ImpulseRC - Alien FPV Frames - Page 1178 - RC Groups
Jan 12, 2018, 07:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabula
I am 3DPrinting a custom backplate for an Alien 5 inch. The backplate is supposed to wrap around the last two heaxagonal standoffs.

When I measured the distance between the two standoffs centre hole, I get a distance of 28mm.

Is that correct ?
Are you using calipers? If so, you're probably right.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 12, 2018, 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeeDj
Got some more goodies in the mail still waiting on a different fpv camera mount as well as a full set of 20mm hex standoffs from ready made rc, unless someone knows another source for them. Check out the fitment of this mode 2 axii mount from brain 3d. Getting excited, ordered a couple akk Tek vtx's as my goal is to eventually have a pair of these Aliens. What do you guys think so far?

J
Just wanted to update folks, found 20MM Aluminum Hex standoffs from GetFPV.com in stock and ordered some, also ordered some more knurled ones from FPV Flight Club, finally found a spot in the US that has 6" arms in stock so I ordered two sets from Fly Low FPV, got another 4" body kit on the way from Crown City FPV as well as another steele PDB with some rapstraps coming from TBS. The goal is to have two complete 4.6 Aliens with the same hardware/electronics. I've been looking at going with the Betaflight 32 35A ESC's to leverage the telemetry and Armattan Titan Oomphs when they come back in stock. Any input would be awesome, really looking to just fly freestyle all in all but I love the idea of Armattans way they attach the Props to the motors but I'm open to any other input on motors to be honest. I find this is the last thing I order for a build because it changes so quickly.

Any thoughts?

Build Equipment:
-- ImpulseRC Alien 4" body
-- ImpulseRC Alien 6" arms
-- Mr Steele PDB
-- Kiss FC v1.03
-- Runcam Sparrow micro
-- AKK X2 mmcx
-- Luminier AXII mmcx
-- FrSKY XSR Receiver
-- Rotorgeeks Anti-vibration FC Mounts
-- Betaflight 32 35A ESC's
-- Armattan Titan Oomph's
-- Mode 2 axii mount from Brain3d
-- RotorRiot Qwad Skids

J
Last edited by SpeeDj; Jan 12, 2018 at 04:01 PM.
Jan 12, 2018, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Just wanted to update folks, found 20MM Aluminum Hex standoffs from GetFPV.com in stock and ordered some, also ordered some more knurled ones from FPV Flight Club, finally found a spot in the US that has 6" arms in stock so I ordered two sets from Fly Low FPV, got another 4" body kit on the way from Crown City FPV as well as another steele PDB with some rapstraps coming from TBS. The goal is to have two complete 4.6 Aliens with the same hardware/electronics. I've been looking at going with the Betaflight 32 35A ESC's to leverage the telemetry and Armattan Titan Oomphs when they come back in stock. Any input would be awesome, really looking to just fly freestyle all in all but I love the idea of Armattans way they attach the Props to the motors but I'm open to any other input on motors to be honest. I find this is the last thing I order for a build because it changes so quickly.

Any thoughts?

Build Equipment:
ImpulseRC Alien 4" body
ImpulseRC Alien 6" arms
Mr Steele PDB
Kiss FC v1.03
Runcam Swift Sparrow
AKK X2 mmcx
Luminier AXII mmcx
FrSKY XSR Receiver
Rotorgeeks Anti-vibration FC Mounts
Betaflight 32 35A ESC's
Armattan Titan Oomph's
Mode 2 axii mount from Brain3d
RotorRiot Qwad Skids

J
Does the telemetry functionality of BlHeli_32 esc's work with the KISS FC? If you can swallow the pricetag, the 32A KISS ESC's appear to be fixed from dying and would give you all the current supply your motors can ask for and are compatible with the KISS FC.
Jan 12, 2018, 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by overbybr
Does the telemetry functionality of BlHeli_32 esc's work with the KISS FC? If you can swallow the pricetag, the 32A KISS ESC's appear to be fixed from dying and would give you all the current supply your motors can ask for and are compatible with the KISS FC.
From what I've been reading it appears they do, and now of course I'm struggling to find a link to it I thought I found a youtube about it, and now... sigh

Found it:
Kiss FC & BLheli32 tutorial with Kiss OSD with Stick tuning & full telemetry tutorial (17 min 13 sec)

J
Last edited by SpeeDj; Jan 12, 2018 at 04:15 PM.
Jan 12, 2018, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by overbybr
Are you using calipers? If so, you're probably right.
I printed one out of PC (very rigid) that used 28mm center distance, and it works perfectly. This one just supports the Rx antennas. On the 4.5 I have one that also supports a bulkhead SMA at a 45 degree angle up. The 4.5 has a narrower spacing though.
Jan 14, 2018, 08:41 AM
Question for an answer for a post on another thread. The new versions of the Steele/Kiss PDB have the added pads to solder a capacitor on. Does those pads output whatever voltage you choose to run your Vtx or are they connected straight to the lipo input pads since they are in fact designated for a capacitor. I would think that they have lipo power since that's where you want your cap connected and nothing you select should change that but just want to make sure since I have the original version without those pads.
Jan 15, 2018, 03:32 AM
Warpsquid
Yep, those are direct Lipo pads!

To be honest though the newer version has much less need for caps anyway. There are more on the board compared to the first batch and also a different version of the OSD chip which is more tolerant of voltage spikes too.
Jan 15, 2018, 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impulse RC

To be honest though the newer version has much less need for caps anyway. There are more on the board compared to the first batch and also a different version of the OSD chip which is more tolerant of voltage spikes too.
Speaking of the PDB is there a video out there explaining how to flash it? Just curious, thanks!

J
Jan 15, 2018, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impulse RC

Ok thanks, this was what I thought.

Quote:
Speaking of the PDB is there a video out there explaining how to flash it? Just curious, thanks!

J
Awolf78 has step by step instructions for flashing every kind of OSD board that his OSD FW works on on his wiki here, then his videos show and explain how to setup the OSD config the way you want. There's no video for flashing but his instructions are really good and straightforward.

Wiki
https://github.com/awolf78/KISS_OSD/wiki
FW
https://github.com/awolf78/KISS_OSD/releases
Jan 15, 2018, 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnw
Awolf78 has step by step instructions for flashing every kind of OSD board that his OSD FW works on on his wiki here, then his videos show and explain how to setup the OSD config the way you want. There's no video for flashing but his instructions are really good and straightforward.

Wiki
https://github.com/awolf78/KISS_OSD/wiki
FW
https://github.com/awolf78/KISS_OSD/releases
Awesome, thanks Ron!

J
Jan 16, 2018, 12:10 AM
Quote:
Awesome, thanks Ron!

J
Anytime
Jan 16, 2018, 08:46 AM
For 2 years I've been flying my aliens. The 4/5 is my favorite I've been through quite a few top and bottom plates but still running the original arms which is just amazing!!!
She is a little heavy because I've doubled up on the plates but still handles perfectly fine.

👽 rising sun ☀️ (4 min 16 sec)
Jan 16, 2018, 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrod bath
For 2 years I've been flying my aliens. The 4/5 is my favorite I've been through quite a few top and bottom plates but still running the original arms which is just amazing!!!
She is a little heavy because I've doubled up on the plates but still handles perfectly fine.
This is why I wish we had more options on the 4" body, 2MM maybe even 3MM carbon would be great and the square cut top as has been suggested would be splendid as well.

Just my two cents.

J
Jan 16, 2018, 02:35 PM
Quote:
This is why I wish we had more options on the 4" body, 2MM maybe even 3MM carbon would be great and the square cut top as has been suggested would be splendid as well.

Just my two cents.

J
Yes I totally agree. I've built a lot of quads and nothing has been as good as my 4/5. But I've shattered 4 or 5 top and bottom plates now. I find it incredible the arms have held up. I've sheared probably 5 or 6 screws holding the arms on but the arms are like the energizer bunny They keep going and going !!
Jan 16, 2018, 04:16 PM
**Cross post from KISS thread**

Thousands of people asked... so here ya go, here's my TBS FPVision/KISS FCv2 set up!

(I think 3 people asked)

DRONE HOW TO: TBS FPVision (my favorite quad set up) (13 min 50 sec)

Quick Reply