Nov 04, 2018, 03:51 PM
I thought it would be cool to take my alien back in time at least video wise.

Fpv in 1960 on 8 mm film ? (2 min 5 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Nov 08, 2018, 09:57 AM
This video has two different quads (Reverb and Alien), both running 32A KISS ESC's, but one of them is KISS V1 FC and the other is V2. One of them is also a 5in and the other a 6in. Can you tell a difference? Even if you can, they both fly incredible and the weather yesterday was perfect! Enjoy, and please consider subscribing!

Fall | ImpulseRC | KISS (2 min 25 sec)
Nov 08, 2018, 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by overbybr
This video has two different quads (Reverb and Alien), both running 32A KISS ESC's, but one of them is KISS V1 FC and the other is V2. One of them is also a 5in and the other a 6in. Can you tell a difference? Even if you can, they both fly incredible and the weather yesterday was perfect! Enjoy, and please consider subscribing!

https://youtu.be/mRPM_yKq3eM
Very nice video with great flying !!
Subbed 👍🏻👽
Nov 09, 2018, 10:23 AM
Quote:

https://youtu.be/mRPM_yKq3eM
Cool video!!!

I liked the mellow feel of it!
Nov 09, 2018, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrod bath
Very nice video with great flying !!
Subbed 👍🏻👽
Quote:
Originally Posted by th67ss
Cool video!!!

I liked the mellow feel of it!
Thanks y'all!!
Nov 19, 2018, 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impulse RC
Thanks for the encouragement guys

We aren't going to need the full range of extensive testing we would do with a brand new frame, but also we can't just cut it without making sure it's solid first... Hopefully won't be long. Turnaround time should only be about 2 weeks from when we start manufacturing.

Honestly I really love this thing. The proportions of the shorter body, lower standoffs and new K plates/top plate design really just looks how an Alien should look. Can't not fall for it when you see one in real life

Good points with the Lipo pads, we won't get to that immediately but definitely will start looking at some changes there.
We know it's ready when it's ready but... how is the testing coming along ?
Nov 20, 2018, 02:19 PM
Warpsquid
Well it basically is ready, but we have a few different things pretty much ready all at the same time. We've had some tough choices about allocation of funds and which products to push forward first. Sorry to say that the Alien 4" body updates missed out on this production cycle, but will definitely be in the next.

However there is some good news to go along with the bad... You can expect something else shiny and new coming along in the next few weeks instead, with the 4" body updates coming not long after
Nov 20, 2018, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Well it basically is ready, but we have a few different things pretty much ready all at the same time. We've had some tough choices about allocation of funds and which products to push forward first. Sorry to say that the Alien 4" body updates missed out on this production cycle, but will definitely be in the next.

However there is some good news to go along with the bad... You can expect something else shiny and new coming along in the next few weeks instead, with the 4" body updates coming not long after
Is that who so many items out of stock for the frames?)
I'm wait for a new Alien and Reverb PDB/Parts stock
Nov 21, 2018, 08:46 AM
Quote:
My bets are on the 3" alien
Nov 21, 2018, 12:00 PM
Helix rebirth?
Nov 22, 2018, 11:37 AM
Warpsquid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cafu02
Is that who so many items out of stock for the frames?)
I'm wait for a new Alien and Reverb PDB/Parts stock
Not really to be honest, we just caught with our pants down. We were running a little lower on stock than I normally would have liked and then we got hit with multiple large reseller orders in succession. Everything is on order and being manufactured though, normal service will resume shortly

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixblast
My bets are on the 3" alien
You called this many months ago, think you might finally get what you are asking for

Quote:
Helix rebirth?
That is on the cards, but I've been away visiting family in Europe for the last 6 weeks so forward progress slowed down on new projects unfortunately.
Nov 26, 2018, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgio
We know it's ready when it's ready but... how is the testing coming along ?
Quote:
Not really to be honest, we just caught with our pants down. We were running a little lower on stock than I normally would have liked and then we got hit with multiple large reseller orders in succession. Everything is on order and being manufactured though, normal service will resume shortly

You called this many months ago, think you might finally get what you are asking for

That is on the cards, but I've been away visiting family in Europe for the last 6 weeks so forward progress slowed down on new projects unfortunately.
Still waiting on those real life pics of the 4"...
Nov 28, 2018, 04:09 AM

New up/bottom plates and k-plates slots horizontal spacing

Hey guys, quick question, is the spacing between k-plates slightly increased in this latest revision?
I checked placing a mini size cam with brackets and it fits perfectly on the reverb while on the v1 alien forces a bit the k-plates in to a slight bend, was wondering if on the latest revision this had been adjusted.
Thanks!
Nov 28, 2018, 10:48 AM
Quote:
I was wondering what was going on, I'm in need of a top plate for my 5".
Dec 04, 2018, 08:54 AM
Put your headphones on to this one - the bassline is sick!
Flying to a Sick Bassline | KISS | ImpulseRC (2 min 29 sec)

Quick Reply