Mar 12, 2020, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by biomecanoid
I use this motor:

https://www.banggood.com/Racerstar-2...r_warehouse=CN

on 3s, 15T pinion and with larger wheels.

If i remember correctly in-order to go down to a very small pinion like a 9T you have to mod cut some plastic to allow installation. I didn't do that, stock pinion was awful and the car was barely usable with lots of cogging, 15T pinion is perfect i have both speed and torque.

I didn't find my latest speedrun details but i do remember speed around 60km/h on the attached photo i have GPS info showing 50km/h top speed. I use an old blackberry phone as GPS works great.
Yes, I had to cut a piece of plastic.
I use it like a crawler.
Has a amazing torque and low speed.
I locked the front and rear differential because the internal differential gears( bevel gears) are constantly broken.
I used some glue to lock.

Wow! Blackberry phone ??
An excellent idea .
to remove ads between posts
Mar 12, 2020, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by osos11
Yes, I had to cut a piece of plastic.
I use it like a crawler.
Has a amazing torque and low speed.
I locked the front and rear differential because the internal differential gears( bevel gears) are constantly broken.
I used some glue to lock.

Wow! Blackberry phone ??
An excellent idea .
The only time i stripped the rear differential was when i was running full blast on beach sand, other than that the car is very reliable.
I don't think you should completely lock the front differential it affects steering but if you are happy with it its fine

And yes i do have a Blackberry phone works good everytime, i wrap it in bubble paper and secure it on the car with velcro straps. it has survived several roll overs. I image it would work well on drones as well
Mar 12, 2020, 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by biomecanoid
The only time i stripped the rear differential was when i was running full blast on beach sand, other than that the car is very reliable.
I don't think you should completely lock the front differential it affects steering but if you are happy with it its fine

And yes i do have a Blackberry phone works good everytime, i wrap it in bubble paper and secure it on the car with velcro straps. it has survived several roll overs. I image it would work well on drones as well
The locked front differential has a very negative effect on on-road driving.
turning angle decreases . the vehicle has difficulty turning. . it revolves around a much larger circle.
however, there is no break in glued gears. sometimes the axle or main differential gear breaks.

as in this posts :
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=2815
----
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=2819
Mar 16, 2020, 06:18 AM
let me share here my latest adventures with my Feiyue FY07 (similar to FY03 but with some differences). Some of my mods can also be done on the FY03 with very small cost. For those who don't know it FY07 comes with brushless motor and seperate Rx/ESC. I changed the motor to a lower kV (1400kV), pinion 13T, much stronger servo MG995, locked diffs with putty, 15mm axle wideners added a fan for the ESC and weight inside all tires. Also "weatherproofed" electronics with nail polish on all PCB's and a balloon for the ESC. I also did a small mod for a better turning radius, filling off some material from the steering slider assembly and adding some resistors inside the servo so the throw is much greater. Now it's really a trail rig with good crawling abilities.

This video is almost half an hour but it's a 650m (0.4miles) trail with 125m (410ft) altitude gain! the terrain changes a lot with rock gardens or smooth uphill.
Feiyue FY07 on the trail, crawler +mods in description (similar to wltoys 12428) (28 min 37 sec)

Feiyue FY07 goes MUD!! (5 min 51 sec)

I have also modded the body so it can easily rotate open/close with no screws.
In my channel I have many more feiyue videos but in the latest ones you can see its full capabilities. Any thoughts? I would like to somehow make it look more scale a bit...
Mar 16, 2020, 12:19 PM
I fixed the slipping clutch yesterday, so of course we broke something else today!!
This metal part attached to the front diff supporting the arm (see the pic).

Can someone help to find the correct spare part ? not knowing the name or reference, it's quite difficult.
Thanks
Mar 16, 2020, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwelvin
I fixed the slipping clutch yesterday, so of course we broke something else today!!

Can someone help to find the correct spare part ? not knowing the name or reference, it's quite difficult.
Thanks
Hi,
You need this material : https://tr.aliexpress.com/item/32888973674.html?

I've never seen this piece breaking before. Very interesting.
I fixed the slipper clutch too. Probably 1 year has passed.
Mar 16, 2020, 02:10 PM
Quote:

Thanks
I've seen the pins/screws bend in many applications but have never that piece break.
Mar 16, 2020, 02:27 PM
Manpower, I have been a bigger fan of the FY-07 than the FY-03H because guys say it's too fast. I'm surprised that you went even lower in power. I like that you gave information in the video under "Show More". Most guys don't bother. They mumble their way through their video and leave you asking yourself "What did he say?" or "Where am I supposed to find that?". If the information is still available, please add links to your video too. Great job.
Mar 16, 2020, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by osos11
Hi,
You need this material : https://tr.aliexpress.com/item/32888973674.html?

I've never seen this piece breaking before. Very interesting.
I fixed the slipper clutch too. Probably 1 year has passed.
Thanks
Only 2-3 sellers on Aliexpress !?! this should not broke often!!
No idea what happened, my son was playing alone.
Mar 17, 2020, 06:33 AM
Many of us have bought our FY-03's used. Does anybody have a link to the owner's manual for one? I'm interested in the drawings and parts lists. In the 12428 threads, we often talk about this part on this page with this "name" that's usually a riot.
Mar 17, 2020, 06:45 AM
Wicked, tricksy, false!
Try Simple Google Search.
Search term that has been used:
Quote:
Feiyue FY-03 manual doctype:pdf
First hit was this - KLICK ME HARD!.

-mike-
Last edited by mikefromgermany; Mar 17, 2020 at 06:51 AM.
Mar 17, 2020, 02:11 PM
I did searches with many different variations and got nothing useful. Thanks
Mar 18, 2020, 06:15 AM
For those who don't exactly like removing a few too many screws to get the body off, I'd be interested in how you made your body more user friendly. My goal is to use the front-most screws to pivot on and then hold the back down and in position with all of the moving and twisting the body usually goes through.
Apr 02, 2020, 03:14 PM
And now the front gear box died, we now have a 2WD... Looks like my son is driving hardly!!

Is the "metal upgrade" a good idea, or should I go with the standard spare part ?
Would a strong gear box lead to break something else ?

@manpower: I would also like to see how you manage your easy access to the inside.
Apr 02, 2020, 06:13 PM
Quote:
And now the front gear box died, we now have a 2WD... Looks like my son is driving hardly!!

Is the "metal upgrade" a good idea, or should I go with the standard spare part ?
Would a strong gear box lead to break something else ?

@manpower: I would also like to see how you manage your easy access to the inside.
Hi,
Which part of the front gearbox is broken? Is there a photo?
I broke too many front gearboxes. I can give suggestions according to the broken part.

Quick Reply