominator vRX will fit on the Teleporter v4?
Aug 24, 2015, 10:37 PM
Warped Squad
Quote:
Originally Posted by seantaylor
Any recommendations for 1300mah (or close to) batteries?

I did see a video with FGA, saying he liked the thunderpower packs, but I cant seem to find any where locally that stocks them.
Hi there. I would not sweat those Thunder Powers. Their glory days of yesteryear are very much over I'm afraid..There are MUCH BETTER batteries out there.

I didn't post my six month run with both the G8 and Magna series batteries in 1300 and 1800 3s capacities, but I can tell you this, I was quite disappointed. In almost every catagory one esteems quality.

I'm not bashing TP, but I pretty much would call them pre-2010 tech now with very much overrated dischage rates and battery character. Severe power droop half way through a pack on an entire dozen batteries speaks for itself. Also a half dozen tech support lengthy discussions of all my issues with their head tech.

My Turnigy Nano-Techs are definately BETTER and 1/3 the price!!!! No brainer there.

We all know battery tech is behind the times, now that everything else has leaped quite largely forward.

I have spoken to the guys at Max Amps and they can now build custom packs at your request. If you are willing to spend $54 on a 1300 4S Thunder Power pack, I would implore you to spend just $6 more and get certifiable HIGH QUALITY Japanese cells in a Max Amps offering. The Japanese in battery tech is what Australians are to the quadcopter world. )

http://www.maxamps.com/proddetail.ph...o-1300-4S-Pack

** Call Max Amps direct and tell them you were referred to by a fellow hobbiest and inquire about a 10% Discount. =))

That would then make them the same price as the now defunked Thunder Power CHINESE CELLED batts. =// Sad to say it really. I used to race indoors with all Thunder Powers. The G6 formula of batteries from 5 years ago were much better in every way than any of their so called newer offerings... Glory can fade if one cuts quality and no one I know in indoor racing uses Thunder Powers anymore. In a nutshell, when a company gambles with cutting quality back and hypes mediocrity along with a substantial price hike, I look elsewhere to be inspired.
Last edited by jg7racer; Aug 25, 2015 at 03:07 AM.
Aug 24, 2015, 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jg7racer
Hi there. I would not sweat those Thunder Powers. The glory days of yesteryear are very much over I'm afraid..There are MUCH BETTER batteries out there.

I didn't post my six month run with both the G8 and Magna series batteries in 1300 and 1800 3s capacities, but I can tell you this, I was quite disappointed. In almost every catagory one esteems quality.

I'm not bashing TP, but I pretty much would call them pre-2010 tech with very much overrated dischage rates. Severe power droop half way through a pack on an entire dozen batteries speaks for itself. Also a half dozen tech support lengthy discussions of all my issues with their head tech.

My Turnigy Nano-Techs are definately BETTER and 1/4 the price!!!! No brainer there.

We all know battery tech is behind the times, now that everything else has leaped quite largely forward.

I have spoken to the guys at Max Amps and they can now build custom packs at your request. If you are willing to spend $54 on a 1300 4S Thunder Power pack, I would implore you to spend just $6 more and get certifiable HIGH QUALITY Japanese cells in a Max Amps offering. The Japanese in battery tech is what Australians are to the quadcopter world. )

That is my next step, without question. =))

http://www.maxamps.com/proddetail.ph...o-1300-4S-Pack

** Call Max Amps direct and tell them you were referred to by a fellow hobbiest and inquire about a 10% Discount.

That would make them the same price as now defunked Thunder Power CHINESE CELLED batts. =//
those are pricey, but if they perform as well as the nano-techs and others or better, the size/weight on them is excellent. The 1800mah only weighs 12 grams more than the lumenier 1300, and is actually SMALLER than the 1300.

Soma get yer boys testing these things Once things settle down for me I may pick up a pack or 2.
Aug 24, 2015, 10:54 PM
Team Warpsquad
$60 a pack, that's a bargain
Aug 24, 2015, 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Aaron
$60 a pack, that's a bargain
still too much car for me
Aug 24, 2015, 11:29 PM
Team Warpsquad
Aaaaaarrrrrrggggggg!!!!!! My fuggen kingdom for decent batteries that you can buy in Australia. Yes the Nanotechs are actually pretty good packs for the money, but that is pretty much ALL WE CAN BUY HERE............. WHEN THEY ARE IN STOCK THAT IS!!!!!!!! Seriously battery people...... Can SOMEONE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS!?!?!?!? Not long ago I spent $560 on 10 Lummenier 18004s packs because there was a hobbystore that actually sold the size I needed. Since then, 5 of the 10 are in the naughty corner due to dead cells and left me feeling like going to red light light district thinking you'll find a quality bargain there... sigh.
Aug 24, 2015, 11:30 PM
Family, Work, FPV!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Final Glide
Aaaaaarrrrrrggggggg!!!!!! My fuggen kingdom for decent batteries that you can buy in Australia. Yes the Nanotechs are actually pretty good packs for the money, but that is pretty much ALL WE CAN BUY HERE!!!!! Seriously battery people...... Can SOMEONE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS!?!?!?!? Not long ago I spent $560 on 10 Lummenier 18004s packs because there was a hobbystore that actually sold the size I needed. Since then, 5 of the 10 are in the naughty corner due to dead cells and left me feeling like going to red light light district thinking you'll find a quality bargain there... sigh.
http://www.nextfpv.com.au/collection...o-battery-pack

Aug 24, 2015, 11:47 PM
Team Warpsquad
I am liking the tattu packs so far
Aug 24, 2015, 11:50 PM
Team WarpSquad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Final Glide
Aaaaaarrrrrrggggggg!!!!!! My fuggen kingdom for decent batteries that you can buy in Australia. Yes the Nanotechs are actually pretty good packs for the money, but that is pretty much ALL WE CAN BUY HERE............. WHEN THEY ARE IN STOCK THAT IS!!!!!!!! Seriously battery people...... Can SOMEONE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS!?!?!?!? Not long ago I spent $560 on 10 Lummenier 18004s packs because there was a hobbystore that actually sold the size I needed. Since then, 5 of the 10 are in the naughty corner due to dead cells and left me feeling like going to red light light district thinking you'll find a quality bargain there... sigh.
How about those new Hyperion 4s HV 1400mAh 80cMax? They can be charged to 4.35v or at the normal 4.2v.

They claim to spend all of 2014 working on the new chemistry for FPV miniquads.

They shared their test results here:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2452732
Aug 25, 2015, 12:08 AM
Team Warpsquad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realms
Yes I know Rob has them but I'm talking about a large battery maker that won't keep running out of stock. It's like we keep having a battery drought here in Aus.
Aug 25, 2015, 12:09 AM
Team Warpsquad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon
How about those new Hyperion 4s HV 1400mAh 80cMax? They can be charged to 4.35v or at the normal 4.2v.

They claim to spend all of 2014 working on the new chemistry for FPV miniquads.

They shared their test results here:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2452732
Interesting. I may have to buy a few for testing.
Aug 25, 2015, 01:12 AM
Family, Work, FPV!
Me personally, I'm, hanging out for Li-Su batteries! 3x denser than Li-Po and able to be fully discharged. Non flammable too. Hopefully we see them in the next few years.

3x longer flights.... yes please!