contra rotating prop brushless - Page 77 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jun 29, 2009, 12:55 PM
Now if they can make smaller versions - cheaper .......that would be very interesting.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 29, 2009, 04:15 PM
Suspended Account
Hi Everybody,
....and best wishes to you all !!

Thanks Roy for publishing all your prop findings. The latest version of the MB is a heart stopper.
jimbo
Jun 29, 2009, 06:36 PM
http://roys-rc-tv.webs.com/
Hi Jimbo
Hope you've settled in, & enjoying all that sun sea and surf
So doing an modelling in Hawaii

PS more TCM3 data below
Last edited by Basingstoke Roy; Jun 30, 2009 at 04:52 AM.
Jun 30, 2009, 12:34 PM
Wow, MB5 looks gorgeous with 3 blade props!

Does the TCM3 motors data from the same flight? Contra props are not simple, I can see.

Thanks.

Satoru
Jun 30, 2009, 06:03 PM
Thanks Satoru
Yes they were but as you can see the front prop is not working as hard as the rear. So a first for me I will be using more pitch on the front than the back, I can only put this down to the swirl increasing the effective AOA of the back blades.

I spoke to Chirstian Ramoser of Ramoser varioProps today & he pointed out that the blades I use have only a recommended max RPM of 8000, I'm pushing 9500 with no problems yet. Solid German engineering me thinks

Roy
Jun 30, 2009, 06:19 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basingstoke Roy
So a first for me I will be using more pitch on the front than the back, I can only put this down to the swirl increasing the effective AOA of the back blades.
Roy
Roy,
You go get them!

Hawaii is great!

Jimbo
Jun 30, 2009, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eljimb0

Hawaii is great!

Jimbo
You lucky
Jan 21, 2010, 09:56 AM
Quote:
The drive shaft for the back rotor is inside the front rotors prop. I found a pair of opposite pitch props as a replacement part for one of those aero wanker birds with two motors. ONE cc phoenix 10 drives both motors.
Both motors start about 1/2 the time the other half one or the other starts only. It makes a wonderfull sound. I don't know how to read the prop rpm?
do I set the tach for 4 blades or 2. It rips all the way to WOT.
jimbo
you can use a laser RPM detector,get a decal which can reflect the laser light well,than paste it to the motor
Jan 22, 2010, 12:19 AM
Re-Kitting Expert :o
Or we have a tach that attaches to one of the motor wires and senses the feedback from the mags, just like the esc does and tells the rpm....
Mar 03, 2010, 01:37 AM
Permanently Banned
Has anyone made one of these work with two different size motors with different kv?
Jul 27, 2010, 02:00 PM
Suspended Account
happy birthday Lez

I hope you are great!
Last edited by Eljimb0; Jan 26, 2011 at 07:19 PM.
Jan 05, 2011, 06:43 PM
Wow, this thread has some beautiful contrarotating setups! Just curious where everyone is getting the copper and steel tubing used as well as a source for motor bearings? Working on a top secret project and don't have a pile of spare parts sitting around...
Jan 05, 2011, 08:07 PM
Suspended Account
Regarding the bearings, I used bearings that existed commonly, (RC-Car stuff and hacked out of computer do-dads) ...and backwards engineered everything. The aluminum and steel parts I made from bar stock.
Tell us about your project ....we can keep a secretl..
Jan 05, 2011, 09:07 PM
Good Better Best quest.
Hows that rare bear going ?
Jan 06, 2011, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Regarding the bearings, I used bearings that existed commonly, (RC-Car stuff and hacked out of computer do-dads) ...and backwards engineered everything. The aluminum and steel parts I made from bar stock.
Tell us about your project ....we can keep a secretl..
Oh no, not yet, this is a good one! I'm developing this with an eye for a patent, but I need to get the prototype built first. I promise I will let you use it when I am at the point full disclosure makes sense!