Thread Tools
Sep 11, 2018, 08:19 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by raumagent
I'm using the Hypetrain 2306 2150KV on my Alien 4.6 and absolutely love them! They are by far the smoothest motors I've ever flown and the build quality is just outstanding. However they "only" give me 3-4 minutes of flight time (mixed freestyle and cruising) with HQ 6x4.5 PC props and a 1300mAh battery. With a 1600mAh battery I get about a minute more.

https://store.rotorriot.com/hypetrai...otor-v1-1-ezo/

If you prefer a lower kV motor, take a look at the HyperLite 2405 1922kV.

http://pirofliprc.com/PyroDrone-Hype...n-_p_4351.html

In terms of FC I did go with the Matek F405-CTR which is a fantastic board IMO and tuning Betaflight 3.5 was an absolute pleasure.

BTW, I also have one of the new Matek GPS modules (SAM-M8Q) on order because I want to get all the GPS goodness in my OSD when flying long range, and as a bonus also use the new GPS Rescue feature just in case something goes wrong (luckily my FC has a barometer on board ).


Hey man
Which esc's are you using?
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Sep 11, 2018, 08:26 AM
Registered User
raumagent's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by cafu02
Hey man
Which esc's are you using?
Wraith32 V2 35A
Sep 11, 2018, 06:09 PM
Registered User

ImpulseRC - Alien FPV Frames


Hello,

Iím using the smoke stopper and the light turns on while the ESCs are talking. But when they stop the light turns off. If I donít use the smoke stopper everything seems to be working. What does this mean?

Hereís the video:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0114vsb4dv..._0489.MOV?dl=0
Last edited by dwaintr; Sep 11, 2018 at 06:21 PM.
Sep 12, 2018, 03:33 AM
Registered User
raumagent's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaintr
Hello,

Iím using the smoke stopper and the light turns on while the ESCs are talking. But when they stop the light turns off. If I donít use the smoke stopper everything seems to be working. What does this mean?

Hereís the video:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0114vsb4dv..._0489.MOV?dl=0
This behavior is normal and caused by the motors drawing a lot of current while making sounds. You can see the same effect by enabling motor buzzer emulation. Nothing to worry about mate.
Sep 12, 2018, 08:28 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by raumagent
This behavior is normal and caused by the motors drawing a lot of current while making sounds. You can see the same effect by enabling motor buzzer emulation. Nothing to worry about mate.
Thank you very much! That's a very good news
Sep 12, 2018, 09:31 AM
Registered User
What you guys think would be the better setup for a 6 inch Mid range on 4s

Frame: Impulse Alien 5.6
FC: Kiss v2 or v1
ESC: Kiss v2 or v1
Steel PDB
Tramp HV vtx
Motors: Lumenier 2206 2000kv
FPV Camera: Runcam Swift V2


Frame: Impulse Alien 5.6
FC: BRAINFPV RADIX / FURIOUS FPV FORTINI F4 / HELIO SPRING IMU-F / ?????
ESC: The Aikon AK32 35A 4-in-1 / WRAITH32 BLHELI_32 35A
BRAINFPV PDB
Tramp HV vtx
Motors: Lumenier 2206 2000kv
FPV Camera: Runcam Swift V2
Sep 12, 2018, 10:43 AM
Registered User
overbybr's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by cafu02
What you guys think would be the better setup for a 6 inch Mid range on 4s

Frame: Impulse Alien 5.6
FC: Kiss v2 or v1
ESC: Kiss v2 or v1
Steel PDB
Tramp HV vtx
Motors: Lumenier 2206 2000kv
FPV Camera: Runcam Swift V2


Frame: Impulse Alien 5.6
FC: BRAINFPV RADIX / FURIOUS FPV FORTINI F4 / HELIO SPRING IMU-F / ?????
ESC: The Aikon AK32 35A 4-in-1 / WRAITH32 BLHELI_32 35A
BRAINFPV PDB
Tramp HV vtx
Motors: Lumenier 2206 2000kv
FPV Camera: Runcam Swift V2
I know from experience that those lumenier motors paired with the HQ 6045 bi-blades will top out at only 50A of current draw, so pretty much any ESC works fine. If you want to do mid-range, you're probably going to want to have GPS capability - which rules out KISS (unless you have the Wolf PDB). If you go the BrainFPV route, they make an FC with a barometer so you can get accurate altitude and heading, which might be really useful for mid-range. Otherwise, I love the Helio and the Aikon.
Sep 12, 2018, 03:09 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by overbybr
I know from experience that those lumenier motors paired with the HQ 6045 bi-blades will top out at only 50A of current draw, so pretty much any ESC works fine. If you want to do mid-range, you're probably going to want to have GPS capability - which rules out KISS (unless you have the Wolf PDB). If you go the BrainFPV route, they make an FC with a barometer so you can get accurate altitude and heading, which might be really useful for mid-range. Otherwise, I love the Helio and the Aikon.
Thanks man
Leaning towards the BRAINFPV RADIX F4 FLIGHT CONTROLLER + Aikon
They also have a PDB
Sep 12, 2018, 09:57 PM
alienfpv, warpquad, goby180
I'm selling my 6 inch alien frame with esc's attached and ready for motors if anyones interested in a good deal.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ame-with-esc-s
Sep 13, 2018, 07:19 AM
Registered User
overbybr's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by cafu02
Thanks man

Leaning towards the BRAINFPV RADIX F4 FLIGHT CONTROLLER + Aikon

They also have a PDB


The Alien requires a PDB or CF blank. Just make sure youíre not adding excessive weight for a MR cruiser
Sep 13, 2018, 08:02 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by overbybr
The Alien requires a PDB or CF blank. Just make sure youíre not adding excessive weight for a MR cruiser
Yah I did order the CF blank,
The 4 in 1 ESC maybe be the better option, so i'll the the FC + 4 in 1 and the CF plates.


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools