Sep 20, 2015, 03:25 AM
Forward ever, backward never!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatshark
I wasn't in too much of a rush since the market aready has a few supporting cameras. The camera is done but tooling for the case hasn't started.
Thanks, Greg. Could you say specifically which 3D cameras that are currently available in the market will work with the new Attitude V3's interlaced 3D function?
to remove ads between posts
Sep 20, 2015, 06:50 AM
The two cameras i know of is the blackbird and nerdcam.

Do those benefit from the attitudes fpga for interlaced 3d?
Sep 20, 2015, 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xermalk
The two cameras i know of is the blackbird and nerdcam.

Do those benefit from the attitudes fpga for interlaced 3d?
Yep, it was tested with the Nerdcam. Good camera.
Fat Shark
Sep 20, 2015, 10:27 AM
Ok, has anyone tested the blackbird to?
At ~60$ thats quite tempting.

Though it will need a 3d printed case, and all of the cameras will need a new ~250 frame design to protect them
Last edited by Xermalk; Sep 20, 2015 at 10:46 AM.
Sep 20, 2015, 01:51 PM
Bog Flusher Platinum Grade
I have updated my review of the V3 after the 5.8 tests, the link is below, my conclusions are as below, some may agree and some wont, both are good for their specific tasks.

Fly Safe Folks

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...7#post32707397

Nether are perfect, of the two the Headplay are better for the digital Phantom 3 feed but the Dom V3 win hands down in an FPV setup on 5.8ghz.

Image wise they are in a different league, the Headplay is crystal clear, very bright but the screen is very large even with the smaller lens, the goggles them selves are also very large and that does cause issues, you also look very odd in them as well, the Dom V3 are very portable but the image is just not good enough compared to the Headplay when using the HDMI input, its blurry at edge and around the OSD, colors are off to me and the screen door affect is noticeable and annoying.

The problem is DJI have given us crystal clear images on the tables with the P3 and I1, then stepping back to anything thats not as good just looks really bad, I think the very clear digital feed does not suit such small screens of the Dom V3, the analogue module feed masks the limitations of very small LCD screens, because the HDMI is a clear feed you to see the limitations of the small panels.

Im still not sure what the issue is with the blur on the LH screen, perhaps the FatShark just don’t suite my eyes but one or two other people are fiddling the same thing so i just don't know.

If your looking for goggles just for use with the Phantom 3 or the Inspire 1 then it has to be the Headplay, the image quality, detail and clarity win hands down.

If your flying analog FPV then the Dominator V3 are a fine set of goggles and i like the 16:9 aspect, they can take HDMI input and provide a decent image but its not in the same league as the Headplay in this respect, If your looking to use a mixture of both then you just need to decide what takes priority.

If you could try both on in a shop I can bet you would walk out with the Headplay every time just because of the impact of the clarity and size of the screen but the FatShark is a fine set of FPV goggles.

This is just my personal opinion and you may find they suit you better than me.
Sep 20, 2015, 02:01 PM
Team Warpsquad
Thank you for giving your opinion, its true everyone is different as I couldn't fly sd analog with the headplays but others seem to be happy with them but with with an hd feed they were pretty amazing I agree. Hopefully in the next couple years we will see some advancements in video link.
Sep 20, 2015, 05:09 PM

Hp

I wonder if blade could add anything as he has cinemizer and said they were good so it can't be the feed just the fs
Sep 20, 2015, 08:24 PM
Flown there, crashed that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebelton
I wonder if blade could add anything as he has cinemizer and said they were good so it can't be the feed just the fs
I think angler's point is that the smaller, lower res screens are not really suited to the HD feed and leave alot on the table compared to the headplays.
Sep 20, 2015, 09:54 PM
Mad Scientist Matt
Couldn't have said it better myself, totally agree with ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_angler1
I have updated my review of the V3 after the 5.8 tests, the link is below, my conclusions are as below, some may agree and some wont, both are good for their specific tasks.

Fly Safe Folks

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...7#post32707397

Nether are perfect, of the two the Headplay are better for the digital Phantom 3 feed but the Dom V3 win hands down in an FPV setup on 5.8ghz.

Image wise they are in a different league, the Headplay is crystal clear, very bright but the screen is very large even with the smaller lens, the goggles them selves are also very large and that does cause issues, you also look very odd in them as well, the Dom V3 are very portable but the image is just not good enough compared to the Headplay when using the HDMI input, its blurry at edge and around the OSD, colors are off to me and the screen door affect is noticeable and annoying.

The problem is DJI have given us crystal clear images on the tables with the P3 and I1, then stepping back to anything thats not as good just looks really bad, I think the very clear digital feed does not suit such small screens of the Dom V3, the analogue module feed masks the limitations of very small LCD screens, because the HDMI is a clear feed you to see the limitations of the small panels.

Im still not sure what the issue is with the blur on the LH screen, perhaps the FatShark just donít suite my eyes but one or two other people are fiddling the same thing so i just don't know.

If your looking for goggles just for use with the Phantom 3 or the Inspire 1 then it has to be the Headplay, the image quality, detail and clarity win hands down.

If your flying analog FPV then the Dominator V3 are a fine set of goggles and i like the 16:9 aspect, they can take HDMI input and provide a decent image but its not in the same league as the Headplay in this respect, If your looking to use a mixture of both then you just need to decide what takes priority.

If you could try both on in a shop I can bet you would walk out with the Headplay every time just because of the impact of the clarity and size of the screen but the FatShark is a fine set of FPV goggles.

This is just my personal opinion and you may find they suit you better than me.
Sep 20, 2015, 10:00 PM
For anyone in Australia chasing a set of the Dom v3, nextfpv.com.au has now got 7 in stock, I don't imagine they will last long so get in quick 😀
Sep 21, 2015, 02:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.N.
Not to act like a know it all, but I have tried the Headplay HD's, eYebox, HD V1's, and V3's and I can tell you, if all you care about is an immersive experience, the fatsharks are simply not comparable to the Headplays or eYebox. If you want some immersion, good OSD visibility (ie to keep from having to look around the screen), you probably should wait until the HD V2's are reviewed, or maybe look into the 5.6" eYebox.

Or maybe the oculus, or VR one, or skyzone, or ... or ... or, whatever.
I have seem many people mention oculus as a FPV device. But i cant find any mention in Oculus web site. It seem they only able to run using window support.
Sep 21, 2015, 07:52 AM
Hi
Noticing that the video describes the two variants, my immediate understanding is that the Dom v3 is ideal for 720p down links ( I.e. Phantom 3, inspire 1) and that the HD v2 is better matched for fpv racing due to the screen ratio???
So given I am the fpv racer type with some occasional video scenic shooting, should I go with the HD v2 then?

Sorry but I am coming from the attitude V2 and thus the semi panicky buyer questions of course I did have the headplay hd in the potential goggles list but enough have given their verdict on how it's too much screen estate for racing ( I'm sure many are happy to use it, though my eyes on the quanum v1 barely got to the corner before I found my self wondering what was happening in the center of my FOV

Thanks
Sep 21, 2015, 08:49 AM
fatshark, your pm inbox is full Though i guess thats to be expected with the new releases

Edit: Just got the fedex customs invoice 1022sek / ~123$. I really do hate swedens customs taxes.

Kinda regretting i didn't get the 299$ doms from that other vendor. These attitude v3's set me back ~480$ heh.
I do love them though, just wish they came with the headtracker cable, as that was the second reason i bought them over the Dom v2's.
Last edited by Xermalk; Sep 21, 2015 at 09:13 AM.
Sep 21, 2015, 11:22 AM
Is there a thread somewhere on the 5.8g raceband rx?
Im getting quite a bit more static/video glitches with my attitude v3s, then i used to get with my fr632 and rcv922 goggles.

Next time the weather allows ill go out and compare the two.
Sep 21, 2015, 11:34 AM
Callsign: Zulu
Pretty normal I'd say. I got more static on screen with my ex predator v2's than with e.g skyzones goggles inbuilt Rx/rc832.

Quick Reply