This thread is privately moderated by Blaze0021, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 22, 2015, 08:48 PM
Thread OP
Video

Eflite UMX Habu S DF 180 - Tattered Skies

Best viewed in Fullscreen HD! A music video to my UMX Habu S. Hand launched in 9mph winds with gusts averaging 13mph, the weather yesterday was quite unique as the sun was shining, yet the random rain clouds above were sprinkling slightly with a faint yet full rainbow in the distance. I couldn't pass up a chance to get some ducted fan flight in the surreal weather. The UMX Habu S had no issues cutting through any turbulence with the AS3X and performed with excellence.

Eflite UMX Habu S DF 180 - Tattered Skies (4 min 7 sec)

Battery: Eflite 2S 7.4V 200mAh 30C

Song: Mighty Wings by Cheap Trick

I hope you enjoy the video and feel free to hit the Like Button and Subscribe!

Thanks for watching.
Last edited by Blaze0021; Jul 22, 2015 at 09:03 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 23, 2015, 11:44 AM
One giant leap for slothkind
Great video and flying, but I have a hard time believing that is 9-13 mph winds! That little jet seems to perform really well. Keep it up.
Jul 23, 2015, 12:23 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsmann11
Great video and flying, but I have a hard time believing that is 9-13 mph winds! That little jet seems to perform really well. Keep it up.
Thanks Marsmann for taking the time to watch my video. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I've attached a photo of the wind reading from my digital anemometer that I took. It's actually a bit higher, so I just rounded it off for simplicity. I do understand that ground speed is variable to the actual wind up there, but it helps me gauge how certain planes respond to certain degrees of wind, and therefore helps me decide on what plane to fly that day given the wind readings. This plane also has AS3X stabilization as well so it helps combat those outside forces and allow smaller planes like these to fly like their much larger counterparts. Hope this explains things.

500 + Views and only 1 comment? I must be doing something wrong with these videos...
Last edited by Blaze0021; Jul 23, 2015 at 01:14 PM.
Jul 23, 2015, 01:14 PM
Yeah, I really like the AS3X technology, its just I couldn't hear any wind noise from the mic, or see any trees blowing in the wind. I have the UMX Spitfire and it is awesome. Been flying it since maybe 2010! Anyway, very little people comment here I guess. Your video is one of the best I have seen on here. Keep it up.
Jul 23, 2015, 01:26 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Yeah, I really like the AS3X technology, its just I couldn't hear any wind noise from the mic, or see any trees blowing in the wind. I have the UMX Spitfire and it is awesome. Been flying it since maybe 2010! Anyway, very little people comment here I guess. Your video is one of the best I have seen on here. Keep it up.
Thanks again Marsmann. I've been flying since May of 2014. But I fly almost an hour every day during my lunch hour, weather-permitting. I have Phoenix 5 Sim that I play around with during the days where flying is just not an option.

I use iMovie in my Mac Air to edit my video footage. There is a function where you can disable background noise. I did that for the initial clip and the landing clip. Watching other flying videos, I find the constant wind blowing into the mic annoying and distracting to the overall video feature so I chose to use that function for those two parts, putting more focus into the music and the flight footage. With regards to the other video footage, when I added the music to the video, iMovie automatically adjusts the sound, disabling the background noise to a certain degree. You can still hear the ducted fan though through the passes. I cannot attest to the trees. They were definitely dancing around when I walked past them, but I make sure to stay away from them when I fly.

Hows that Spitfire? I wanted to get one, but by the time I started looking for them, they were discontinued. I was fortunate enough to just grab a brand new UMX Gee Bee R2.. now that plane is a character!

I do happen to have a 1-year old UMX Corsair AS3X that I just converted to 2S Brushless with UMX Beast 3D internals. The Video Review is here:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2459569

And here is the Write-Up:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2457595

This UMX Corsair 2S Brushless is a real performer as you will see in the video.
Last edited by Blaze0021; Jul 23, 2015 at 01:51 PM.
Jul 23, 2015, 02:21 PM
Yeah, my Spit is really cool and flies like a bigger plane. I really like the unique battery hatch, just pull of the radiator and there the battery is. Flitetest flew it around in their Ultra Micro Warbird shootout and thought it was harder to fly than the UMX P-51, which I believe! I flew one of my friend's P-51 and it was awesome. I have the Sport Cub S to fly around my front yard and to teach people to fly, a really old Night Vapor, and a UMX Trojan. I liked it, but it does not do well in the wind. I crashed it a bunch so now I have some spare UMX electronics.

That Corsair is really cool. Do you fly any bigger models? I have the bigger brother of this plane, the Parkzone F4U-1A. Its discontinued now and didn't have AS3X, but it flew really well. My first plane was the Champ, which is now the UMX Cheap n' Easy. My second plane was the old Apprentice 15e. I crashed it so hard, the entire wing, tail section and cowl came off! I fixed her up with a new wing, glue and carbon fiber. Now she's good as new!
I also have built some of Flitetest's planes. They are super easy to build and perform great in low wind. I can hover the Nutball in my front yard. I am also building their Mini Guinea cargo plane, but am having motor issues. Hopefully I can maiden it soon.
Jul 23, 2015, 02:35 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Yeah, my Spit is really cool and flies like a bigger plane. I really like the unique battery hatch, just pull of the radiator and there the battery is. Flitetest flew it around in their Ultra Micro Warbird shootout and thought it was harder to fly than the UMX P-51, which I believe! I flew one of my friend's P-51 and it was awesome. I have the Sport Cub S to fly around my front yard and to teach people to fly, a really old Night Vapor, and a UMX Trojan. I liked it, but it does not do well in the wind. I crashed it a bunch so now I have some spare UMX electronics.

That Corsair is really cool. Do you fly any bigger models? I have the bigger brother of this plane, the Parkzone F4U-1A. Its discontinued now and didn't have AS3X, but it flew really well. My first plane was the Champ, which is now the UMX Cheap n' Easy. My second plane was the old Apprentice 15e. I crashed it so hard, the entire wing, tail section and cowl came off! I fixed her up with a new wing, glue and carbon fiber. Now she's good as new!
I also have built some of Flitetest's planes. They are super easy to build and perform great in low wind. I can hover the Nutball in my front yard. I am also building their Mini Guinea cargo plane, but am having motor issues. Hopefully I can maiden it soon.
Thanks!

I did see that episode.. I had to laugh when Josh Scott said that his battery was just hanging.. exposed.. for all the world to see, LOL.

I do fly some bigger models. I have an Eflite Viking Model 280 that is in my Master of the Skies Video, a music video dedicated to my Biplanes:

Master of the Skies - UMX PT-17, Beast 3D, Pitts S-1S, Viking Model 12 280 (4 min 27 sec)

I also fly the Parkzone Sport Cub S2 which happens to be my biggest plane and also carries a Mobius Camera. I've done several Flight Videos with her and here is the Playlist:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...ywTuvM1_n8vhL9

This is an example of one of the Flight Videos with my Parkzone Sport Cub S2:

Parkzone Sport Cub S2 "Blaze" - Phoenix Rising (8 min 15 sec)

I too started with the Champ! I had recently performed a UMX Radian Receiver and Sport Cub S Motor Upgrade Modification on her to commemorate how special she is:

Return of the Champ - Hobbyzone Champ with UMX Radian Receiver (3 min 46 sec)

Sounds like you have a hangar full of planes much like myself! I would love a FliteTest Baby Blender.

Gotta love this hobby. I just can't get enough airtime!
Jul 23, 2015, 05:43 PM
Well, keep up the awesome vids, I wish I had enough time to fly everyday. The park I live near is part of a school and now I think they are expanding onto it. I may have to drive 40 minutes just to get to the nearest club.

Quick Reply