GRAECALIS 3.0 - new italian aerobatic glider by VOLOINPENDIO.IT - Page 4 - RC Groups
Jan 19, 2017, 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisaneli
Forgot to share the weight (empty).

Fuselage: 1400g
Left wing: 1027g
Right wing: 1028g
Elevator: 131g
Rudder: 100g
Steel joiner: 545g

Looks good!

Doc J.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 20, 2017, 12:10 AM
Guys I'm going to use your build thread to help me build my X models 3.2. The one difference I noticed is that I don't have any trays or hardware. Even the tail plane installation looks identical but no hardware.

A question on the elevator. Is the design meant so it's removable? You only have to screw it down and you can remove it later? I see that you have a pin installed in front of it. Thanks!
Jan 20, 2017, 02:06 AM
iSlope
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnavarro
A question on the elevator. Is the design meant so it's removable? You only have to screw it down and you can remove it later? I see that you have a pin installed in front of it. Thanks!
Hi mnavarro

Yes, the elevator is designed to be removable. It has a pin for fixture in the front and a plastic screw to hold it down.

Regards,
Gorazd
Jan 20, 2017, 05:17 AM

Howto video for fuselage

Fantastic Pisaneli , you have done a great job...

Below a small howto ...
Graecalis 3.0 Video howto Step1... Fuselage (3 min 37 sec)
Jan 29, 2017, 01:33 PM
iSlope
Fuse is now 95% finished. Just need to install the Rx installation and power suply. Moving to the wings now ...
Jan 29, 2017, 03:09 PM
Can somebody tell me why do pull/pull cable when a thicker carbon push-rod will work fine (similar to elevator) I'll I see are problems with flutter unless you do a closed loop rudder.
Jan 30, 2017, 02:38 AM
iSlope
Quote:
Can somebody tell me why do pull/pull cable when a thicker carbon push-rod will work fine (similar to elevator) I'll I see are problems with flutter unless you do a closed loop rudder.
In my case done as per manual. If flutter appears after first flights I will let you know and change to carbon rod.
Jan 30, 2017, 12:40 PM
Michele
Pisaneli great job!
I'm waiting for Flights on Slovenian slopes

Feb 20, 2017, 04:04 PM
Very nice build!
Feb 26, 2017, 03:27 PM
iSlope
This weekend I was able to finish the Graecalis. CG is set, programming done and wing bangs tailored.
Feb 26, 2017, 03:55 PM
iSlope
I was hoping for some strong lift today. That wind didn't came so I took some photos of Graecalis instead. Maiden will be done next time.
Feb 27, 2017, 07:03 AM
Looks beautiful! Very nice and clean build
... good luck with maiden.
Feb 27, 2017, 07:38 AM
iSlope
Quote:
Looks beautiful! Very nice and clean build
... good luck with maiden.
Thanks. I'll keep you updated.