Mar 04, 2018, 11:12 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
Hey all, Does anyone foresee any problems mounting this gyro on the side of a servo? It's an old Futaba so, I assume it's analog if that means anything?

Anyway, hears a shot of the inside cabin. Oh, one more thing. Does it matter which way the gyro is facing? I noticed in Mike's picture the unit was facing forward (IE: the wires/print,etc).

I also have some copper shielding on the front of my ESC which faces the electronic compartment. Should I remove this?

Thank you all for your help

Mike.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 05, 2018, 12:04 AM
Wicked, tricksy, false!
Orientation of the gyro shouldn't be an issue.
You can install it even in right angle (see front of back wall of compartment), as long as it sits on the side as seen in my picture..
For best results it should be mounted as close to the center of the boat. Not sure if vibrations of a working servo would interfere, so I'd personally avoid it.
ESC shielding is OK as long as it works for the ESC, it won't influence the gyro.

Go ahead
Mar 06, 2018, 02:44 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
Hey Guys, I mounted this gyro on my air boat. Looking back to front, all I can get is left rudder. No right rudder. Since these holes need to be widened do you think some adjustments will put it on track?

I'd hate to mess with the holes in case I need to return it.

I hope you guys come back and tell me "yes" it can be adjusted.

Mike.
Mar 06, 2018, 02:59 PM
Wicked, tricksy, false!
1. transmitter steering trim needs to be at center on the remote.
2. (decase and) center the servo with gyro center pot
3. put case back on and place the gyro with its wiring pointing back, label facing right (just to be absolutely sure to have a working orientation)
4. bootup and self test needs about 5 secs - let it sit this time for best results.

if it still won't work then you may have a dud indeed.
Last edited by mikefromgermany; Mar 06, 2018 at 03:07 PM.
Mar 06, 2018, 02:59 PM
Car Bashing
Thread OP
I had the same problem with the first i bought, it was faulty.
Mar 06, 2018, 05:10 PM
I have two and orientation is very important , they have a front and back and need mounting on their edge not flat , otherwise it will fight any steering input or fail to work at all !
Mar 06, 2018, 08:10 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
OMG. YOU----GUYS----ARE----NOT----GOING----TO----BELIEVE----THIS

Here I am trying to test new electronic equipment on batteries that are in storage mode

Dang, I'm getting slow Fellas.

Give you an update once the batt is out of the oven

Mike.
Mar 07, 2018, 02:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012
OMG. YOU----GUYS----ARE----NOT----GOING----TO----BELIEVE----THIS

Here I am trying to test new electronic equipment on batteries that are in storage mode

Dang, I'm getting slow Fellas.

Give you an update once the batt is out of the oven

Mike.
He he , this happens to the best of us at some point
Mar 07, 2018, 11:23 AM
Epilepsy Awareness
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadio
He he , this happens to the best of us at some point
Oh well, low battery was not the problem. I'll have to take "Mike's" advice.

I did notice the servo arm responded but, hardly enough. Would this be "GAIN."?

Mike.
Mar 07, 2018, 11:52 AM
Wicked, tricksy, false!
:thumbsup:
Mar 07, 2018, 12:17 PM
Car Bashing
Thread OP
Quote:
I did notice the servo arm responded but, hardly enough. Would this be "GAIN."?
The gain act when the gyro is in action, it is the gyro steering movement amplitude. Otherwise you must have the same steering angle than without.

When mine was faulty, it works for few second, then it disallowed to steer on one side, or with a very very small angle, unusable.
Mar 08, 2018, 11:57 AM
Epilepsy Awareness
Great news Mike. I got the gyro working thanks to you and others. I used to fly coax helis that had a 4in1 RX. Settings for the gyro on this heli was just about the same (PROP & GAIN). I'd bring the GAIN up until heli got tail wag and then you start backing off the GAIN. Which I did with the boat gyro. PROP or (Proportion/setup) I backed off a little from center.

One think I should note. While tuning my Esky V4 coax you always had to shut down to adjust "setup/PROP" for the new settings take place. I also did this as I wasn't sure on these gyros but, to be on the safe side I followed my old protocol.

Adjusting GAIN you do not need to power down.

I too will be monitoring this thread and with that, Thanks again Fellas. I hope to see you on Groups' other threads.

Mike.
Mar 17, 2018, 05:38 AM
I have received my gyro yesterday, installed on my Feiyue FY03, same problem: it corrects steering only on one side.
Gyro E-Tech GYC300 defective (0 min 34 sec)

I contact Gearbest.
Mar 17, 2018, 08:15 AM
I tried again to adjust it, and now it works. Don't understand... It seems that it doesn't init each time I power on the ESC, because red light is blinking but I can't turn wheels, even after 10s.
I'll see with time.
Mar 18, 2018, 11:38 AM
Tested today on my Feiyue FY03 on small gravel. Works well! Car is much easy to control. But after few minutes, I have power off and on the ESC, and then the gyro never finish its unit sequence... It seems that this gyro works only at cold start...

Quick Reply