$ 129.99 Eachine Racer 250 FPV Drone Built in 5.8G Transmitter OSD With HD Camera - Page 3 - RC Groups
Sep 03, 2015, 06:06 AM
I want to stay updated ... I have the feeling that this will be my first brushless ...
to remove ads between posts
Sep 03, 2015, 06:39 AM
This looks like a great value, definitely a Runner 250 killer (which is garbage imo, going to sell mine to buy this).

A couple of questions though...

1) Are spare frame parts available? I won't touch it unless a full set of frame parts are available for purchase, learned my lesson on that one.

2) What's it made of? It appears that the main body is probably CF or Fiberglass, but the arms look to be plastic. Is that right?

3) What's the AUW?

4) How about an on-board video of the thing actually doing some proximity flying? That video didn't do a thing for me, there are already about 123 pictures of it on the site that show everything in that video.

5) No 4s I assume with those 12amp escs?

6) The included props are 5030s. Can it handle 5045s on 3s? How about bullnose on 3s?

This is definitely on my radar, I just want to see some flight video (on board actual flying, not LOS hovering for 20 minutes) and a spare parts list before I bite.
Sep 03, 2015, 07:24 AM
5045 and 12a esc from Afr with SimonK Fireware can handle 5045. I use this on another quad.
Sep 03, 2015, 07:54 AM
does eachine has a support for questions?

I realy need to get SBUS run on this
Sep 03, 2015, 08:09 AM
have you tried the CC3D forums?

SeB, you gonna be doing a review on this one?
Sep 03, 2015, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKCobra

Hi, yes.

But this CC3D Board misses the Flex and Main Port.
What FC is this? They say CC3D, but I have a CC3D running on another quad, this doesn't look like it and also as said, ports are missing

Is it possible to get SBUS on this one port running somehow?
Sep 03, 2015, 08:30 AM
It says it's a CC3D but I'm sure it's a clone at this price, might have some features missing.
Sep 03, 2015, 08:33 AM
Always Building
The FC is 32 bit, I can read STM32 from the picture, so I guess it's either an iteration of the cc3d or naze32
Sep 03, 2015, 08:58 AM
how is the default receiver connector called? (see the picture with the FC and the 6 wires)

Or my question on the other way round:

Is there an adapter to get those cables on my SBUS receiver? Anybody an idea?
Sep 03, 2015, 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKCobra

It's not schedulled actually but who knows

(Is Jacky reading ? )
Latest blog entry: Youbi XV-130 130MM FPV Racer
Sep 03, 2015, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeByDocKy
It's not schedulled actually but who knows

(Is Jacky reading ? )
Yes,I am.But we are having the Memorial Day holiday,I will give you guys a reply tomorrow.
Sep 03, 2015, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcnewbiechris
The FC is 32 bit, I can read STM32 from the picture, so I guess it's either an iteration of the cc3d or naze32
It does say it's a CC3D on the Banggood page. I'm sure it's a CC3D based clone though, not an actual CC3D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jan85f
how is the default receiver connector called? (see the picture with the FC and the 6 wires)

Or my question on the other way round:

Is there an adapter to get those cables on my SBUS receiver? Anybody an idea?
I doubt there are many of these in the wild yet. If as you say it's missing a connector from the genuine CC3D you might have to try writing to support or wait until they start getting into people's hands and somebody figures it out
Sep 03, 2015, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron qin
Yes,I am.But we are having the Memorial Day holiday,I will give you guys a reply tomorrow.
Yes I saw that on TV ... I prefered to see the last part with birds .... than the first with big guns
Latest blog entry: Youbi XV-130 130MM FPV Racer
Sep 03, 2015, 10:22 AM
if the camera really can't be tilted up then it will be quite difficult to fly. did they actually design, build and sell this thing without actually using it the way it is designed to be used? I hope not...
Sep 03, 2015, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodesrc
No Bullets on this baby.The motors are hard wired into the board, the ESC's are external mounted under the rotor arms, but still hard soldered in.
Yeah waiting to search the office tomorrow of a monitor and get you some pictures.

That's wht the joints look like.
Awesome Job! Thank You.

I dont like the looks of the wiring at all. It isn't awful they are hard-wired (would be good for beginners though to have them not be) BUT I can't believe how close those solder points are to each other. Looks a little tough even for seasoned solderers.

Is that a zip tie I see there? I wonder what that is for.

Quote:
Hey SebDocky
Yeah it has a usb port hidden where the battery sits.

That micro USB port faces the battery compartment, there is also a collection of wires.
I've updated the blog post and included the teardown I just completed, have a look.
Now we just need to get it flying......
Again awesome Job! Does that mean the USB is hard to get to?

Quote:
So many questions, but currently only one answer
Yeah you have called me out, just done a teardown and yes you can adjust the camera to point upwards abit. It is friction held between the top and bottom frame parts. There is an adjustment "window" so you can move it if you push it firmly.

There is a few photos with some bits removed, hope that makes it clear and my eyes apologize for spreading misinformation.
Thanks. I am glad to hear about the camera being able to be tilted.

Does the cover in front get in the way at all though if tilted?

Thanks Again and I look forward to seeing more and hearing more opinions and experiences of this quad from many users of all types.

I have to say right now I think the new emax nighthawk 280 (the RTF version) that I have been following closely, looks to be a better quad IMO then this one for this similar price range. But then again I am still waiting to get one and for it to be in stock from Banggood.

Still it looks descent for the price though. I am really happy too to see more and more in the price range.

Interested in getting one too. I will bash the heck out of it and post some vids and give some opinions from a different prespective if it happens.
Jacky?

Again awesome job rhodesrc!!
Last edited by Little Cow; Sep 03, 2015 at 10:39 AM.