Sep 08, 2015, 06:43 AM
I'm pretty sure all orders are shipped from China. So there's weeks of a turn around before anyone has their hands on it.

It's like this. This is basically a scaled down clone of the Twin Hammers. Being a Chinese clone of another product isn't necessarily a good thing or bad thing. But it's cheaper, way cheaper than a real TH. Mine was shipped out a few days ago for less than $70. It's not a true 'rock crawler' because it has open diffs. You ever got stuck in the mud with open diffs? I'll be looking to remedy that with mine. It's mostly plastic also. Some plastics bends, some break. I'll give it a shake down when I get it.

If you want a decent 1:10 hobby grade crawler you're looking to spend $300+. I've got over $600 tied up in an Axial build. I did start with a RTR and only have the frame and body mounts left along with the transmission. Everything else was replaced. But I built a second one for just $40 with the leftovers.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 08, 2015, 03:31 PM
It was me who mentioned it in the FY-326 quadcopter thread I guess it will take another couple of weeks before I get it. Order status was stuck at "processing" for a couple of days but now it's dispatched sinds 3 days.
For the need I have for it, I think it's a good buy... The cars I liked, well when I saw the price 600 USD and up... I thought hmm great but for using in the garden and only during "dry" sunny weather on rather easy terrain, this one will do also. And important for me, the topic starter had FPV build in and I have the exact same FPV kit so... He also mentioned we can use a 2200mAh so I'm not afraid for short runtimes etc. Spare parts are already available at the 2 big vendors so no problem about parts.
I like the looks of the car etc. The only thing what maybe could be not to my liking is perhaps the range when driving fpv behind obstacles. But hey, we are used to that in the cheap quad forums so if the range disappoints me, I will open up the rx and tx to try to improve things a little. Have to check the Deviation forums to see if they sometimes do protocols from cars too or if it even is possible to control a rc car with a modded Devo 7E.

This will be our second rc car, the first one from around 1992 ? (tx at 27MHZ and with crystals for channel selection) a Kyosho Lazer ZX-Sport, is still running after all this years... So I hope the Feiyue FY03 Eagle-3 1/12 2.4G 4WD Desert Off-Road Truck RC Car will be a good buy too
Sep 08, 2015, 07:39 PM
I've got several rebrand Rx/Tx in a box, all new tech with 100m plus range. If I see them cheap I buy them just for rigs like this or maybe retrofit an older AM rig. I'm always looking for the next project.

If you want big mAh, then a lipo is the way to go. I'll be ditching the rear tire on my FY03, to lighten the rear end for a bigger battery. As for FPV, I haven't gotten into that and am happy with line of sight driving...for now.
Sep 09, 2015, 01:58 AM
I'm waiting for a sale & would like to get the FY03 or FY02. Gearbest's price + shipping is about the same as BangGood's price + shipping.

It looks like some people got these for slightly more than $60USA with shipping included. Hopefully a deal like this will happen again otherwise it would cost me double that price.
Sep 09, 2015, 02:36 AM

FEIYUE - FY03 Desert Eagle aka look like Twin Hammer rock racer

I ordered mine for under $70 shipped. I hadn't bothered checking the EU plugged prices when one got linked on one of the thread. Doesn't matter to me what it's got as it doesn't have a battery anyway.
Sep 09, 2015, 02:16 PM
I just looked at GearBest & the FY03 is $62.99. Shipping to USA is $59. It does say that is an estimate & actual will be shown on the order page. I did proceed to checkout & it was $59 shipping. Total was $121.99.

I previously saw a forum comment that no battery was included. However near the bottom of the GB web page there is a customer question & answer section & someone asked about the battery, The reply was "This comes with a battery and battery charger. Hope you enjoy shopping here with us. " Hopefully you'll be surprised with a battery.
Sep 09, 2015, 02:26 PM
Seems to be a lot of confusion about what's included. I'd guess the gb staff members comment about not coming with a battery is false. I can't see feiyue making different boxes up for different sellers and all of the reviews I've seen came complete. Just took the gamble and ordered one so will see in a couple of weeks.
Sep 09, 2015, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brake Weight
I've got several rebrand Rx/Tx in a box, all new tech with 100m plus range. If I see them cheap I buy them just for rigs like this or maybe retrofit an older AM rig. I'm always looking for the next project.

If you want big mAh, then a lipo is the way to go. I'll be ditching the rear tire on my FY03, to lighten the rear end for a bigger battery. As for FPV, I haven't gotten into that and am happy with line of sight driving...for now.
I was looking at lipos but not sure about which max dimensions will fit the battery tray... I will remove the spare wheel also to have a little more room for a lipo. Are most of these cars with a I believe it was 5 pin servo connection? All my servo's from my planes are 3 pin. In other words, the 2 extra wires are used for???

I also saw on the receiver 2 led connectors but I suppose on the tx is no button to switch the led channel, at least nobody from the reviewers mentioned it. Those "rebranded rx / tx" with 100m plus range, I guess with these you cant use the existing 5 pin servo? Do you have a link for the rebranded rx / tx's? only just in case for when the stock range is not enough in a couple of weeks when I put the FPV stuff in. But first I'm gonna play with it completely stock for a few days so I can get the hang of it because I never used such a fancy tx with a wheel and a trigger lol.
Sep 09, 2015, 03:13 PM
The package contents as listed on the GB website just say "1 x Dessert RC Off-road Car, 1 x Transmitter". No mention about the battery or Tx. That may be why a GB employee would say no battery because they're reading their own material. However the pictures do show the battery & charger & hopefully everyone will get those.
Last edited by Out_Of_Money; Sep 10, 2015 at 01:27 AM. Reason: added text for clarification
Sep 09, 2015, 05:18 PM
I've gotten 3 Tx/Rx sets from DollarHobbyz. An Axial set and 2 HPI sets. All about $20 each set. You'll have to catch them when on sale and in stock. They'll send me emails every now and then with promotion.
Sep 10, 2015, 01:19 AM

FEIYUE - FY03 Desert Eagle aka look like Twin Hammer rock racer

The 5 pin servo is similar to the Losi Mini and Micro T rigs. A standard servo would need to be swapped in for a normal Rx to be added. Again, I've picked up some here and there off of DollarHobbyz. Traxxas, HPI, and Axial. 1:10, 1:8, and 1:18 scale when they have a sale and they're in stock. My local hobby store charges MSRP for everything and building a parts bin there isn't cheap.

I'll look in the morning at the replacement parts and see just what it's got. If the Rx is combined with the ESC then it'll have to be separated or replaced as well. I've got one extra ESC that I'd use if need be. It's a Chinese RC and cheap. So pouring a lot of money into it isn't really cost effective IMO. But since I've gathered up enough and cheap enough I won't mind it. I'd have maybe another $30-40 involved to do all mentioned. Plus I have about 4-5 lipo batteries that'd work also. I'll start yet another thread for this rig when I get my hands on it. It's been 'processing' for a week now and hopefully it'll ship soon. They have that 9.9 sale going that I've gotten a dozen emails about, so the place is busy.
Last edited by Brake Weight; Sep 10, 2015 at 05:05 AM.
Sep 11, 2015, 04:35 AM
I received mine this morning and can confirm it comes with the battery, charger and plug adaptor.

Also it was delivered in the UK by Yodel with no customs charges.
Sep 11, 2015, 04:36 AM
What type and mAh battery is it?
Sep 11, 2015, 06:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brake Weight
What type and mAh battery is it?
It's a 1500mAh Li-Ion. It's for sale on its own on the gearbest site :- http://m.gearbest.com/rc-car-parts/pp_228074.html
Sep 11, 2015, 06:24 AM
So it's got a little bit of weight then. A 2000 or 2200 lipo would be a good replacement.

Quick Reply