ImpulseRC - Alien FPV Frames - Page 101 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Sep 02, 2015, 01:14 PM
Extreme Superlative Hyper-Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by theIrish1
It would have been an excellent price either way... I ordered (4) and am already thinking maybe I should have gotten a few more lol.

Cheers Moto!
Thanks for your support. Don't forget you'll also need the Pololu regulators if you want to power the board from lipo rather than a BEC.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 02, 2015, 01:14 PM
WigglesFPV if definitely be interested in the build. I have a big station I use when scouting fields and irrigation pivots with my wings (19" monitor encased in pelican on 1.3 ghz). Keep thinking it'd be nice to package up my duo5800 into a nice lil station, but haven't yet. Keeps getting put on back burner. Keep me posted if you get to it, love to see what you have planned out.
Sep 02, 2015, 01:18 PM
In the air.
Lucky2be, will do. All the parts are arriving today. We'll see what time I finish work if I can start the build tonight. Should be a fairly quick one (rarely true).
Sep 02, 2015, 01:24 PM
Moto Moto,I have a question on the Tornado board. I think I remember it came with flash memory to support blackbox? I am very interested in finally trying this out for tuning the PID's. Also I assume you are either sending a diagram with the boards or are posting that here?
Sep 02, 2015, 01:30 PM
Team WarpSquad
Quote:
Originally Posted by patroller
Moto Moto,I have a question on the Tornado board. I think I remember it came with flash memory to support blackbox? I am very interested in finally trying this out for tuning the PID's. Also I assume you are either sending a diagram with the boards or are posting that here?
No dataflash for blackbox on the Tornado. You need to get a OpenLog device to capture the data.
Sep 02, 2015, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WigglesFPV
Lucky2be, will do. All the parts are arriving today. We'll see what time I finish work if I can start the build tonight. Should be a fairly quick one (rarely true).
I'm actually interested in this as well... I'm all for running with as little gear as possible, but seeing as this is planned to fit in a backpack, I'd like to have a duo set up at some point
Sep 02, 2015, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanni1312
No dataflash for blackbox on the Tornado. You need to get a OpenLog device to capture the data.
That's correct. There are three hardware serial ports on the F3, wired as two external plus the SAT/SBUS input, and the USB uses the internal PHY rather than a serial port. Lots of serial connectivity for a logger, telemetry, or OSD.

I'll get a pinout drawing done before the boards are out...
Sep 02, 2015, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto Moto
That's correct. There are three hardware serial ports on the F3, wired as two external plus the SAT/SBUS input, and the USB uses the internal PHY rather than a serial port. Lots of serial connectivity for a logger, telemetry, or OSD.

I'll get a pinout drawing done before the boards are out...
Ok, thanks.

I am guessing then one of the mini serial port connectors could be used to plug in separate memory module that could be accessed through cleanflight just like the onboard memory.
Sep 02, 2015, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by patroller
Ok, thanks.

I am guessing then one of the mini serial port connectors could be used to plug in separate memory module that could be accessed through cleanflight just like the onboard memory.
The on-board memory is typically a SPI flash. The external modules use the serial port UART interface. The OpenLog device from Sparkfun is one possibility, and there are cheaper alternatives.
Last edited by Moto Moto; Sep 02, 2015 at 02:24 PM.
Sep 02, 2015, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto Moto
The on-board memory is typically a SPI flash. The external modules use the serial port UART interface. The OpenLog device from Sparkfun is one possibility, and there are cheaper alternatives.
https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9530

Sep 02, 2015, 02:26 PM
The Mad and the Wicked
Hey Soma, FGA and Flits.

I was so excited about getting the frames that I forgot to even think about spares, what do you guys that are flying these beauties think we may need for spare parts?, anyone break anything yet?

Thanks in advance for your support, Bob
Sep 02, 2015, 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcolepticLTD
Much better choice is:

http://multirotormania.com/32-bit-/1...ta-logger.html
Sep 02, 2015, 02:36 PM
"Because I was pǝʇɹǝʌuı"
Super excited for my Alien! Pre-order placed but for some reason the motors I had added didn't make it through the payment. Email sent to see if I can get those added. Great work guys!
Sep 02, 2015, 03:28 PM
Fly First // Post Later
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon
Nice @Moto Moto. Those are the details I like to know. Especially when I do my HacksMods write up on the Alien with Tornado F3 build. It'll make me sound smarter than I am.
Cant wait to see your approach on this build... if its anything like your Warpquad rendition/build... I am sure it will be EPIC to say the least !
Sep 02, 2015, 03:53 PM
Team WarpSquad

ImpulseRC - Alien FPV Frames

Heh. Thanks. I will honor it with how it's envision by it's creator. It's already well thought out.

Did you take a look at my rendition of the ZMR250? Still fielding question to that one.