Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
This thread is privately moderated by Boris B, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 06:39 AM
Find More Posts by Boris B
Download

Betaflight Flight Controller Firmware Discussion Thread

Project Donations:

Introduction
"Due to many questions about my latest Cleanflight improvements and tests here is some more central information about it. The motivation for this project is to bring the end users closer to the development. As my main focus in Cleanflight is the flight improving development. A flight test group like this is very useful.
The BetaFlight fork is from the current Cleanflight Master with possible future Cleanflight flight performance enhancements.

It's highly recommended that anyone using this firmware should take common sense precautions such as:

* Remove all props from the Copter before powering up
* Perform basic operational tests on the bench, such as FailSafe tests, motor spin-up tests etc

Motivation
The original intention of this project is only to improve testing of the current CleanFlight and new features for those who are not familiar with GitHub and compiling of own firmwares.
After a while I realised that some things in CleanFlight are not being done on the most optimal way to give the maximum performance out of our machines. My main focus is to prioritize acro flight behaviour and give that the main priority, but still maintain good and solid level modes. Also we do want to prevent advanced tuning and stick to only PID's adjustments.

Tools
Betaflight is also always being adjusted to support most current Cleanflight tools like Configurator and EzGui devices and many other MSP tools. There is no special tool needed just for betaflight.

Tested Boards
- Naze32 rev4, rev5 and rev6 (boards like dragonfly32, flip32 are all naze32 rev4 clones and just use naze target)
- CC3D
- SpracingF3 / Dodo
- Sparky
- Motolab Tornado F3
- Colibri Race / The cube

Additional Remarks
- In case of using Blheli ESC software 14.1 or higher is required for reliable Betaflight support. (This remark doesnt mean that only blheli is supported. All other ESC's work fine....KISS.....Simonk etc).
On blheli esc PWM has to be set to OFF.

Firmware Releases
Releases can be found here: https://github.com/borisbstyle/betaflight/releases or download the latest build directly from source

(these are bleeding edge and may be unstable): http://andwho.sytes.net:8080/job/BorisB_BetaFlight/

More Information
https://github.com/borisbstyle/betaflight/wiki

Providing feedback and contributing to this project

Informative videos:
Betaflight Air Mode Explained (9 min 44 sec)
Last edited by Boris B; Aug 13, 2016 at 01:43 PM. Reason: update
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 23, 2015, 06:49 AM
Find More Posts by PokkaGold
I Like Coffee ^_^
Thanks Boris for your work & contribution! Now this will makes it much easier to keep up with the latest.

/salute
Old Jul 23, 2015, 06:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokkaGold View Post
Thanks Boris for your work & contribution! Now this will makes it much easier to keep up with the latest.

/salute
yes and help me not answering so many pms

The cleanflight topic can also stay clean now
Old Jul 23, 2015, 07:02 AM
Find More Posts by califrag
Incredible work, thank you again Boris! Cheers!

For those who haven't tried it, this is how Borisflight firmware feels (FPV goggle view at 0:12):

Original Music Video Da Dip (3 min 59 sec)
Last edited by califrag; Jul 23, 2015 at 02:44 PM.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 07:59 AM
Find More Posts by Marrrv
Very pleased you created this blog, much easier to follow for us "normal" guys than Github I have a feeling it will be popular.

As has been said, your hard work is much appreciated. We are are uniquely lucky to have a developer who can also fly with the very best of them

Cheers Boris
Old Jul 23, 2015, 08:33 AM
Find More Posts by JohnOCFII
Sweet!
Old Jul 23, 2015, 08:42 AM
Find More Posts by johnzm
Your a monster Boris!

any chance I could request a rom specifically for the DODO, with baro support?
Old Jul 23, 2015, 08:46 AM
Find More Posts by powdermnky007
Crash Test Dummy
Awesome, please keep posting in here your developments & recommended settings
Old Jul 23, 2015, 08:49 AM
Find More Posts by joseico90
Lets break some props :D
subscribed
Old Jul 23, 2015, 09:09 AM
Find More Posts by choopi
Sorry for my lack of knowledge here but how do you upload this hex file to your board?

... Ok it work with naze32.. I was using a Dodo from rmrc and it was giving the message "No response from bootloader, programming Failed"... What is wrong with DODO!
Last edited by choopi; Jul 23, 2015 at 09:33 AM.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnzm View Post
Your a monster Boris!

any chance I could request a rom specifically for the DODO, with baro support?
Quote:
Originally Posted by choopi View Post
Sorry for my lack of knowledge here but how do you upload this hex file to your board?

... Ok it work with naze32.. I was using a Dodo from rmrc and it was giving the message "No response from bootloader, programming Failed"... What is wrong with DODO!
I have no dodo board, but if it uses the same firmware like spracing you need to enable manual baudrate for flashing firmware
Old Jul 23, 2015, 02:14 PM
Find More Posts by johnzm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris B View Post
I have no dodo board, but if it uses the same firmware like spracing you need to enable manual baudrate for flashing firmware
Boris, DODO uses same firmware as spracing, except it has some code for the baro. if you load your firmware the baro does not work. looks like there is a request to add the baro support, but im not sure if it will make it into the next revision
Old Jul 23, 2015, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnzm View Post
Boris, DODO uses same firmware as spracing, except it has some code for the baro. if you load your firmware the baro does not work. looks like there is a request to add the baro support, but im not sure if it will make it into the next revision
ok.....I see. Is this reported?

There is this guy on github "steveArmor" who wrote a lot of baro code lately. Ask him if he can fix it.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 03:15 PM
Find More Posts by JohnOCFII
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris B View Post
ok.....I see. Is this reported?

There is this guy on github "steveArmor" who wrote a lot of baro code lately. Ask him if he can fix it.
The code is written - just appears not be be merged to master yet:

https://github.com/cleanflight/cleanflight/pull/975
Old Jul 23, 2015, 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnOCFII View Post
The code is written - just appears not be be merged to master yet:

https://github.com/cleanflight/cleanflight/pull/975
I will merge that tomorrow to my build. Will let you know.