Jun 29, 2004, 06:56 AM
Registered Rotor Abuser
Thread OP

Fifth Annual SW Fla. All-Electric Event Oct. 2-3, 2004

I was given a flyer at SEFF and asked to post the Info.

Electric Fly-in and Gathering of E-Flyers
Cape Coral, Florida
Sponsored by Cape Coral R/Sea Hawks
500ft. paved runway, +grass runway, Large open Feild, 3 Covered Shelters
$10 fee
Contact them thru
www.rseahawks.org
239-481-0063

Don McGillivray, CD

Sounds Like Fun,
joe
to remove ads between posts
Jun 30, 2004, 04:43 PM
Last years was lots of fun.

I'll be there!
Jul 01, 2004, 06:50 AM
i wasn't at last years' event due to another obligation non-model related, but was there the year before, and plan on being back this year. It's really a great field, nice place to fly. Good bunch of folks there also. I made the mistake of using mapguess.com,..er,.. I mean mapquest,.. last time, and spending over 6 hours driving around backroads through the middle of florida. Was just over 4 hours on the way home going major interstates. I think I've learned my lesson
Latest blog entry: blog
Jul 17, 2004, 06:57 PM
I'm gonna try and make it. Great bunch of guys down there, and a nice facility too.
Aug 10, 2004, 02:24 PM
I see they have an all-up/last-down event. Anyone know what the rules are?
Aug 21, 2004, 06:26 AM
Dr John
Is this still a GO in the aftermath of Charlie ? Would love to come over this year.

John
Sep 18, 2004, 07:57 PM
Dr John
I just spoke with Don McGillivray and this event is still go. Charlies damage to the field was minor and has been repaired. Put down your chainsaw pack up your planes and come have some fun!

John
Sep 28, 2004, 10:21 PM
Anyone still going? Between the backlog at work and "hunkering down" I'm having serious flying withdrawal, so I'll be there Saturday at least.
Sep 29, 2004, 03:25 PM
Carver,

I hear yea! I need a break and a Fly-in would be great. Plus, I need to try and sell a few a things to make room for new additions. How long of a drive are we looking at from Orlando, 3 hours?

Mac8 (Chuck)
Sep 29, 2004, 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac8
Carver,

I hear yea! I need a break and a Fly-in would be great. Plus, I need to try and sell a few a things to make room for new additions. How long of a drive are we looking at from Orlando, 3 hours?

Mac8 (Chuck)
Yep, about 3 hours. I'm actually gonna leave Friday night with Tami and stay at the Roberts Hotel and Resort (her parents house ) in Riverview for the weekend to make the drive easier.
You gonna go?
Whatcha trying to sell?
Sep 30, 2004, 04:27 PM
I would love to make it, but busted the Spit last week.. into repair and piloting skill denial!! lol

Joe is that a Minx pic on your register page? ( and HOW do you load a pic to the gallery section??) always wanted to build one.. have the original article for EDF and plane.. need a set of plans!!
Sep 30, 2004, 07:27 PM
Account closed
I am assuming this event requires the AMA membership which I have been a member for two years now.

Does anyone know what type of models or is there a restriction of Electric type of models?

I fly some Glow to Electric conversion and then, smaller electics as well.

Carlos
Sep 30, 2004, 09:04 PM
Dr John
Carlos,
The R/Sea Hawks is not an electric only club. This is an electric only meet but the field is capable of handling the larger models. AMA yes. I am bringing my Radical Mini Stick as well as my E Sport 10. Primitive camping will be allowed at the field. Don McGillivray told me he has had about four times as many phone inquires for this years meet as past meets so the turn out should be good. There are no tropical wind events in the area this weekend so it should be a good time to catch up on some flying.

John
Oct 01, 2004, 07:09 AM
i've been looking forward to this, but with recent events requiring much of my time here it looks like I probably won't make it. To attend, I could only come saturday, and that would mean a 4+ hour drive each way in the same day. As much as I enjoy the hobby, it's hard to justify 8 hours of driving with 6 to 8 possible hours of flying between the drives. I've done it before, but it's rather exhausting. Hope everyone has a great time!
Oct 03, 2004, 09:31 PM
Event report-

Got there Saturday about 11:00 after meeting up with Alonzo in Riverview. Winds were about 10-15 straight across the runway. Breezy, with lots of BS'ing and not much flying going on. I would guess about 25-30 pilots.
Today, got there about 8:30 to try and beat the wind. Not as many guys, but a lot more flying. Probably because the wind ended up blowing pretty much straight down the runway, seemed a bit calmer today too.
Saw old friends, met some new guys, and had a good time. Nuked the ESC on the B-29, folded the gear on the Cub (again), saw some cool stuff, scored some cool plans, and got a sunburn

Quick Reply