Aug 02, 2015, 08:18 PM
Escaping in Flight
Thread OP
Discussion

Blade 360CFX Converting to 3 Blade Rotor - Glitch

Blade 360CFX Converting two blades to three.

In following the Blade video '360 CFX - 3 Blade Head Conversion - Exploded View' I ran into an issue in the first step. I removed the right blade holder using an allen wrench in both screws that hold the blade holders to the head. Got one off, but unable to get the left loose (see pic) as the shaft the right one was on rotates/spins with the twist of the allen wrench on the left one. How can I hold the right blade holder shaft from spinning so I can remove the screw for the left blade holder without damaging (making tool marks) the shaft? I believe these shafts are called feathering shafts. They need to be smooth so the collective pitch works smoothly.

While I will be putting on the 3 blade head, I would like to preserve the 2 blade parts in case I should want to revert back to two blades.

Thanks, Gary
Last edited by gwlundgren; Aug 02, 2015 at 09:41 PM. Reason: Answer found
to remove ads between posts
Aug 02, 2015, 09:46 PM
Escaping in Flight
Thread OP
I found that if I press on feathering shaft while turning the allen in the remaining blade grip, it will come apart from head. Still have the issue of getting that blade grip off the feathering shaft as the blade grip is part of the new 3 blade rotor.

Found new issue in trying to get old swashplate apart. Will post that separately.

Quick Reply