$ 129.99 Eachine Racer 250 FPV Drone Built in 5.8G Transmitter OSD With HD Camera - Page 5 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Sep 05, 2015, 04:56 AM
Registered User
AKCobra's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Madman68
99% of all CC3D's are clones and not "Genuine". That does not mean they don't work it just means that the site that is selling them is not paying a % of the sale to Openpilot. Even HK's CC3D's are "Clones" they pay royalties to OP and build them to the OP specs although most of the "Clones" are built pretty close to the HK version. Some even have more ports than the original CC3D's.

This FC is clearly not a CC3D. If any of you guys are concerned about SBUS you should just order a CC3D clone or other SBUS compatible FC when you order this quad and swap it out. What are they now $15?
True enough, although I didn't say it wouldn't work I just said it was a clone, and I didn't say it was a CC3D I said that's what the Banggood page says it is.

If it's not a CC3D based FC then finding out what it is actually is crucial to me before I'd consider spending money on it.

Looks interesting but too many unanswered questions at the moment.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Sep 05, 2015, 09:13 AM
Registered User
Which radio/receivers will work with this quad ?

When are we going to see some videos (and fpv videos) ?
Sep 05, 2015, 09:29 AM
Registered User
Rec0n's Avatar
These look like they could be a pretty OK start into quad racing - at least to let you know whether it is for you or not.

I would love to try one out myself except for a couple of points:
1. Can you buy parts for them anywhere? I have seen nothing on BG about parts at all - just the quad, and this is a deal-breaker for me.
2. Can I buy and install a Devo Rx to this quad and use it with my Devo F7 Tx unit without any hassles?
3. If it wont work with a Devo Tx/Rx combo, when can we expect an RTF version to hit the store?

I have all the FPV receiver gear already for this so it would definitely allow me to try out some race style flying to see if it is my thing.

Cheers
Sep 05, 2015, 09:34 AM
Registered User
SlyKYFox's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAKOROB
Just wondering, I have the eturbin version of this without osd...Is the osd built into the bottom board? And I can tell you all this frame is a blast to fly! And super ez to fix. Bit I would like to add osd, and wanted to know if I can do it on the turbine.
There are a few videos on YouTube of the eturbin. Looks just like it.
Sep 05, 2015, 12:00 PM
Closed Account
Great to know it is the same quad like this one:
http://shop.robitronic.com/Ersatztei...Ds-Kamera.html
There are many forum posta in german forums regarding this quad, and there are also PIDs posted for tuning and so on. Looks like it is not a completely new quad but one which is already liked and known, sounds promising!
Last edited by QuadcrasherAUT; Sep 05, 2015 at 12:10 PM. Reason: typos
Sep 05, 2015, 12:13 PM
Registered User
The Eachine Racer 250 is not the same as Eturbin TB250. You can see the differences if you compare the pics side by side. The components used (motors, escs, power distribution board, etc) are all different.
Sep 05, 2015, 12:22 PM
Elegant crash instructor
BRSS's Avatar
eTurbine TB250 is quite popular in europe.
Spare parts are available easily in numerous shops.

This Racer 250 seems to be from the same manufacturer and I've already seen with another brand some times ago, but I can't remember where.
Sep 05, 2015, 02:29 PM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom8
The Eachine Racer 250 is not the same as Eturbin TB250. You can see the differences if you compare the pics side by side. The components used (motors, escs, power distribution board, etc) are all different.
Ok, but similar? I think it differs only marginally, so getting parts or upgrading should not be to hard?
Sep 05, 2015, 04:49 PM
Registered User
This kit looks like it will take crashes much better than the walkera runner. I was set on getting the emax nighthawk 280, but i`m gonna wait a bit to see the reviews on this.

I saw in the manual that it will come in 3 different versions. ARF, RTF and RTF with 7 " screen.



@Rhodesrc : I see that they will use the flysky fs-i6 TX for the RTF. Thats a very good TX for the price. Easily gets double the range of the devo7. I was wondering if you know if it will come with the parkfly receiver or the full range with the RTF model?
Sep 05, 2015, 06:02 PM
Registered User

Non-standard FC physical mounting


I was planning upon buying one and replacing the FC with a Full Naze32. Upon close inspection of the photos in the Banggood blog with a caliper, I see that the CC3D board does not have a square mounting pattern. While I don't know if it is normal for a CC3D, there appears to be no components on the bottom side of the board. The board itself is rectangular, not square.

It looks to me like any standard replacement FC with a square mounting bolt pattern will require some refitting. Drilling new standoff holes in an unknown PWB layout is risky, at best.
Sep 05, 2015, 06:17 PM
Always Building
TheMadCADer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug40
I was planning upon buying one and replacing the FC with a Full Naze32. Upon close inspection of the photos in the Banggood blog with a caliper, I see that the CC3D board does not have a square mounting pattern. While I don't know if it is normal for a CC3D, there appears to be no components on the bottom side of the board. The board itself is rectangular, not square.

It looks to me like any standard replacement FC with a square mounting bolt pattern will require some refitting. Drilling new standoff holes in an unknown PWB layout is risky, at best.
What about double sided foam tape? That is commonly used.
Sep 05, 2015, 06:39 PM
Elegant crash instructor
BRSS's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug40
Drilling new standoff holes in an unknown PWB layout is risky, at best.
The FC is bolted on "battery tray" board, you can drill new holes without sparks :-) . Or use double sided tape as suggested by Rcnewbiechris.
Sep 05, 2015, 06:44 PM
Registered User
The area directly under the mounting pattern is full of surface mount components. Maybe they are voltage sources.

I'm sure it is possible, but it isn't the drop-in I had expected upon first look. There are good photos here: http://blog.banggood.com/eachines-ne...cer-31979.html
For me, It's back to the box-of-parts order from BG
Sep 05, 2015, 06:51 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRSS
The FC is bolted on "battery tray" board, you can drill new holes without sparks :-) . Or use double sided tape as suggested by Rcnewbiechris.
The standoffs for the FC come out of the bottom PWB. The battery barrier board hooks on to extension standoffs above the FC, as I understand it. Check the photos in the link to the Banggood blog.

Using double sided tape is dicey with all the components below. I don't think they would like being covered up with double sided tape on a summer day in AZ.
Sep 06, 2015, 02:55 AM
Aaron qin's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAKOROB
Just wondering, I have the eturbin version of this without osd...Is the osd built into the bottom board? And I can tell you all this frame is a blast to fly! And super ez to fix. Bit I would like to add osd, and wanted to know if I can do it on the turbine.
The osd is built into the 5.8G transmitter.if you want to upgraded your turbine ,You can buy the spare part (5.8G transmitter built in OSD)in Banggood.We will sell the spare parts soon.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Whoops! Eachine Racer 250 FPV Drone Built in 5.8G Tx OSD With HD Camera ARF 129.99 USD CyberX Hot Online Deals 8 Feb 03, 2016 08:53 PM