Jan 23, 2017, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftyatm
So all these receivers.... which is the best? I have always used a d4rii but now moving to the x4rsb.....
The XSR is just a smaller RX. Does everything the X4rSB does. It came out after the X4r as a smaller package for lighter, smaller builds. Can't say that one is better than the other, other than the actual size of them. One thing that might be a perk tho is that the XSR uses a connector for SBUS and SPort connections where the X4r uses both the connector and DuPont servo pin connections. Also I think the X4r is a little cheaper too. Both have an RSSI solder point as well... Believe that's all the differences between them.

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk
to remove ads between posts
Jan 23, 2017, 05:41 PM
Warpsquid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bfasty
Hey ImpulseRC!!! Any more news in this guy? 😉
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDH
Yeah, I'm really interested in that little puppy as well.

Looks like it's got an OSD and maybe even a biometra built in?? Current sensor??

Who knows; can't wait to find out though.

: )
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerosurfer
I have to resist every day from asking ImpulseRC about this PDB. This will make the KISSed alien complete.
No firm ETA to share yet I'm afraid. Everything is working great but Steele is requesting some changes. Hopefully not much longer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jam3s121
If I buy the 4 inch frame + 5 inch arms from impulse RC what camera plate comes with it, and would this still fit a session + 1300?

Also does the 4 inch frame come with the "locking" cam plate ? thats something I need.
It comes with a mounting system that does stop the camera from moving in crashes, so it's locked in that sense, but it doesn't have individual holes in 5 degree increments like the larger frames.
Jan 23, 2017, 07:43 PM
Waterproofing my quad.

How many of you guys have applied the clear conformal silicone covering to your quads electronics?

And how do you do it, how much, and do you avoid any areas?

I am getting parts together to build a new rr5. I am going to use a reaktor osd/pdb and kiss components. Would it harm anything if after it's all built and assembled to use this conformal liquid to coat and protect everything? I have watched videos on it. But am nervous to mess anything up.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks in advance,

Andrew
Jan 23, 2017, 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftyatm
Waterproofing my quad.

How many of you guys have applied the clear conformal silicone covering to your quads electronics?

And how do you do it, how much, and do you avoid any areas?

I am getting parts together to build a new rr5. I am going to use a reaktor osd/pdb and kiss components. Would it harm anything if after it's all built and assembled to use this conformal liquid to coat and protect everything? I have watched videos on it. But am nervous to mess anything up.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks in advance,

Andrew
Kevin kind of goes over what you are asking in this video.

How Waterproof is Your Drone? (15 min 20 sec)
Jan 23, 2017, 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCQuads
Maybe leave a like or subscribe?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kc37LPWEOgA&t=6s
Dead duck on RC29?? Why? Was it a failsafe? I have not had any problems like these on RC29.
Jan 24, 2017, 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impulse RC
No firm ETA to share yet I'm afraid. Everything is working great but Steele is requesting some changes. Hopefully not much longer!

These are gonna sell like HOTCAKES!!! I hope stock will be plentiful =)
Jan 24, 2017, 07:02 PM
Well it appears that the Reaktors (BF version) are sold out again. Does anyone else carry them besides Drone and Piroflip?

If not I guess I'll have to push the Alien RR to the side and move on to something else.
Jan 25, 2017, 06:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoomie517
Well it appears that the Reaktors (BF version) are sold out again. Does anyone else carry them besides Drone and Piroflip?

If not I guess I'll have to push the Alien RR to the side and move on to something else.
Pretty sure those are the only 2 sellers so far. They are having video issues currently.

The thread is located here if you need more info.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...-Frames/page16
Jan 25, 2017, 06:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer0512
Pretty sure those are the only 2 sellers so far. They are having video issues currently.

The thread is located here if you need more info.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...-Frames/page16
Thank you!

So can I just use a 12v step down to drive vtx/cam or am I going to have to also add some type of LC filter?
Jan 25, 2017, 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoomie517
Thank you!

So can I just use a 12v step down to drive vtx/cam or am I going to have to also add some type of LC filter?
There's 5v and 10+v input and outputs
Jan 25, 2017, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer0512
There's 5v and 10+v input and outputs
NonInmeant with the stock board. The Reactors are out of stock plus a few of them are having major issues. They are working on a fix and may have it pinned down.

I have a Skitzo and a Chameleon on the way. I'll kick the Alien to the curb for now. That proprietary Board is killing me.
Jan 25, 2017, 06:00 PM
Hey guys just built another alien 5" RR edition
No one makes frames like these guys here at impluserc
Kwad + trees = freestyle (3 min 14 sec)
Jan 25, 2017, 07:59 PM
Anyone know of a 25 degree session mount for this frame
Jan 26, 2017, 12:32 AM
Quote:
You can 3D print this:
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1920495
And zip tied or velcro it
Jan 26, 2017, 12:47 AM
Quote:
A piece of foam cut to your choosing + lipo strap.