ImpulseRC - Alien FPV Frames - Page 1073 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jun 19, 2017, 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dttocs
I was ready to buy one until i seen how the micro sd card is held in place
At least it's held securely unlike some slots which have a tendency to fall out (BFF3). You'll be able to access content via the USB port so once it's in, don't remove it again.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 19, 2017, 08:49 PM
ImpulseRC, will the new Steel PDB fit a 4" frame"
Jun 19, 2017, 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by overbybr
I'm fairly certain they said that it would, I'll dig back and see if I can confirm that.

J
Jun 20, 2017, 06:26 AM
Warpsquid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnw
@ImpulseRC
Forgot to ask... Will the new Steele/Kiss PDB OSD come with the two 6 pin JST-SH cables needed for all the connections to the Kiss FC? I'm really thinking your going to say yes but just want to make sure for those waiting for it. I make my own so no worries here.
Yes it definitely will!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimR74
Have ImpulseRC considered offering a skinny armed option for the Alien for 4in1 ESC users?

I drew up and had a few 5 skinny arms cut for my Alien out of 5mm thick carbon. Can't say they make a huge difference, but they have to block a little less thrust. They're also about 10-11 grams lighter than the standard 4mm arms. Likely less durable, but hopefully fine for what I'm looking for...
Thanks for the suggestion mate, we will look in to that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dttocs
I was ready to buy one until i seen how the micro sd card is held in place
Yeah hoping that transfer rates will be good over USB and I'll just leave the SD card in there...

Quote:
Yes it will fit any frame, it's the standard size and shape of the normal PDBs
Jun 20, 2017, 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impulse RC
ETA 2-3 weeks
Pre-order for early birds?
Jun 20, 2017, 07:18 AM
Quote:
ETA 2-3 weeks
Great news, can you share some details around the FC? The one next to the red pdb that is. Any thoughts on pricing? General ball park that is.

J
Jun 20, 2017, 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeeDj
Great news, can you share some details around the FC? The one next to the red pdb that is. Any thoughts on pricing? General ball park that is.
Maybe it's time to release the full specs for both boards?
Jun 20, 2017, 08:11 AM
Please provide a pre-order!!!!
Jun 20, 2017, 09:03 AM
Quote:
At least it's held securely unlike some slots which have a tendency to fall out (BFF3). You'll be able to access content via the USB port so once it's in, don't remove it again.
Yeah I was happy to see that it was held like most cell phones used to hold their SD cards. Put a 32G or 64G card in it and forget about it. The video looks great from it also. My main thing is you don't have a huge camera on top of the quad which is why I never recorded and HD video. I don't like it, plus the weight is a waste. This new camera is way better than the RC3 form factor and I bet they sell way more of them. Can't believe this is the first time we've seen this actually...
Jun 20, 2017, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnw
Yeah I was happy to see that it was held like most cell phones used to hold their SD cards. Put a 32G or 64G card in it and forget about it. The video looks great from it also. My main thing is you don't have a huge camera on top of the quad which is why I never recorded and HD video. I don't like it, plus the weight is a waste. This new camera is way better than the RC3 form factor and I bet they sell way more of them. Can't believe this is the first time we've seen this actually...
I've seen way too many destroyed GoPro's from professional pilots, and I'm nowhere near as good I would want to be to be constantly carrying a GoPro. I agree, it's added weight that kills flight time. This, however, is a game changer for me and after this has some time to mature out in the wild I expect I'll be buying a few. If Runcam adds features like being able to control recording via a switch on the radio, or being able to overlay OSD information onto the HD recording via a radio switch (Hey Runcam, are you reading this!?!?! ), game over...I'm sold!
Jun 20, 2017, 12:08 PM
Quote:
ETA 2-3 weeks
Exciting times indeed ....can't wait
Jun 20, 2017, 05:02 PM
FPV Surfer
Quote:
ETA 2-3 weeks
Please tell me there is SD card slot on the other side of that FC so we can log.
Jun 20, 2017, 11:39 PM
I just wanna fly, fly, fly
Quote:
ETA 2-3 weeks
All those bits look brilliant!

What is that connector on the Mercury vTX? It looks like it screws in, like RPA. But it's closer in size to a uFl connector. Good thing you guys will include a pigtail to get everybody started!
Jun 21, 2017, 12:17 AM
@impulserc
I don't want to assume... But..... I'm assuming the rotor riot store will have the steel pdb's?