This thread is privately moderated by Boris B, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 23, 2016, 07:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris B View Post
Thanks amigo

voltage gain is adjustable
max voltage = 1
min valtage (default 3,3) = min adjustment. It is even more than 25%!

When you raise min voltage up you will get less compensation.

BTW in my video i flew with compensation too! I am not sure how naze32 handles voltage reading compared to spfracing.

I also think that vbat compensations helps agains prop wash as the motor gives more constant power during power dips. Those are the main reason of prop wash weid oscillations besides air effect
Super nice my friend!!
max voltage 1
min voltage 0 ?
which is the range? 0-1?

Need tune little bit this point and for me will works super nice, it's a great feature for have all the control since flight

I'm uploading video to youtube for showing here how good works your amazing Betaflight works

Later post it, regards man ! Thank you!
to remove ads between posts
Feb 23, 2016, 08:07 AM
Lets break some props :D
I'm wanting to upgrade from my SN20 esc's.. but I must admit I'm a bit baffled by the choices available.

Looking at what's coming in terms of what we will be able to run in Khz soon (and now) I'd like them to be at least 6 months "future proof"

My SN20's are running 2.6khz quiet happily with the LUX and 2.4.1 but I fancy something better.

Suggestions?
Feb 23, 2016, 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseico90 View Post
I'm wanting to upgrade from my SN20 esc's.. but I must admit I'm a bit baffled by the choices available.

Looking at what's coming in terms of what we will be able to run in Khz soon (and now) I'd like them to be at least 6 months "future proof"

My SN20's are running 2.6khz quiet happily with the LUX and 2.4.1 but I fancy something better.

Suggestions?
Irrelevant. Deleted.
Last edited by mrmurder19.75; Feb 23, 2016 at 08:29 AM.
Feb 23, 2016, 08:31 AM
Team AlienWarpSquad
Quote:
voltage gain is adjustable
max voltage = 1
min valtage (default 3,3) = min adjustment. It is even more than 25%!

When you raise min voltage up you will get less compensation.

BTW in my video i flew with compensation too! I am not sure how naze32 handles voltage reading compared to spfracing.

I also think that vbat compensations helps agains prop wash as the motor gives more constant power during power dips. Those are the main reason of prop wash weid oscillations besides air effect
Nice. Added to Wiki FAQ.
Feb 23, 2016, 08:51 AM
Crash Test Dummy
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseico90 View Post

Suggestions?
WAIT. In a month or two they are releasing Blheli_S escs that will support oneshot42 and have hardware pwm (if my memory serves) which is similar to the new kiss 24a escs. I don't understand all the details, but it offloads some of the work from the MPU to another chip. The end result is supposed to be a much smoother esc, and I guess a more efficient one as well.

I'm holding out until quad mcfly does a few rounds of tests after they come out. However long that is :P I'm still flying 12A escs without the active braking. So if I can wait, you can too
Last edited by powdermnky007; Feb 23, 2016 at 09:21 AM.
Feb 23, 2016, 09:14 AM
Lets break some props :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by powdermnky007 View Post
WAIT. In a month or two they are releasing Blheli_S escs that will support oneshot42 and have hardware pwm (if my memory serves) which is similar to the new kiss 24a escs. I don't understand all the details, but it offloads some of the work from the MPU to another chip. The end result is supposed to be a much smoother esc, and I guess a more efficient one as well.

I'm holding out until quad mcfly does a few rounds of tests after they come out. However long that is :P I'm still flying 12 escs without the active braking. So if I can wait, you can too
Sounds like a plan...
Feb 23, 2016, 09:20 AM
Quote:
This is the single most awesome change in history of Betaflight. (Maybe after airmode PID-authority-handling in high throttle situations)
Feb 23, 2016, 09:27 AM
And on a sidenote: My KISS 18A v1.2 seem not too happy about 2.6kHz. After I recalibrated the ESCs and armed for the first time motors did not spin. I then upped throttle al ittle bit and the ESCs/Motors went crazy. I ended up destroying one Cobra 2204/2300kv and four KISS18A v1.2 this way.

So be careful guys when directly applying too fast signals on your old ESCs. Atleast you sould activate fast_PWM and use a slower cycle for those. Maybe this post helps somebody to prevent destroying 100€ worth of parts in an attempt to push the naze over the limit.

Ah well that's what we do for science, isn't it?
Feb 23, 2016, 09:31 AM
I'd rather be flying
Quote:
Originally Posted by powdermnky007 View Post

I'm holding out until quad mcfly does a few rounds of tests after they come out. However long that is :P I'm still flying 12 escs without the active braking. So if I can wait, you can too
I've got a lead on test units for BLHeli_S ESCs from two manufacturers so far. Looks like it will be at least mid-march before they have them ready. It's coming soon, but it takes time to get all the design done and manufacturing prepped. I'm extremely excited about this!

To better explain hardware PWM vs what happens now on BLHeli/SimonK, it is good to compare it to hardware serial vs software serial in the flight controller. Software serial relies on bit-banging the I/O pins at the right timing through software, vs the Serial hardware UARTS, that are much faster and handle all the output without the processor on the MCU having to do much. It's the same thing with hardware PWM. Instead of having to bit-bang the output on the pins at the right frequency, the PWM perifferal does it all for us through dedicated logic without taxing the onboard processor to manually turn the pins on and off. It just has to send a command to the peripheral telling it what period and duty cycle to run. Very nice to have. I use the same thing to output my PWM/Oneshot/Multishot code on my test hardware that I use in my bench tests, and it makes a massive difference in stability and responsiveness, even in that relatively low load scale.
Feb 23, 2016, 09:32 AM
I'd rather be flying
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuzzle View Post
And on a sidenote: My KISS 18A v1.2 seem not too happy about 2.6kHz. After I recalibrated the ESCs and armed for the first time motors did not spin. I then upped throttle al ittle bit and the ESCs/Motors went crazy. I ended up destroying one Cobra 2204/2300kv and four KISS18A v1.2 this way.

So be careful guys when directly applying too fast signals on your old ESCs. Atleast you sould activate fast_PWM and use a slower cycle for those. Maybe this post helps somebody to prevent destroying 100 worth of parts in an attempt to push the naze over the limit.

Ah well that's what we do for science, isn't it?
I was able to run my KISS 18A at 3.8khz with only minor problems at the top of the throttle due to a very high KV motor and very light prop. Other than that it worked fine. My guess is there was something else going on there at the flight controller level.
Feb 23, 2016, 09:34 AM
Hmmm...glad that didnt happen to me. My kiss18a setup on 2.6khz has never flown better. I did not recalibrate mine though.
Feb 23, 2016, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadMcFly View Post
I was able to run my KISS 18A at 3.8khz with only minor problems at the top of the throttle due to a very high KV motor and very light prop. Other than that it worked fine. My guess is there was something else going on there at the flight controller level.
Well I used 2300kv cobras and had NO Prop attached. Other than reduced cycle time I did not change much that could have affected the ESCs. Did you recalibrate your ESCs with 3.8kHz? It only happened for me when I calibrated with 2.6kHz.
Feb 23, 2016, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eL_Verde View Post
Super nice my friend!!
max voltage 1
min voltage 0 ?
which is the range? 0-1?

Need tune little bit this point and for me will works super nice, it's a great feature for have all the control since flight

I'm uploading video to youtube for showing here how good works your amazing Betaflight works

Later post it, regards man ! Thank you!
Here is the test FIGHT on 2.4.1 Betaflight, 2.6khz , PID 1, PID voltage ON, little bees 20 And Naze rev5.
Drone X Labs - Hyper X frame "El verde edition" (2 min 45 sec)
Feb 23, 2016, 09:54 AM
I'd rather be flying
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuzzle View Post
Well I used 2300kv cobras and had NO Prop attached. Other than reduced cycle time I did not change much that could have affected the ESCs. Did you recalibrate your ESCs with 3.8kHz? It only happened for me when I calibrated with 2.6kHz.
Yep, I calibrated at 3.8khz. I'm outputting the signal straight from an MCU though, no FC involved. No props probably didn't help, but my guess is something went wrong in the calibration.
Feb 23, 2016, 10:03 AM
When you say calibrating the ESC in 2.6 and 3.8 khz, do you mean FC frequency? If yes, then why does that matter?

Also can someone please explain how fast_pwm is related to looptime and what I should consider when setting them up?

Quick Reply