This thread is privately moderated by kenh3497, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 28, 2015, 09:17 PM
Play that funky music right
Thread OP
Discussion

First MCW airshow in 20+ years PHOTOS ADDED

This past weekend was the first airshow at the Mason City Municipal Airport in 20 or more years. What a great show it was. On top of that it was a two day show. On Saturday the show didn't start until 4 PM and went into the night with a couple of performances of flying at night with the planes all lit up with lights all over the airframe. Sparklers included There was a pretty good band to fill in the time after the flying and until the night show started. The Sunday show started at Noon and was wrapped up by 3PM. Rumors were a crowd of 3000 was expected and on Saturday Afternoon there were 4000 cars parked anyplace they could find a place to park. Cars were back up nearly a mile in each direction waiting to enter the airport. I think the 3000 showed up on Sunday . Can't name all the performers off the top of my head ( I'll have to grab a program and take a look see) but the highlight in my mind were members of CAF stopped by on their way from Oshkosh. We had a B25, 3 Mustangs, 2 P40's, a Corsair, an Avenger and a REAL Zero. The Zero did have a P&W under the hood though. From what I understand a real engine for a real Zero is even more rare that the airframe itself. There was a demonstration of the nimbleness of the Zero compared to the P40 and how the Corsair dominated the Zero with speed and power. All of the war birds did a flyby low and slow or fast as the case may be. OH the sound of 10,000 horsepower all at once gave me goosebumps. One of the Mustangs did a 400MPH flyby Oh, That B25 is a hot rod!! You should see how it can climb after a low pass. It looks like a jet on take off!

Photos posted. I apologize for some poor shots

One club member got his T-Clips autographed by Eric. NICE GUY. Our local Sig dealer had a kit autographed also.
Ken
Last edited by kenh3497; Jul 30, 2015 at 08:54 PM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply