ImpulseRC - Alien FPV Frames - Page 1082 - RC Groups
Jul 16, 2017, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverLine
ImpulseRC

Are we going so save som weight with the Mr. Steele pdb ?? vs. normal pdb with kiss ?
Some cable weight is lost, but some component weight is gained. I don't know about exact numbers, but the simplicity of the build alone is worth it for me! Plus it has a mic
to remove ads between posts
Jul 16, 2017, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by srREXed
Yeah, I didn't think I was getting what I should have the minute the lipo pad wasn't there. I know the pdb is a big deal to some, but I have other plans. Reaktor...

Thanks for the reply impulse. It seems my packaging is definitely not what I paid for. Speaking with the vendor, they tell me it was a model they had put together as a display. I was under the impression I was buying a new kit but then received this. I counted screws and such and there are plenty missing, there are different sizes than I should have and I wouldn't be able to put this together in full if I tried to. I messed up. I thought I was buying from a reputable shop with the Impulse RC licensed products but it seems I may have gotten the raw end. The lipo pad, and basically the hardware missing all adds up to about $15-$20. It seems it would cost me that much plus shipping to get what I need to complete my Alien 5.6" kit to where it would be receiving it like your photo displays. That said, I am speaking back and forth with the shop now. I think I'm going to let them make it right and just send me a complete new kit like should have from the beginning. This is so obnoxious. I was going to build it when it came and now it's been sitting on the bench I. Ziploc baggies. Impulse, any way to help this process along?

Iv bought fron that vendor too, they should make it right. The frame kits they are selling are chopped up and mixed. They sell 4.5 frames and even 4.6 frames so bound to mix up hardware
Jul 16, 2017, 06:47 PM
Warpsquid
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmattbo
So when is the mercury pdb likely to hit the stores?
The final parts and being assembled right now, once they get here we can flash/test/package and they are out the door

Quote:
Originally Posted by srREXed
That said, I am speaking back and forth with the shop now. I think I'm going to let them make it right and just send me a complete new kit like should have from the beginning. This is so obnoxious. I was going to build it when it came and now it's been sitting on the bench I. Ziploc baggies. Impulse, any way to help this process along?
We have been in touch with them and they assure us they will work with you to make sure you are happy. Apparently they did make you aware that you were buying a display model they had unpacked to take photos off, but even so you should of course not have any missing items!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnw
Yes you guys package things very nice and neat. I really like how the hardware comes most of all.
Now package up one of those Steele/Kiss PDBs so I can buy one lol
Just as soon as they get here, expecting a shipping notification any day now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverLine
ImpulseRC

Are we going so save som weight with the Mr. Steele pdb ?? vs. normal pdb with kiss ?
Only the mental weight saved by having such a clean and simple build
Jul 16, 2017, 08:24 PM
We did a little combat flying today !!
It's very cool chasing a wing trying to cut the streamer and or the wing
in this video I cut the ribbon twice and took out the wing at the end

Alien 👽 combat (2 min 47 sec)

Same flight but from the wings perspective camera facing backwards.

The Angy Alien Strikes (3 min 13 sec)
Jul 16, 2017, 08:34 PM
That looks super fun!
Jul 16, 2017, 10:46 PM
Team WarpSquad [ L ] Learner
Looks like the Alien took out a decent chunk of Wing as it went past also

Wings and Combat are fun, and cheap to replace or fix if you destroy them
Last edited by Too Many Toys; Jul 16, 2017 at 11:11 PM.
Jul 17, 2017, 02:08 AM
Edit post: found my answer
Last edited by Ola.; Jul 17, 2017 at 02:17 AM.
Jul 17, 2017, 03:51 PM
Does anyone know if the props are in view with a 5" body using 6" arms or the 6" body with 6" arms using a runcam split ?
Jul 17, 2017, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4ddyo
Does anyone know if the props are in view with a 5" body using 6" arms or the 6" body with 6" arms using a runcam split ?

What camera angle do you fly with?
Jul 17, 2017, 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by overbybr
What camera angle do you fly with?
Freestyle only 25-35
Jul 17, 2017, 07:48 PM
OSD - Why not?
Quote:
Cannot answer that, but 4" body with 5" arms: yes. Only the tip though and I use black props so it personally does not bother me much. Jello is more annoying. I am hoping Mr. Blakemore will come out with some nice mounts for the Split that help against jello. Will be a while, since he will be very busy flashing a lot of Steele PDBs and Mercury's soon
Jul 17, 2017, 08:38 PM
Quote:
Freestyle only 25-35

Most likely, yes. I have a 5/6 Alien and I can see prop tips at those camera angles, you'll definitely see them with the Split. You may be able to avoid them with a greater angle, but you may start to catch top plate.
Jul 17, 2017, 09:26 PM
Well I'm officially grounded until the Steele /Kiss PDB becomes available. I've just sold the PNP50 off it so I'm just going to wait I guess. Any updates ImpulseRC? Also anyone got the specs post bookmarked that could post the link for me. Just wanted to go over a few things as I'm getting ready...
Jul 17, 2017, 10:17 PM
QuadRotorMOTOboater
Quote:
Originally Posted by awolf78
Cannot answer that, but 4" body with 5" arms: yes. Only the tip though and I use black props so it personally does not bother me much. Jello is more annoying. I am hoping Mr. Blakemore will come out with some nice mounts for the Split that help against jello. Will be a while, since he will be very busy flashing a lot of Steele PDBs and Mercury's soon

Do you have a link or website for the mounts you speak of that blakemore makes? What mounts does he have now
Jul 18, 2017, 12:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnw
Well I'm officially grounded until the Steele /Kiss PDB becomes available. I've just sold the PNP50 off it so I'm just going to wait I guess. Any updates ImpulseRC? Also anyone got the specs post bookmarked that could post the link for me. Just wanted to go over a few things as I'm getting ready...
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=16123