Apr 20, 2017, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnw
Yes I'm anxiously awaiting the pics of the Kiss version. It's just gotta have OSD built in. Pretty sure that's the idea tho. Nothing else is needed since Kiss already has full telemetry built in.

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

Ron are we talking about the pdb osd with extras made for the kiss FC that connects via the ports? Havent we already got confirmation it will have an minm style osd? Or are you talking about something else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
to remove ads between posts
Apr 20, 2017, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyons238
Ron are we talking about the pdb osd with extras made for the kiss FC that connects via the ports? Havent we already got confirmation it will have an minm style osd? Or are you talking about something else?

Yes that's what I was talking about. I hadn't seen the post confirming the specs of it tho. Hmm, I don't know how I missed it, thanks.

Apr 20, 2017, 07:21 PM

ImpulseRC - Alien FPV Frames

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnw
Yes that's what I was talking about. I hadn't seen the post confirming the specs of it tho. Hmm, I don't know how I missed it, thanks.

No problem bud! I can't wait for this pdb, it really clears up all my cosmetic and accessible complaints I have with the kiss board. It will literally be like a match made in heaven!

I'm happy I ended up with aliens and kiss electronics for my first quads, I'm so content with this equipment where usually I feel the need to get something I realized was better after the fact.

Apr 20, 2017, 09:09 PM
Helplessly addicted to FPV
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyons238
....I'm happy I ended up with aliens and kiss electronics for my first quads, I'm so content with this equipment where usually I feel the need to get something I realized was better after the fact.
+1
I have been SUPER satisfied with my Kiss'd Alien for a first build. Sure, some others come with some other bells and whistles, but all I need is equipment that works well. What matters to me: does it fly well and is it dependable? (Hint: Yes.)
I have rammed this thing into the ground/trees about 20 times already and all I have is one little scratch in the front of the bottom plate.

Had another "whoopsie" last weekend, where I got stuck at the top of a ~40ft pine, 3 of the ESCs shut off for protection because the motors weren't able to turn....I had one (broken) prop to try and wiggle the quad with...after swinging my poor Alien into a 3" thick branch multiple times (audible knocking sounds), it finally fell down to the ground, in one piece (minus the 4 props). For a few minutes there, I was getting a little worried, that I had just made a $600 pine tree ornament, but thankfully I got it down. After installing 4 new props, I continued to bash the living snot out of it for the next 3 hours. LOVE IT!
Apr 21, 2017, 10:44 AM
I'll chime in as a lover of all things Alien and KISS, I have the RR ButterKwad with the KISS setup and it's amazing to fly. I'm fairly new to this. I'll have to read more about what this KISS PDB discussion is, I'm intrigued. I just bought a Helix and I'm a huge fan of its simplicity so far in the build.
Apr 21, 2017, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fingolfer
+1
I have been SUPER satisfied with my Kiss'd Alien for a first build. Sure, some others come with some other bells and whistles, but all I need is equipment that works well. What matters to me: does it fly well and is it dependable? (Hint: Yes.)
I have rammed this thing into the ground/trees about 20 times already and all I have is one little scratch in the front of the bottom plate.

Had another "whoopsie" last weekend, where I got stuck at the top of a ~40ft pine, 3 of the ESCs shut off for protection because the motors weren't able to turn....I had one (broken) prop to try and wiggle the quad with...after swinging my poor Alien into a 3" thick branch multiple times (audible knocking sounds), it finally fell down to the ground, in one piece (minus the 4 props). For a few minutes there, I was getting a little worried, that I had just made a $600 pine tree ornament, but thankfully I got it down. After installing 4 new props, I continued to bash the living snot out of it for the next 3 hours. LOVE IT!
thats awesome, you're lucky you had no damage. my first flight with mine i de laminated one of the arms and split it and bent a motor bell
Apr 21, 2017, 04:58 PM
Got a new camera mount for the RunCam2 from Great3D. Haven't flown with it yet. It is a little on the heavier side, but feels sturdy. Should work much better than the foam block I made, which didn't hold all too well in crashes.
Apr 21, 2017, 11:43 PM
I have a similar mount on my 6" martian, and it works well. haven't tried it on the 5" alien.
Apr 22, 2017, 08:48 AM
Quote:
Got a new camera mount for the RunCam2 from Great3D. Haven't flown with it yet. It is a little on the heavier side, but feels sturdy. Should work much better than the foam block I made, which didn't hold all too well in crashes.
It should hold up good. GREAT3D makes some great stuff
Apr 22, 2017, 03:14 PM
Yep! Just got a chance to fly a little with it and it eliminated the "wiggle" -effect in my HD video recordings (especially while doing orbits). Didn't do any stuff worth posting a video of to show how it looks, but once I get some worth while flying done, I will post it here. Now the footage is nice and solid!

Tested the mount's durability too, by crashing face first into the grass, and it withstood the crash with flying colors (pun intended).
Apr 22, 2017, 05:48 PM
So while I wait for the pdb for my rr5, I have an itch to build a small 130 scale quad using the kiss aio v2, swift runcam micro, frsky xm + . All other components are undecided. Are there any frames in the 130 (3inch) size that are the equivalent of the alien in terms of durability, ease of build and community support?

Apr 22, 2017, 06:25 PM
Quote:
Yep! Just got a chance to fly a little with it and it eliminated the "wiggle" -effect in my HD video recordings (especially while doing orbits). Didn't do any stuff worth posting a video of to show how it looks, but once I get some worth while flying done, I will post it here. Now the footage is nice and solid!

Tested the mount's durability too, by crashing face first into the grass, and it withstood the crash with flying colors (pun intended).
Glad to hear!
Apr 22, 2017, 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by g_lux
So while I wait for the pdb for my rr5, I have an itch to build a small 130 scale quad using the kiss aio v2, swift runcam micro, frsky xm + . All other components are undecided. Are there any frames in the 130 (3inch) size that are the equivalent of the alien in terms of durability, ease of build and community support?

Heard good things about the hyperbaby from piroflip

http://pirofliprc.com/HyperBaby-3_p_3612.html

RotorRiot had a video on it not to long ago using the new KISS AIO. Might be worth checking out.
Apr 22, 2017, 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by g_lux

Strong community support for a 3inch quad I haven't found...

Used to have two Shendrones Shiekers. Very simple design. Easy to build and good to fly. Sold one, wrecked the other (full speed into metal pole broke arm, other then that very durable). Problem is I can't buy they anywhere anymore. Out of production I guess. So stranded with a broken quad

Looked at the Dquad 137 but I'm a bit biased because I have a Dquad Obsession AND I'm Dutch (brand is Dutch). Wasn't able to get it shipped to Singapore at a reasonable cost so passed.

In the end got a $6 frame from myrcmart.com. It's called RCX-H130CF-P1 and I put all my Shrieker electronics in it. It flies very well actually. Above expectation. Full carbon, bottom plate is 3mm thick. Very good value for money. No complaints really.

But no premium by a long shot so got another 3inch; AstroX Q130 (true X). Looks real neat and I'm gonna use the Xnova 1406 motors with a Flytower F4 FC with integrated VTX/OSD and 4 in 1 Dshot esc. Still waiting for the parts but should be good
Apr 23, 2017, 04:15 PM
But can anyone from ImpulseRC explain why there's not European distributor? The frame is very nice, but buying on from Holland means you'll pay an additional 50% for a frame that isn't exactly cheap.