Jan 23, 2020, 10:21 AM
Bret Martin
I like the way it flies so I have left it alone. A little more takeoff run and a touch of up elevator and away you go. I have my balance about neutral. At about a 25 degree upline I roll inverted and hands off it "slightly" lowers the nose. Flies great inverted with just a touch of down.
Just my 2 cents worth
to remove ads between posts
Jan 24, 2020, 10:28 AM
dbc
dbc
I did the normal checks for down thrust with inverted and loops. It doesn’t seem to show any issues. The plane fly’s nicely inverted - but then so does the Edge. In fact the Edge seems just as happy and controllable inverted as it is upright!

I lowered the tail wheel about 3/8” by bending the spring wire and it seemed to help a little. A couple more flights this morning had nicer takeoffs w/o requiring a lot of speed - but then again, this was directly into an 8mph breeze.
Jan 24, 2020, 07:38 PM
dbc
dbc
I got 4 more flights in this evening right before sundown when the wind had dropped to near dead calm. The takeoff performance is much improved, I’d consider it now a non-issue. I’m surprised that lowering the tail less than half inch improved things so much.

I’ve now got the throws, expo, and trim dialed in to my preferences - and I’m really enjoying this plane. A nice, smooth flyer with no surprises when pushed a little harder.
Jan 24, 2020, 08:08 PM
Great Dave, I should fly mine more....

Quick Reply