Jun 07, 2019, 11:47 AM
I cant say anything about the stock Tx/Rx as I have changed to RC6GS with inbuilt gyro receivers!
to remove ads between posts
Jun 07, 2019, 11:49 AM
How to fit a 2200mah 2s batt into the FY03H? Pics?
Jun 07, 2019, 11:57 AM
I have lots of those cheap balance chargers and i always test what they have done to the battery with my big computerised charger.

If the results are fine after 2-3 charging cycles i keep on using them without double checking with the big charger. I just verify the cells voltage with a simple lipo checker.

I can save lots of time using my computerised charger along with the basic balance charger
Jun 08, 2019, 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilbernerSurfer
How to fit a 2200mah 2s batt into the FY03H? Pics?
I donít use the plastic Y shape thingy to hold the original battery. The 2s fits just between the frame and the spare tire on the back. I have put some Velcro on the battery mount to hold it in place but itís pretty snug not tight but fits just right and the spare tire pushes it down a little.
Iíll make a photo as soon as I can.
Jun 08, 2019, 07:27 PM
Yours must be much shorter than the stock 2200mah 2s from the 10428 which I have. No way to get it in the FY03 battery compartment.
Jun 09, 2019, 05:13 PM
Is a wheelie bar available for the FY03?

If not, I will destroy my 5th spare wheel at the rear pretty soon!
Jun 17, 2019, 05:15 PM
Great LED stripes for making your car visible at night! Switchable via Tx! Around $7 at BG. It is the 5v-26V version, dont know how the 5V version performs.
https://www.banggood.com/WS2812-Colo...r_warehouse=CN

WLtoys 10428-A with LED's for night FPV. (2 min 27 sec)
Aug 22, 2019, 05:56 PM
Found the thread and I think this content belongs to here (althoug this is not a crawler, at least not a good one).

This is my approach to the front shock mount of the FY-03H
At the moment is just a piece of cardboard with a rough shape, but I like to do it this way.

No parts where cuttoff so the car can be reassembled as stock if neccessary.

The plan is to make it in metal, probably a couple of L shaped strips mounted to a central beam to give rigidity.
Can not find a U shape in this size so I have to make something.

The cutouts for the suspension arms are just a place holder. When the metal piece is done I'll make it as big as I can to remove weight and avoid collisions.
Top of the towers will be trimmed and rounded. Deppending on space I'll drill multiple mounting holes
The shocks must be spaced a bit from the towers. Shock caps don't have enough free space.

Last but no least.
Front cover must open without unscrewing the body. Not difficult. A couple of magnets can be used to secure it in place.

Hope you like it.
Aug 22, 2019, 08:13 PM
ultra cheap pilot
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wachuwey
Found the thread and I think this content belongs to here (althoug this is not a crawler, at least not a good one).

This is my approach to the front shock mount of the FY-03H
At the moment is just a piece of cardboard with a rough shape, but I like to do it this way.

No parts where cuttoff so the car can be reassembled as stock if neccessary.

The plan is to make it in metal, probably a couple of L shaped strips mounted to a central beam to give rigidity.
Can not find a U shape in this size so I have to make something.

The cutouts for the suspension arms are just a place holder. When the metal piece is done I'll make it as big as I can to remove weight and avoid collisions.
Top of the towers will be trimmed and rounded. Deppending on space I'll drill multiple mounting holes
The shocks must be spaced a bit from the towers. Shock caps don't have enough free space.

Last but no least.
Front cover must open without unscrewing the body. Not difficult. A couple of magnets can be used to secure it in place.

Hope you like it.
Looks nice, simple and no extra mods to ruin the chassis. Nice ideas!
Oct 08, 2019, 01:25 PM
Finally got time to make the parts and put them together.

Right now there is still a work in progress.
Battery did not fit in the front, so there is no point on make it open as I said in previous messages.

The point now it to make the body serviceable without the need to remove 8 screws.
Magnets and clips?
Don't know yet.

And also I want the sway bar of the new FY-08, but can't find it.

Description in the pics.
Oct 10, 2019, 08:02 PM
ultra cheap pilot
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wachuwey
Finally got time to make the parts and put them together.

Right now there is still a work in progress.
Battery did not fit in the front, so there is no point on make it open as I said in previous messages.

The point now it to make the body serviceable without the need to remove 8 screws.
Magnets and clips?
Don't know yet.

And also I want the sway bar of the new FY-08, but can't find it.

Description in the pics.
Nice mods, now the FY03 looks radical!
Oct 18, 2019, 12:08 AM
Should Know Better But Doesn't
Since you have the pivot point of those shocks turned 90 degrees at the top, do you experience any binding or stress on the top mount when the suspension is fully engaged?

Will have to get myself an FY03H at some stage soon., I do love me a desert buggy.
Oct 18, 2019, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamsterrorist
Since you have the pivot point of those shocks turned 90 degrees at the top, do you experience any binding or stress on the top mount when the suspension is fully engaged?

Will have to get myself an FY03H at some stage soon., I do love me a desert buggy.
Consider the FY08 brushless or brushed, doesnt matter! But it has a sway bar! Anyways, I liked my FY03H bruhless a lot! Design is classy and sexy in my opinion, and a beast on 3s!
Oct 18, 2019, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamsterrorist

I didn't feel anything weird.
Taking a deep look at the top of the shocks while pushing down the front of the car with the hand I didn't see parts moving or flexing.
Even the tower feel robust. They just bend inward a little when the shocks are fully compressed and I keep pushing down. Don't think this could be a problem using it in a normal way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilbernerSurfer
Consider the FY08 brushless or brushed, doesnt matter! But it has a sway bar! Anyways, I liked my FY03H bruhless a lot! Design is classy and sexy in my opinion, and a beast on 3s!

Yes, consider the Fy-08.
Almost the same car in similar price. Fy08 a bit more expensive but it gives you an extra wheel and a sway bar.
And if you want, the body for the FY-03 is cheap, arround 15$ the metalic one.

Quick Reply