Mar 18, 2018, 11:50 AM
Epilepsy Awareness
Quote:
Originally Posted by romP44 View Post
I tried again to adjust it, and now it works. Don't understand... It seems that it doesn't init each time I power on the ESC, because red light is blinking but I can't turn wheels, even after 10s.
I'll see with time.
Set the "Setup" pot so it's centered. It still sounds like your gain is still too high. Cut that down little by little. It does take about 15 seconds to arm.

Mike.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 15, 2019, 05:14 AM
a.d.m.i.n
Hi, what to do if gyro corrections are into wrong direction ?
Aug 15, 2019, 05:47 AM
Car Bashing
Thread OP
reverse his position on the car.
Aug 21, 2019, 04:28 PM
a.d.m.i.n
Hi, this will then reverse my steering...
Aug 21, 2019, 04:29 PM
a.d.m.i.n
Any other solution ?

Gyro is correct positioned, looking from the rear side of car: when I move with rear car to left, tyres correct/move to right...
Aug 23, 2019, 07:45 AM
a.d.m.i.n
Anyone ?
Aug 23, 2019, 08:23 AM
Car Bashing
Thread OP
So, where is the problem? Your car doesn't steer to the good direction? Have your tried to use the steering channel reverse on your transmitter?
Aug 23, 2019, 03:14 PM
a.d.m.i.n
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jym73 View Post
So, where is the problem? Your car doesn't steer to the good direction? Have your tried to use the steering channel reverse on your transmitter?
Yes I tried, but then steering is also reversed.... Gyro is not correcting steering into right direction.
Aug 23, 2019, 03:19 PM
Car Bashing
Thread OP
So, put the steering in the good direction and then reverse the gyro position, what i said from the begining. On my car the gyro worked the best in vertical position on one of his longer size with the wire going to the front of the car.

There is a photo in first post.
Aug 23, 2019, 03:21 PM
a.d.m.i.n
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jym73 View Post
So, put the steering in the good direction and then reverse the gyro position, what i said from the begining.
Hello, this is what I did; First I used it without gyro - steering was OK; Then I add gyro and correction of gyro was in wrong direction.

So after that I tried to reverse steering servo, but then steering was also reversed.
Aug 23, 2019, 04:11 PM
Car Bashing
Thread OP
So, put back the steering in original setting, and change the gyro position.

This gyro is very basic, we can't change the correction direction with parameter, we only can change his position.
Aug 25, 2019, 03:12 AM
a.d.m.i.n
Thanks, I rotated (gyro) it in different direction (rotation for 180 degree, direction was already proper) and it's working now

What is the easiest way to define "sensitivity (gain)" level. For what is "setup" button ?
Aug 25, 2019, 03:37 AM
Car Bashing
Thread OP
Nice.

Like i said in the first post :

Quote:
2 potentiometers :
Gain : apply more or less steering during gyro action.
Setup : Adjust center of steering.
It is nice they put a "manual" on the bag, mine came without any instructions. I had to guess what was the best position to make it work properly. But strangely, mine is put with the wire in the other side, to the forward direction and i guess it is this which make your gyro didn't work properly, i think it is a mistake on this manual.
Apr 24, 2021, 05:50 AM
Old thread I know but I've been using mine in different cars recently and have experienced some of the same problems you guys have had for the first time.

For a long time I had only used it in two vehicles. A tiny JJRC Q36 1/26 scale and a large Traxxas E-Maxx clone.

In both of those vehicles the gyro worked just fine with no adjustment needed. In both instances, I mounted the gryo upright and on it's long side with the label the right way up. It honestly didn't seem to matter if I mounted it on the left or right side or even mounted transversely to the chassis. As long as the stickers were the right way up and it was on it's long side.

Yesterday, though, I tried it on my Tamiya Lunchbox and noticed 2 things.

First of all, it was correcting in the wrong direction. I eventually found the cure was to use the gryo with the label upside down. I assume this is just down to the servo setup in this chassis. I bet any vehicle where you have reverse the servo channel to steer the correct way will also need the gryo to be turned upside down to reverse the direction of correction too.

Second problem was more of a head scratcher. No matter what, it would only correct in one direction. It didn't matter if the wires were facing front, back, left or right, it just wasn't moving an inch. I found this strange as it worked fine in the previous two vehicles I had used and I have NEVER adjusted the setup pot. I really can't understand how gyro would suddenly stop turning one way of it's own accord.

In the end I decided to play with the setup pot and after a while I got it to start working correctly again but this part really confused me as I thought it was just supposed to center the servo. I can't understand how it has worked fine for years but then suddenly it seemed to be totally maladjusted. Obviously the gyro isn't self aware so surely the centering setting shouldn't have changed by itself? Even if the current setting was not right for the lunchbox, I would expect it to still correct in both directions and just be a little "off" in terms of centering.

Now the really weird thing is I got it to work ok, tried it out by rotating the lunchbox in my hands and it was correcting fine. So far, so good, right?

Well I took it out for a quick test drive at the carpark down the street and went over to the part that has loads of loose dirt/gravel etc. I gave it some tests doing full throttle launches etc to test how effective it was being. This is where it got a little strange. Although it was successfully allowing the Lunchbox to make hard launches without spinning out, it had a tendency to veer to one side slightly. I also observed that trying to do power slides through gravel it would be much easier to control turning one way but not the other! So I picked the truck up and turned it side to side and guess what? Only correcting in one direction again!

I took it back home and once again tried mounting the gyro in every single direction possible and none of it made a difference to the tendency to only correct in one direction.

I tried playing with the steering trim on the transmitter too but the only difference I found was that the gyro won't initialise if the trim is set too far one way or the other, it didn't effect the one sided thing.

Really not sure what happened here. The gryo worked fine for years and was still working correctly until yesterday. I still need to put it back in the other two vehicles and see if it makes any difference, maybe it just doesn't agree with the ESC or receiver or servo in my lunchbox for some reason? Even If I mounted the gyro the "right way" up it was still only correcting in one direction, the direction just changed depending on which way up it was.

I'm honestly stumped because nearly all the issued I've seen with these has either been a case of incorrect mounting or a faulty item that was DOA.

Oh well, I guess if I can't solve it then it's not the end of the world. It did ok for a couple of years. If it's now a dud, I'll just stick with the gryro receivers I've been using from dumborc as they both seem to work great.
Last edited by nowinaminute; Apr 24, 2021 at 05:56 AM.

Quick Reply