Jul 24, 2015, 06:06 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Measuring Control Throw Angle

Is there a best way to do this. Its seems tough using a protractor. Is there a best way? Is there a meter that could help do this. Is it important that each side be the same? Is there a rule that each service should move 45 degrees? Thanks Ron
to remove ads between posts
Jul 24, 2015, 10:37 PM
Hobbyking sells a wooden gauge. It didn't work that well on my foamies. Seems like maybe it's for bigger balsa ships.
Jul 25, 2015, 08:15 AM
Thread OP
Thanks All,
Very good info and help. Ron
Jul 25, 2015, 11:14 AM
Here is an article on creating your own throw gauge. Very simple, very cheap.

http://www.theampeer.org/ampeer/ampj...un12.htm#THROW
Jul 25, 2015, 11:50 AM
3D? I only got two thumbs!
Skip most of that complication and just print out a protractor, trim enough so you can fit it right up to the high line at the inside edge of the aileron, counterbalance on rudder, etc. then use tape or blue tac to hold in place. Cheap and very effective.
The tool twisted sells is nice too.
Jul 25, 2015, 01:59 PM
Just a thought, I used to use these throw meters however for 3d planes all surfaces just simply want 45 degrees of throw. I use a folded sheet of paper, then fold into a triangle like the beginnings of a paper airplane.
Jul 25, 2015, 06:32 PM
Thread OP
Worked with a few thoughts today and I think something will do OK. Thanks Ron
Jul 27, 2015, 10:28 AM
Thread OP
My Gauges were, I Think, too heavy for light weight foamies. So I miniaturized it so the weight is very light, delicate but usable without holding it onto wing for hands free use. Throw angle shown when you move the radio stick. Works with even the lightest foamy plane. Heavy duty throw gauge weighing 1 gram. Even used on my Eflite AS3XTRA. Thanks All Ron
Oct 12, 2019, 03:42 AM
I think a useful Throw gauge someone still need,zyhobby offer this tool, easy to use
https://www.zyhobby.com/control-surf...uge-p1493.html

Quick Reply