ImpulseRC - Alien FPV Frames - Page 2 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Aug 04, 2015, 12:42 AM
Hi Soma,

Are there any further details as FG mentioned in the latest set of you tube videos that mention the capability to install / utilise a servo for camera tilt?

Any consideration to developing a combined PDB and FC?

Thanks

MWS
to remove ads between posts
Aug 04, 2015, 12:59 AM
weniger, aber besser
Looking forward to getting one of these. Looks great Soma! Really liking the compact design of the PDB and the space to solder the XT60 on there. @ moto moto . . . will you be distributing your FC through RMRC and GetFPV as well?
Last edited by austntexan; Aug 04, 2015 at 01:04 AM.
Aug 04, 2015, 01:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by austntexan
Looking forward to getting one of these. Looks great Soma!
Your going to love it mate
Last edited by Flits; Aug 04, 2015 at 01:14 AM.
Aug 04, 2015, 01:05 AM
Team WarpSquad
Are we going to start a new team - Team Alien?
Aug 04, 2015, 01:14 AM
Team WarpSquad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoboss
Are we going to start a new team - Team Alien?
Aliensquad? May it will not be visible anymore, because the text is to long if you are in two Teams, someone has to try that
Aug 04, 2015, 01:23 AM
Team Warpsquad
Booooooom!!!!!!
Aug 04, 2015, 01:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Final Glide
Booooooom!!!!!!
Arrgg who invited you anyway...
Aug 04, 2015, 01:32 AM
Test Pilot
We're all waiting patiently for these two arrive, I can't decide if I'm more excited about the Alien frame or the MotoF3 and tornado flight controllers.
Aug 04, 2015, 01:34 AM
Team WarpSquad
This thread is going to explode from now on. I bet we are at page 10-15 tomorow at this time.
Aug 04, 2015, 02:01 AM
Team WarpSquad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanni1312
Aliensquad? May it will not be visible anymore, because the text is to long if you are in two Teams, someone has to try that
Team AlienWarpSquad

Quote:
Originally Posted by teracis
We're all waiting patiently
Speak for yourself bro
I want the time to speed up.
Aug 04, 2015, 02:11 AM
Team WarpSquad [ L ] Learner
OK I'm in, waits
Aug 04, 2015, 02:19 AM
My current HMB-235 quad is for practice and heavy crashing... will build an Alien 6" for racing.

Soma, thanks for innovating. The cam tilt mechanism looks top notch, the best that I've seen.
Aug 04, 2015, 02:35 AM
Arrrghhh take my money already god dammit!!!
Aug 04, 2015, 02:53 AM
Firmware Fiend
Nicenesssss.
Aug 04, 2015, 02:56 AM
:)
Quote:
Originally Posted by patroller
I am planning on pulling the components off my current FPV racer and putting them on this frame. Would the tiger 2206 motors at 2000 kv be a good motor for this frame? I currently run them on 4s but with only a 5x4 prop.

The Tornado looks awesome, I assume it will have a spot to solder on a spectrum comparable Lemon Sat?
Hi Mate, I think the 2206 2000's are fine on 4S personally, really nice motors.

I'm still flying a V1 Tornado and its been solid as. It definitely has a Speky sat input, that's what I'm using and all AOK mate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by z33
Will there be different frame sizes eventually? (like warpquad)

What is the launch frame size?
We're hoping to have all available at launch but we need to see how it all goes. 4, 5 and 6" props. All arms and Body plates are interchangeable, so you could put 6" arms on a 4" body if you don't mind props in view. You could go the other way too, but probably not much sense in that except for 5" arms on a 6" body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flits
Woot this is awesome

Soma said apparently you warpsquad guy's are a bunch of fine gentleman and he holds you in high regard and i have to behave myself!...

Don't know how that's going to go but you lot are stuck with me now!
Don't listen to this Flits guy He's one of the finest gentlemen I know and don't believe anything he tells you otherwise about himself

Quote:
Originally Posted by markws
Hi Soma,

Are there any further details as FG mentioned in the latest set of you tube videos that mention the capability to install / utilise a servo for camera tilt?

Any consideration to developing a combined PDB and FC?

Thanks

MWS
There is capacity to mount a small servo, we just need to fully test it. We set ours to 35 degrees and haven't looked back. We have tested the mechanism in a very similar situation though and it is working fine so far.

Space is too tight in the middle for a combined PDB and FC. We have used every square millimeter for current carrying capacity

Quote:
Originally Posted by austntexan
Looking forward to getting one of these. Looks great Soma! Really liking the compact design of the PDB and the space to solder the XT60 on there. @ moto moto . . . will you be distributing your FC through RMRC and GetFPV as well?
Thanks very much mate. I appreciate that greatly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpabmendez
My current HMB-235 quad is for practice and heavy crashing... will build an Alien 6" for racing.

Soma, thanks for innovating. The cam tilt mechanism looks top notch, the best that I've seen.
Thanks! I'm very glad to have it working well and be easy to change yet never move in flight. I had all kinds of hack jobs to get the tilt I was looking for in the past!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjohnson
Arrrghhh take my money already god dammit!!!
I can do that at any time mate Its this technicality of providing something of value in return that's taking a while to get organised!