Jun 12, 2018, 04:31 AM
-FPV it's a hell of a drug-
Then i got whatever was left lol.. mine are for sure 1.5mm or close to
to remove ads between posts
Jun 12, 2018, 04:36 AM
dunno .. just checkt the RS2206 V2' Bell .. my 1.3mm hex driver also fits in there .. its a bit loos but i could screw it out... so i guess its also a 2,5mm thread

same thing on the H2205 and NK2306
Jun 13, 2018, 02:41 AM
oh i think were talking about different things here, im talking about the bottom head size not the thread size but yea the top bell grubs are 1.27 or a 1.3mm will fit

as you can see in this video i stripped my bottom screw so had to drill it out

RCX LS2207 Set screw broken shaft removal (2 min 52 sec)
Jun 15, 2018, 07:15 AM
Build, fly, crash, repeat.
What ESC do you recommend for these motors? Got LS2207 2700KV and max amp draw is 51A...
I`m afraid that my 30A ESC`s will burn down
Jun 15, 2018, 07:43 AM
I'd rather be flying
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignatjev
What ESC do you recommend for these motors? Got LS2207 2700KV and max amp draw is 51A...
I`m afraid that my 30A ESC`s will burn down
Remember the ESC rating is the constant current rating. Burst rating on 30A ESCs is typically 40-45A for 10 seconds. If you had a battery with unlimited power you be able to eventually burn something, but even then the unloading due to forward motion of the quad. It is extremely unlikely that between the current delivery limits of your battery and the rate at which the drone unloads you will put any real pressure on a 30A ESC.

What you DO have to worry about are current spikes from crashes, but those are unlikely to be any higher with a higher Kv motor than they would be with a lower Kv motor of equivalent stator size etc. The stall current of both motors would be high enough to damage the ESC if a prop gets blocked during a crash. This is why many people go to 30A or 35A ESCs rated for higher voltage. Purely from a current draw perspective even a 20A ESC is sufficient for almost any rig we have, but the 30 and 35A ESCs can handle crashes and abuse better.
Jun 15, 2018, 07:48 AM
Flycolor X-Cross BL-32 50A 3-6S
only shop i know how have it is TBS
Jun 15, 2018, 08:24 AM
i killed a 25Amp esc on 6050 Tri props with the 2207 2700KV, i've since thrown 5" props on and not had a drama but yea you do need to watch it.
Jun 16, 2018, 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotceh_dnih
Then i got whatever was left lol.. mine are for sure 1.5mm or close to
Yeah mine too. You're right these screws are garbage. I have two out of three I've tried stripped. I cut a slot in them with a small dremel cutting disk and unscrewed with a Phillips screwdriver. Ech. Bearings are pretty rough after just a few flights too.
Jun 16, 2018, 08:10 PM
i did find out the bottom screw is a 1.75mm or 1/16th but even with the correct driver i still didn't get any apart.

Way to much loctite and really poor quality screws but i do need to remember i bought the budget ones and i also took warranty off .

i contacted Jen regarding said issue and got a reply however there just sending me one new 2207 i didn't ask for and didn't address my questions lol
Jun 17, 2018, 07:30 AM
Add the Shafts from the LS2207 to the poor quality list!,Just got home from a carpark session and i have two more bent shaft's :/ so that's 3 in total!!

I know "carpark" sounds bad but the hits these motors took were nothing compared to what i put the RS2206's through and for the first time i regret buying a rcx motor .

i'll buy some new shafts from the NK2207 and give them a try but from the description im going to guess there just as weak as the ls2207 shaft.

TLDR - LS2207 =
Jun 17, 2018, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadMcFly
Remember the ESC rating is the constant current rating. Burst rating on 30A ESCs is typically 40-45A for 10 seconds. If you had a battery with unlimited power you be able to eventually burn something, but even then the unloading due to forward motion of the quad. It is extremely unlikely that between the current delivery limits of your battery and the rate at which the drone unloads you will put any real pressure on a 30A ESC.

What you DO have to worry about are current spikes from crashes, but those are unlikely to be any higher with a higher Kv motor than they would be with a lower Kv motor of equivalent stator size etc. The stall current of both motors would be high enough to damage the ESC if a prop gets blocked during a crash. This is why many people go to 30A or 35A ESCs rated for higher voltage. Purely from a current draw perspective even a 20A ESC is sufficient for almost any rig we have, but the 30 and 35A ESCs can handle crashes and abuse better.
Agreed. I have been running some Racerstar 20 amp escs with RS2206 motors for months without issues. If I crash I just avoid turtle mode
Jun 26, 2018, 02:42 AM
Replacement 2207 they told me they would send arrived and guess what..

that bottom shaft retaining screw is a 1.5mm metric and its not full of loctite and isn't striping easy , its almost like its a completely different motor tbh.. if this was the way the LS series came i'd be happy with the only real issue being how dam weak the shafts are but my guess is i got what everyone else has been getting in my first order however this replacement had way more attention as they know i'd be vocal.

Leaves me with two questions

1. What was installed in my first set and
2. Will you please state the size for all retaining hardware in the description of all motors to avoid confusion
Jun 26, 2018, 06:26 AM
Build, fly, crash, repeat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotceh_dnih
Replacement 2207 they told me they would send arrived and guess what..

that bottom shaft retaining screw is a 1.5mm metric and its not full of loctite and isn't striping easy , its almost like its a completely different motor tbh.. if this was the way the LS series came i'd be happy with the only real issue being how dam weak the shafts are but my guess is i got what everyone else has been getting in my first order however this replacement had way more attention as they know i'd be vocal.

Leaves me with two questions

1. What was installed in my first set and
2. Will you please state the size for all retaining hardware in the description of all motors to avoid confusion
I have also received my LS2207 2700KV a week ago and later will check those screws, have both metric and 1/16th screwdrivers available. These are a hell of a motors they eat my battery in no time.
Jun 26, 2018, 08:26 PM
Has anyone received the NSK version of the RS2207 2400kv recently?

I placed an order for 16 on the 4th, which showed in stock at the time. Everything else from my order has arrived, but these have been on backorder awaiting shipment. I’m wondering if I should request a refund and spend the money on the new Emax RSII series instead.

Update: I received a shipping confirmation 4.5 hours after posting this.
Last edited by TimJC; Jun 27, 2018 at 06:48 AM. Reason: Shipped
Jun 27, 2018, 12:08 AM
Home page says "please email us to change to NSK version if you prefer" , if you've done that and had no joy then request a refund otherwise email them and it'll happen

Quick Reply