ImpulseRC - Alien FPV Frames - Page 3 - RC Groups
Aug 04, 2015, 03:07 AM
Warpquad user
Awesome! another thread to keep track of, haha.

Great work guys, exciting stuff!

Looking forward to the new frame and also getting my hands on a new TornadoFC. Time for some fun!

I guess i have time to decide what size of frame i want, ill bet there will be much discussion in that time.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 04, 2015, 03:09 AM
Firmware Fiend
Soma, any ballpark figures for the diagonal MTM measurement of the 5" and 6" frames?
Aug 04, 2015, 04:00 AM
:)
Ah Yes, I meant to put that in the first post...

4" - 185mm - M2M Diagonal
5" - 225mm - M2M Diagonal
6" - 265mm - M2M Diagonal

Cheers!
Aug 04, 2015, 04:02 AM
When are you expecting to open up preorders? My fingers are getting sore from refreshing my email every second of the day..
Aug 04, 2015, 04:09 AM
This seems like a very promising frame

Any info on payload? The 185mm seems like it be brutal fast
Aug 04, 2015, 04:09 AM
You cant argue with physics
Any recommendations on motors for the 4" version?
Aug 04, 2015, 04:17 AM
Just another FPV addicted teen
subscribed...
Aug 04, 2015, 04:20 AM
As a frame manufacturer myself, I have to say I am very impressed with your work, gentlemen.

There is a good handful of ideas and solutions integrated in this design, and in the hands of the right pilot, it proved to be very effective. We don't have the weight yet, but I can tell it's light. Like ridiculously light but perfectly stiff by design. It's brilliant.

This model is a trend setter, if not plainly a game changer.... I'm glad it is already acknowledged that many upcoming designs will be inspired by your work. That's no secret. I think we can expect similar models to surface in the coming months...

Congrats and keep up the fantastic work. It sure keeps some of us attentive...

Best,
Chris
Aug 04, 2015, 04:23 AM
Multirotor Promotor
Soma and Team Warpquad, big congratulations on being in the winners circle.
That is really something!
Looking forward to your 185mm micro.
Aug 04, 2015, 05:30 AM
:)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpvpilotrc
When are you expecting to open up preorders? My fingers are getting sore from refreshing my email every second of the day..
Ha, thanks mate. We're aiming for 2 weeks and hopefully it won't drift beyond that. Everything is on the asap schedule, or preferably yesterday schedule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saijin_Naib
This seems like a very promising frame

Any info on payload? The 185mm seems like it be brutal fast
For instance, the 6" frame was designed to be flyable under the local council 500g limit here in Brisbane, Australia. But Flits has loaded his up to 760 grams or so with a 4S 1800mAh and Xiaomi in its case. His hasn't broken yet, despite his efforts, but they are running beyond spec at that weight.

Like Warpquads, they were designed to be a balance between strength and performance. I wouldn't say they are indestructable because everything has its limits, but they are forgiving of most piloting indiscretions

Quote:
Originally Posted by seantaylor
Any recommendations on motors for the 4" version?
They are designed for 2204 2300KV and I recommend the Cobras. 2204's were used because they have 3mm shafts and bearings and the power required. 1806 are too slight and delicate for craft like this the way they get flown. I have done a considerable amount of testing on prop / motor combos and we will reveal the recommended setup closer to release

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine
As a frame manufacturer myself, I have to say I am very impressed with your work, gentlemen.

There is a good handful of ideas and solutions integrated in this design, and in the hands of the right pilot, it proved to be very effective. We don't have the weight yet, but I can tell it's light. Like ridiculously light but perfectly stiff by design. It's brilliant.

This model is a trend setter, if not plainly a game changer.... I'm glad it is already acknowledged that many upcoming designs will be inspired by your work. That's no secret. I think we can expect similar models to surface in the coming months...

Congrats and keep up the fantastic work. It sure keeps some of us attentive...

Best,
Chris
Thanks very much mate, I greatly appreciate your comments!

That means a lot coming from yourself sir, so a big thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondM
Soma and Team Warpquad, big congratulations on being in the winners circle.
That is really something!
Looking forward to your 185mm micro.
Thanks mate! I never thought of it as a micro, but I s'pose you're right. Its a chunky little number. I look forward to posting pics asap. Still nervously awaiting production prototypes!

Cheers!
Aug 04, 2015, 06:08 AM
I am here, now give us some test Alien Frames

So excited
Aug 04, 2015, 06:23 AM
FPV Addict
Can't wait to get an alien (or two) in my hands for disection

I tried to chase some around the other day and couldn't keep up! I also found out the alien can take some insane hits without damage to the frame...

Close Encounters of the Third Kind (2 min 12 sec)
Aug 04, 2015, 06:34 AM
the people squad
Awesome
Love
It
Exceptionally
Neat
Aug 04, 2015, 06:34 AM
MOVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT
nice soma
Aug 04, 2015, 06:41 AM
Amazing! Subscribed.