New RCX H2205 Motors - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jul 31, 2015, 10:38 PM
I'd rather be flying
Discussion

New RCX H2205 Motors

Now that these have been in the air for a while and people have some info out there on them, here are a list of resources for these motors:

Resources:
Mnemennth's Review of these motors
EngineerX's Videos: Video 1 Video 2

Thrust Data (From EngineerX)

Replacement Parts:
http://www.myrcmart.com/brushless-mo...mb-p-8357.html
http://www.myrcmart.com/motor-shaft-...or-p-8963.html The shafts come with an extra E-clip.
Last edited by QuadMcFly; Oct 27, 2015 at 11:05 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 01, 2015, 04:04 PM
Asked them to be tester, as I had big issues with the 2206 series motors of them I didn't wanted to spend money on them again before I ran some tests.....
Aug 01, 2015, 04:33 PM
I'd rather be flying
Quote:
Originally Posted by deno6031
Asked them to be tester, as I had big issues with the 2206 series motors of them I didn't wanted to spend money on them again before I ran some tests.....
2206 are pretty bulletproof IMO, never had any issues with them at all. I'm currently running 6" bullnosebprops at 4S on the 1960s without problens. Only older slow switching ESCs seemed to have issues with them. I tested them on XRotor20A, Afro 20A HV, SN20A, SN30A, and RG20 ESCs and they did very well on all of them with BLHeli 13 and 14. I can only hope the 2205s are as high quality. I think the problems you had were limited to certain blue series ESCs and clones right? I was never able to replicate the problem.
Aug 02, 2015, 01:09 AM
The problem only happen if you use bs_nfet type escs with! dampen light or comp_pwm features, if you don't use those features it is still usable, but you will loose some stability without it...

The biggest problem how they handled the issue, it would have been sufficient if they only said, please don't use it with bs_nfet type of escs or anything similar, rather then pushing the problem on to me, saying I did wrong. I only wanted to explain it to them in detail. No customer service at all.
Aug 02, 2015, 09:30 AM
Team Crash
They look to have the long prop adapter shaft like the 2208 has. Any idea why they are using this? It also looks to be one piece and not held in place with screws. Not sure if that's good or bad.
Aug 02, 2015, 11:15 AM
I'd rather be flying
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rook62
They look to have the long prop adapter shaft like the 2208 has. Any idea why they are using this? It also looks to be one piece and not held in place with screws. Not sure if that's good or bad.
Yeah, looks like they took a page out of Cobras book on this one with the unibody shaft. I've never had an issue with it on the Cobras, but I know some of the earlier Multistar motors had an issue with it. I actually hope they're a bit longer than the Cobras, but I'd need to pull out the ruler and measure to be sure. Both the H2206 and the Cobras are a tad short for the HQ 6" props. It fits, but I'd really like to have a bit more thread for the nut to bite onto. I went ahead and ordered a set of these, so we'll see how that fits once I get them in. I'll post some photos.
Aug 02, 2015, 11:42 AM
Team Crash
I had a set of the 2208 and shaft was so long, by the time I was done tightening the nut on the prop adapter I was in a full sweat. The 2205 do look nice though, but they are out of stock. I might have to check out set when the are back.
Aug 02, 2015, 11:59 AM
I'd rather be flying
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rook62
I had a set of the 2208 and shaft was so long, by the time I was done tightening the nut on the prop adapter I was in a full sweat. The 2205 do look nice though, but they are out of stock. I might have to check out set when the are back.
Yeah they're out of stock because they're just finishing the first production run. They're up for pre-order

How was your H2208s? I was disappointed with mine. Two of them have bent shafts after only a couple dozen flights. The bells got slop really fast and the bearings seemed sup-par from the factory. They were just never as smooth as the other motors I've had from RCX.
Aug 02, 2015, 12:57 PM
Team Crash
The 2208 were fine, but nothing to get excited about. They worked fine and I had no issues with them, just wasn't impressed enough to ever buy them again.
Aug 30, 2015, 04:44 AM
So anyone test this motor yet?
I am searching for budget esc that work for this motor that can use blheli and oneshot.
Look like xrotor 20 is good enough
Aug 30, 2015, 08:17 AM
I'd rather be flying
Been flying these for a few weeks and I'm very impressed! Very smooth bearings, tight with no slop at all. Feels like a motor 5 times its cost IMO.

Yes, the XRotor20A are one of the better budget ESCs, though they could have been better with a bitbof revision to the FET driver circuit. They're still a good deal better than most of the Atmel based EDCs out there, though they fall short of the other SiLabs ESCs out there. Not bad at all for the price though.
Aug 30, 2015, 09:06 AM
Team Crash
+1 have been trying these out for a few weeks and really like them. Very smooth, plenty of power and don't see any negatives at the moment, and you can't beat the price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadMcFly
Been flying these for a few weeks and I'm very impressed! Very smooth bearings, tight with no slop at all. Feels like a motor 5 times its cost IMO.

Yes, the XRotor20A are one of the better budget ESCs, though they could have been better with a bitbof revision to the FET driver circuit. They're still a good deal better than most of the Atmel based EDCs out there, though they fall short of the other SiLabs ESCs out there. Not bad at all for the price though.
Aug 30, 2015, 10:38 PM
Quote:

so, xrotor flash with blheli 14 is good for this motor right?
Aug 30, 2015, 10:41 PM
I'd rather be flying
Quote:
Originally Posted by johanhoahm
so, xrotor flash with blheli 14 is good for this motor right?
Which version? 2350 or 1850? I'm having some issues with high RPMs on the XRotors (both 20A and 40A) right now with v14. It was having some crazy stuff with a cobra 2300kv. Still figuring out what is going on with that. For now I'd recommend the RG20A or the MRM Zeus for higher KV.
Aug 30, 2015, 11:19 PM
Quote:
Which version? 2350 or 1850? I'm having some issues with high RPMs on the XRotors (both 20A and 40A) right now with v14. It was having some crazy stuff with a cobra 2300kv. Still figuring out what is going on with that. For now I'd recommend the RG20A or the MRM Zeus for higher KV.
damn
i prefer 2350 kv since i want use 5inch prop.
where i can buy rg20 or mrm zeus in asia region?