This thread is privately moderated by ddruck, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 31, 2015, 01:13 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Lipo comparison test 1 for ALES gliders

I have several lipos I use in my ALES planes and I know there is some difference in performance. I came to couple of conclusion, all manufacturers exaggerate the C rating of their batteries and price does not always mean performance. I tested 2 Thunder power lipos 1300ma and 850ma both 3S 70C packs the G8 variety, that I use in competition. Then I tested 2 Hobby King Lipos the 1300ma 3S 45-90C Nano-tech and the 1800ma 3S 65-130C A-SPEC. Lastly I have some 1100ma 3S 45-90C that I use in practice sessions quite a bit. All these were purchased since November of last year, Nano's are new . Nano-techs proved to be quite surprisingly good, equaling the ridiculously expensive Thunder powers. The A_SPEC are year old and still perform great as I found out when I got them, wish they made them a bit smaller size. I did have some 850 size Nano-tech but their performance was dismal right from start so I did not even bother with them.
All these were tested on 15x8 Aeronaut prop, on my Z3019-14 motor which makes it to 200m in 26 sec on this prop in my 4m 2130g Euphoria.
I created a Watt measure diagram with all batteries side by side to make comparison easier plus my usual individual tests.
Last edited by ddruck; Jul 31, 2015 at 06:48 PM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply