Sep 02, 2015, 03:55 PM

Receiver setup

Quote:
There are three hardware serial ports on the F3, wired as two external plus the SAT/SBUS input, and the USB uses the internal PHY rather than a serial port. Lots of serial connectivity for a logger, telemetry, or OSD.

I haven't move to a PPM radio yet. Still using a JR 12x. You say there is a port for a Spectrum Sat. Can I bind one and plug it directly into the Tornado like I would on a Heli FBL unit?

to remove ads between posts
Sep 02, 2015, 04:04 PM
What's plug position do we want the fpv camera for the alien frame, top or bottom?
Looks like bottom position would be a bit cramped once the camera is tilted upwards?
Sep 02, 2015, 04:06 PM
Question about Motto Motto's FC - do we flash it with the Naze version of the cleanflight firmware?
Sep 02, 2015, 04:13 PM
It's good to be geek!
Woot, pre-ordered a couple of the Tornado FCs. Great price on a great FC! And AusPost isn't as bad as a lot of other options I've seen. Sadly, however, I'm not in a position to buy the frame(s) yet. :-\ I think the prices are fair though. I don't need to wish you guys luck, as they will sell like hot cakes 'cause they're RAD. LOL But congrats on the launch!
Sep 02, 2015, 04:21 PM
Order submitted and looking forward to the quads!
Suggestion - would be great if one could get some 4 inch props from your site as well!
Sep 02, 2015, 04:32 PM
Firmware Fiend
Moto--will the Tornado FCs be available from any US vendors?
Sep 02, 2015, 04:37 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Quasar
Moto--will the Tornado FCs be available from any US vendors?
Yeah, I asked the same question on a PM to Moto Moto. I'm hoping so as it would save some on the shipping charges and shorter delivery time.
Sep 02, 2015, 04:40 PM
Firmware Fiend
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic
Yeah, I asked the same question on a PM to Moto Moto. I'm hoping so as it would save some on the shipping charges and shorter delivery time.
Yuuuuuup.
Sep 02, 2015, 04:45 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
I checked on the ImpulseRC site and shipping for the Tornado is ~$10...not all of that bad. If I were ordering an Alien frame I would certainly add a Tornado to the order. I'm working on a fixed income, so the price of the 5" is a little higher than I can afford right now. I'm trying to sell some other stuff to fund new purchases, but have to wait for the sales to go thru (if they go thru). Then I can see what fits the budget.
Sep 02, 2015, 05:33 PM
It's good to be geek!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuabardwell
If you're in the states that's the best. But if not, you can get for nearly same price here: http://goo.gl/2oAPsL
Sep 02, 2015, 05:37 PM
It's good to be geek!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic
I checked on the ImpulseRC site and shipping for the Tornado is ~$10...not all of that bad. If I were ordering an Alien frame I would certainly add a Tornado to the order. I'm working on a fixed income, so the price of the 5" is a little higher than I can afford right now. I'm trying to sell some other stuff to fund new purchases, but have to wait for the sales to go thru (if they go thru). Then I can see what fits the budget.
Ha, sounds like we're in the same boat. I couldn't wait for the FCs though. XP It will be interesting to compare these two Tornados to the two Sparky 1.1s I have currently. One of the main reasons I want the Tornados is because I suspect they will have been CleanFlight support.

I think a lot of people will be keen to replicate FG's setup, and just steal his PIDs. LOL
Sep 02, 2015, 05:54 PM
are the impulse prices in australian $?
Sep 02, 2015, 06:08 PM
Drone Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAN808
Currency option is top left

Im confused, it all says in stock, not pre-order, what is it?

Either way my order is in, hoping it comes in the mail soon...
Sep 02, 2015, 06:13 PM
Team Drone Art
I think those who has been following this thread and read Soma's launch update knows to expect the frames to be shipping by end of Sept. If nothing unexpected shows up between now and then. I also recall optimistically being two weeks...but not sure where I dreamt that one up.

Original post:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...5#post32583837
Sep 02, 2015, 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackR0ck
Wow! Pages and pages and pages since 5am. Super stoked on the 6" frame heading to my place. Just waiting for the crop circles to appear in my yard.

I would like to get the full line up from 4-6 but I'll get one up and running first.

I did just notice there is a different "slotted" top plate. I also read somewhere in the thread there may be two top plates in a pre-order kit? Might have just made that up but I can't find it and now I'm interested in whether I should try the other top plate and get a spare 6" arm.

For those pre-testers, has anyone busted an arm yet? The 4mm arms sound perfect and nearly indestructible. I've got your standard 3mm arms on most of my quads and 6mm Fearless arms and I've broken the 3mm but no where near close on the 6. Maybe 4mm is perfect and I shouldn't buy a spare?

Thanks guys for a great release! Slow site or not it's working now and I know first hand how hard these releases are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4bladeflyingfish
Hey Soma, FGA and Flits.

I was so excited about getting the frames that I forgot to even think about spares, what do you guys that are flying these beauties think we may need for spare parts?, anyone break anything yet?

Thanks in advance for your support, Bob
Guy's on spares. these frames are tough but not indestructible for me there the perfect balance between light weight and strong

So on the crazy crashes we have put them through for eg. smashing into a pole at full speed and coming to a dead stop, smashing into another alien at full speed! Burying an arm and half a motor into solid ground, 35m suicide dive into the side of a basketball back board.

We have broken an arm, top plates, camera box mount, bent standoffs and sheared bolts.

Like with any quad it's good to grab spares and have them there in case something crazy happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vent
What's plug position do we want the fpv camera for the alien frame, top or bottom?
Looks like bottom position would be a bit cramped once the camera is tilted upwards?
Top.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endonaut
Question about Motto Motto's FC - do we flash it with the Naze version of the cleanflight firmware?
Tornado has it's own firmware which will be there in the upcoming cleanflight release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAN808
US dollars mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahab B
Finally placed my 6" order ... I just hope I get it before the upcoming races in Oct!

quick question, Would I be able to buy 5" arms and swap?

Thanks guys..
Yes mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy654
Soma, just ordered my 5 inch frame to test out, it better be good! Oh and I emailed about adding the flight controller to my order, please save me one...I know it's a busy day..
Don't worry fella you will be one happy boy!

Quick Reply