Oct 19, 2019, 12:12 AM
Should Know Better But Doesn't
I actually have an FY08 on the way at the moment I'm a bit of an SCT fan so it beat out the FY03...but as I say I do love me a nice buggy so the FY03H will have to "follow me home" one day.

One toy at a time!

And cool, great to hear the shock/tower mod works nicely. Maybe something i'll look at doing as well.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 04, 2019, 12:27 PM
My son's FY03 is sleeping after the all in one receiver burned one more time...

So we'll go together (he's only 11) to the brushless upgrade. For that I ordered these parts:
  • 2845 3100kv motor with 45/240A ESC and programming card
  • CS-238MG servo
  • Flysky FS-GT3B transmitter
I already have 2s LiPo batteries.

Did I miss something (or did something wrong) ?
Dec 05, 2019, 04:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwelvin
My son's FY03 is sleeping after the all in one receiver burned one more time...

So we'll go together (he's only 11) to the brushless upgrade. For that I ordered these parts:
  • 2845 3100kv motor with 45/240A ESC and programming card
  • CS-238MG servo
  • Flysky FS-GT3B transmitter
I already have 2s LiPo batteries.

Did I miss something (or did something wrong) ?
Hi,
Did you buy a pinion gear?
Stock brushed motor with 2.2mm shaft diameter
2845 brushless motor with 3.17mm shaft diameter.

for high speed ---> https://www.banggood.com/Feiyue-Upgr...r_warehouse=CN

for high torque --> https://hobbyking.com/en_us/hobbykin...___store=en_us

and corona servos has different spline (25). You need a new servo arm.

--> https://tr.aliexpress.com/item/32826...chweb201603_53
Last edited by osos11; Dec 05, 2019 at 04:45 AM.
Dec 05, 2019, 11:28 AM
Thanks a lot
Dec 18, 2019, 07:55 PM
ultra cheap pilot
Thread OP
Have you guys seen this? https://www.banggood.com/Eachine-EAT...363706201312DW

Looks like we have another FY03 aka Eachine EAT04. Exact model except have more beefier tire and optional parts the wheel hub extender.
Dec 19, 2019, 04:08 AM
Reap the wild wind
Not a surprise really bearing in mind that it was also sold under the Virhuck name. That one has metal panels and the same combo unit, just painted silver
Dec 19, 2019, 09:03 PM
ultra cheap pilot
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by headlessagain
Not a surprise really bearing in mind that it was also sold under the Virhuck name. That one has metal panels and the same combo unit, just painted silver
The good news we'll have lasting amount of spare parts in the market.
Btw what happened to one of your roof fog light face grill?
Dec 20, 2019, 05:13 AM
Reap the wild wind
Just popped off into the undergrowth after one to many flips or rolls
Best to remove and glue them on
Two Virhuck V01's woods bashing and jumps (2 min 25 sec)
Dec 20, 2019, 07:39 PM
ultra cheap pilot
Thread OP
Quote:
Just popped off into the undergrowth after one to many flips or rolls
Best to remove and glue them on
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wU6zm79tGg
You have nice trails over there, i would FPV hard in there.
Dec 21, 2019, 09:05 AM
Reap the wild wind
Quote:
Originally Posted by ican3d
You have nice trails over there, i would FPV hard in there.
Linked your videos to a mate who wants to try fpv. For now I've lent him a small AIO and my spare headset to see how he gets on in a crawler. He's just bought a 1/7th Arrma Mojave 6s beast so he'll have plenty of room should he wish to get his own set up. No sure how it would survive looking at how he drives his Senton
Arrma Senton 6s (5 min 6 sec)
Dec 22, 2019, 08:36 PM
ultra cheap pilot
Thread OP
Quote:
Linked your videos to a mate who wants to try fpv. For now I've lent him a small AIO and my spare headset to see how he gets on in a crawler. He's just bought a 1/7th Arrma Mojave 6s beast so he'll have plenty of room should he wish to get his own set up. No sure how it would survive looking at how he drives his Senton https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdHcjBSaoxc
Wow! 1/7th on 6s is rippin beast! I always wanted something larger enough space to do scale cockpit mods for FPV plus rolls on everything. I think with proper tyre mods, lifted up susp and tube frame thropy truck style would turn it into another 1/7 fy03.
Dec 24, 2019, 07:05 AM
I have no idea why this vehicle is in the Crawler forum, but, ....
For those who modded the regular -03 or those with the "H", does the driveline hold up with brushless? The WLToys folks have come out with a new 144001 (1/14) that addresses many of the shortcomings of the 12428 buggy. That being done for them already, some have jumped right to brushless as one of their first mods. They soon find out that, even though that buggy comes with metal gears in the diffs, they are soft enough that they aren't standing up to the extra power/ speed of a brushless system. The FY's have metal gears, right? I know the diameter of the gears is smaller. How do they hold up to more speed/ power? Do any of you have the 07? It has a slightly smaller brushless motor that seems to not have the handling problems some talked about with the "H". I guess I'm one of the few who would rather have the reliability of a brushless system than the speed.
Dec 31, 2019, 09:21 AM
My son and myself are quite proud of our first conversion
Dec 31, 2019, 01:16 PM
The ESC looks to be rather large. Does the fan get enough air flow on its side? I hope it isn't too fast and hard to control. If you had to do it over again, would you still do the same thing or go to an "H" model or an 07, provided you didn't already have the stock 03?
Jan 01, 2020, 04:49 AM
Yes it's big, but it fits nicely. The fan is blowing to the side panel, this is quite open so I don't expect any issue.
Driving is not very different, a bit more speed, a bit more torque but still the same car.

From a money view, it would be better to go directly to stock brushless version.

When I bough this car, my son was only 7, it was already a very big toy for him, no need to spend more for an over powered car.
And spending some time with my son to convert this have no price

This morning the servo arm (the plastic one provided with the servo) broke... some parts to order (and some time with my son to fix that )

Quick Reply