This thread is privately moderated by GBLynden, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 01, 2015, 03:40 PM
I review RC Products
Thread OP
Discussion

Giant Scale Spitfire WWII Warbird RC Plane Take-Off Fail

I was very excited to see this plane fly last weekend at Warbirds Over Whatcom. This Giant Scale Spitfire WWII Warbird RC Plane has a reported 90" wingspan and is powered by a huge gas engine! This is a short but funny video featuring this remote control airplane.

Watch what happens as he tries to take off!

GB

Giant Scale Spitfire WWII Warbird RC Plane Take-Off Fail - Warbirds Over Whatcom County (1 min 8 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Aug 01, 2015, 05:20 PM
you ain't gang you can't hang
Someone forgot what an elevator was
Aug 01, 2015, 05:52 PM
I review RC Products
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somethin' Extra
Someone forgot what an elevator was
LOL yep! I also thought it was weird how he stopped when he had plenty of momentum already.

Oh well!
Aug 01, 2015, 05:58 PM
you ain't gang you can't hang
Yeah. I think he panicked and tried to abort the takeoff. He chopped the throttle but when you have so little elevator you absolutely cannot lose that propwash or....that happens
Aug 01, 2015, 06:51 PM
my Head is Spinning!!!
awww shucks.....had to watch it mutliple times to confirm the elevator operation
Aug 02, 2015, 01:36 AM
If you check the real plane you will notice that gear is bent forward and nearly half weel is ahead of the wing leading hedge. From the video it seams that the weels are within the leading hedge, so when the tail lift the momentum generated by the friction with the ground is causing that.
Aug 03, 2015, 09:17 AM
these comments are the greatest! LOL!

Quick Reply