$ 129.99 Eachine Racer 250 FPV Drone Built in 5.8G Transmitter OSD With HD Camera - Page 4 - RC Groups
Sep 03, 2015, 12:03 PM
One thing I wish it had is landing gear though. I don't like mounting the battery behind electronics like that, I much prefer to mount it underneath.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 03, 2015, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKCobra
One thing I wish it had is landing gear though. I don't like mounting the battery behind electronics like that, I much prefer to mount it underneath.
Inside is fine but a stopper needs to be put between the battery and electronics if inside though. I don't think this has one but might be an easy fix though?
Sep 03, 2015, 02:37 PM
thanks rhodesrc! I'm glad they provide a little bit of adjustment to the camera even if it is a little hokey.
Sep 03, 2015, 02:51 PM
Quote:
not too much $$$ should get you the legs that they use on the emax 300 transformer. that flight controller doesn't look like my CC3D, it doesn't have the 2 little ports for Sbus and telemetry, but has another big one instead, it may still do the job though.
Sep 03, 2015, 07:22 PM
NSaNE_FPV
Well shes on the way with a pair of V1 Ghetto Goggles, waiting for the bubble to pop on this Full racing setup with Goggles for under 170.00 US..... Ill Post what I can on arrival...
Sep 03, 2015, 08:27 PM
semper mitis
I'll be inline when the final product comes/tests out. I'll even put up with the time it takes to arrive. Still waiting on an order from about a month ago.
Sep 03, 2015, 10:46 PM
Does this work with Taranis D4R 11 ?
Sep 03, 2015, 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Cow
Awesome Job! Thank You.

I dont like the looks of the wiring at all. It isn't awful they are hard-wired (would be good for beginners though to have them not be) BUT I can't believe how close those solder points are to each other. Looks a little tough even for seasoned solderers.

Is that a zip tie I see there? I wonder what that is for.

Again awesome Job! Does that mean the USB is hard to get to?

Thanks. I am glad to hear about the camera being able to be tilted.

Does the cover in front get in the way at all though if tilted?

Thanks Again and I look forward to seeing more and hearing more opinions and experiences of this quad from many users of all types.

I have to say right now I think the new emax nighthawk 280 (the RTF version) that I have been following closely, looks to be a better quad IMO then this one for this similar price range. But then again I am still waiting to get one and for it to be in stock from Banggood.

Still it looks descent for the price though. I am really happy too to see more and more in the price range.

Interested in getting one too. I will bash the heck out of it and post some vids and give some opinions from a different prespective if it happens.
Jacky?

Again awesome job rhodesrc!!
They are tightly wired and yeas it is appealing for first timers or someone just running the stock setup, It saves a bit of space and weight on an already 500 G plus.
The cable zip ties, 2 on each motor arm hold the esc inside the arm in place.
If you were going do mod it and not a fan of close soldering, I would just convert the wires and add bullets, it is a tightly packed area.
The front face does not interfere with the camera, it does not get close enough.

Itís easy once the battery is out, your finger fit through the skeleton easily.
I need to up my knowledge of the FC and protocols and then can investigate further.
We have a flysky receiver summing tomorrow so will hopefully have some flights in the weekend.
Sep 04, 2015, 01:30 AM
the arms look like stumpy versions of the ones on the storm drone hexacopter
Sep 04, 2015, 09:43 AM
Quote:
It does say it's a CC3D on the Banggood page. I'm sure it's a CC3D based clone though, not an actual CC3D.

I doubt there are many of these in the wild yet. If as you say it's missing a connector from the genuine CC3D you might have to try writing to support or wait until they start getting into people's hands and somebody figures it out

99% of all CC3D's are clones and not "Genuine". That does not mean they don't work it just means that the site that is selling them is not paying a % of the sale to Openpilot. Even HK's CC3D's are "Clones" they pay royalties to OP and build them to the OP specs although most of the "Clones" are built pretty close to the HK version. Some even have more ports than the original CC3D's.

This FC is clearly not a CC3D. If any of you guys are concerned about SBUS you should just order a CC3D clone or other SBUS compatible FC when you order this quad and swap it out. What are they now $15?
Sep 04, 2015, 10:42 AM
Foam Wrecker
The Banggood ad for this says:

http://www.banggood.com/Eachine-Race...-p-995366.html

Receiver: integrated 6 channel (not included)

How can it be "integrated," but not included and how can this be BNF without a receiver?
Sep 04, 2015, 10:57 AM
Wicked, tricksy, false!
Hey, it is just a cheap (by any means) "all in one and not so beginner friendly as advertised but we jump onto that bandwagon"-toy.

What do you all expect?

It will work - and soon you'll start replacing part after part, ending in twice the money.

-mike-
Sep 04, 2015, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodesrc
They are tightly wired and yeas it is appealing for first timers or someone just running the stock setup, It saves a bit of space and weight on an already 500 G plus.
The cable zip ties, 2 on each motor arm hold the esc inside the arm in place.
If you were going do mod it and not a fan of close soldering, I would just convert the wires and add bullets, it is a tightly packed area.
The front face does not interfere with the camera, it does not get close enough.

It’s easy once the battery is out, your finger fit through the skeleton easily.
I need to up my knowledge of the FC and protocols and then can investigate further.
We have a flysky receiver summing tomorrow so will hopefully have some flights in the weekend.
Thanks. I am glad the usb port is easy to get to. You are doing an awesome job bringing us info and showing us this quad. Keep it up.

see below

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillBlair
The Banggood ad for this says:

http://www.banggood.com/Eachine-Race...-p-995366.html

Receiver: integrated 6 channel (not included)

How can it be "integrated," but not included and how can this be BNF without a receiver?
It does seem that this one is ARF not BNF. In the manual it also says "optional" under receiver. Eachine and BG should correct this in the description as we all know BNF is to mean it has a receiver so Bind and Fly.

rhodesrc says above that he is waiting for a receiver to do the test flights. So this kind of confirms that this is ARF not BNF as well.

So what we need to know now as others are waiting to find out is what wiring is included with this for a receiver. IE PPM cable and individual cables for T A E R 12GR etc.

This necessarily is not a bad thing as people have different transmitters.
But more information on this is a must in the manual and description to aid people in getting and hooking up a RX that will work with their TX and to know if they can at all for their TX.

I noticed Jacky in the first few posts of this thread posted a link saying they also have a bnf version but the link is to the same one you posted W/O RX and the OP posted.

This information is very important and should be in the manual and description as not everyone buying will find the reviews and read all the threads and posts to know this.
Last edited by Little Cow; Sep 04, 2015 at 01:20 PM.
Sep 04, 2015, 05:16 PM
Just wondering, I have the eturbin version of this without osd...Is the osd built into the bottom board? And I can tell you all this frame is a blast to fly! And super ez to fix. Bit I would like to add osd, and wanted to know if I can do it on the turbine.
Sep 04, 2015, 06:01 PM
Elegant crash instructor
The OSD is probably integrated in vTX and not in the distribution board.